what is the definition of science?

Nouveau

I provided the definition of science, and the scientific method.
And I agreed with the atheist quoted in your link that it is a good definition.

What you haven't done is provide a shred of support for your claim that atheists here have treated science as a religion.

SteveB

And I agreed with the atheist quoted in your link that it is a good definition.

What you haven't done is provide a shred of support for your claim that atheists here have treated science as a religion.
I like to use you, because you clearly don't read. You ignore everything that challenges your beliefs, and then beat horses long after they've died, all to make others think you have a goal to achieve.

Nouveau

I like to use you, because you clearly don't read. You ignore everything that challenges your beliefs, and then beat horses long after they've died, all to make others think you have a goal to achieve.
None of this ad hominem nonsense is going to prevent readers from seeing you still can't support your OP claim about CARM atheists treating science as a religion. You're not able to present anything to challenge that fact. But I agree that your argument at this point is a very dead horse.

Whatsisface

Going well is it? Having productive discussion with everyone?

For some reason there is no goodwill in your approach. This has been apparent from the get go, when if challenged in a neutral manner, you resort to insults very quickly.

SteveB

None of this ad hominem nonsense is going to prevent readers from seeing you still can't support your OP claim about CARM atheists treating science as a religion. You're not able to present anything to challenge that fact. But I agree that your argument at this point is a very dead horse.
Well, if ad-hominem is telling you the truth of what I observe then apparently truth is an insult.
Have a nice life.

Nouveau

Well, if ad-hominem is telling you the truth of what I observe then apparently truth is an insult.
Have a nice life.
It's ad hominem because it is addressing me instead of what I said.

Please learn the difference between an observation and a deliberate misrepresentation.

Electric Skeptic

Numerous atheists here keep throwing around the word- science--- as though it's a religious idea to be worshiped, and idolized.
I'll throw my hat into the ring as yet another person pointing out that you provide not the slightest evidence of any atheist doing this.
It's gotten really old, and is embarrassing.
It might be, if it actually occurred.
Science is not a religion. At least, it shouldn't be. If it's your religion, you're embarrassing yourself.
It's nobody's religion, nobody claims it is and nobody treats it as if it were.
Just stop treating science as though it's a religious belief. Science is not the end all, be all of knowledge.
Nobody treats science as though it's a religions belief. That's your strawman.

SteveB

I'll throw my hat into the ring as yet another person pointing out that you provide not the slightest evidence of any atheist doing this.

It might be, if it actually occurred.

It's nobody's religion, nobody claims it is and nobody treats it as if it were.

Nobody treats science as though it's a religions belief. That's your strawman.
We refer to this as an attitude and actions.

In the world I live in, ones actions are indicative of their beliefs.

Nouveau

no projection needed.
You've been making that point clear for several years. It's a pity you're afraid to own it.
So you have no idea what your attitude and actions say of you. Thanks for making that point very clear.