What is the Gospel according to Mormons?

Asking a relevant question is not only off topic but an attack on Christianity. Good to know.
It is not you who determines the "relevance" of the question. Rather, it is for the moderators to determine if a poster is obeying the rules that were agreed to as a pre-condition for the privilege of posting on CARM Your recent posts give me the impression that you do not like the rules here.

For that awkward situation in which you seem to have boxed yourself into, I am sure that you can find a very easy solution

It is not you who determines the "relevance" of the question. Rather, it is for the moderators to determine if a poster is obeying the rules that were agreed to as a pre-condition for the privilege of posting on CARM Your recent posts give me the impression that you do not like the rules here. For that awkward situation in which you seem to have boxed yourself into, I am sure that you can find a very easy solution

If my question was irrelevant then It would follow that your accusation against us that we are not Christian would also be irrelevant.

If my question was irrelevant then It would follow that your accusation against us that we are not Christian would also be irrelevant.
How greatly you miss the point!

It is not your job to determine "relevance" because you have no say-so in the running of this forum. Your "job" is to OBEY the rules to which you, and all the rest of us unconditionally agreed to so that we could have the privilege of posting here. It is the moderators and the administrator's job to fairly enforce the rules of the board's owner, Matt Slick.

As to the issue of "the message of mormonism", Matt wrote this:

So, according to Mormonism to be “saved after all we can do” means to extend your best effort, live his commandments, love fellow men, pray for adversaries, cloth the naked, feed the hungry, visit the sick, lead chaste, clean lives, and be honest.​
... the Mormon has to keep the commandments to be saved and has no excuse for not doing them. In other words, Mormonism teaches that the Mormon must keep all the commandments all the time to be saved. But that isn’t all. The Mormon must also deny himself of all ungodliness in order for God’s grace to be sufficient.​
“Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God” (The Book of Mormon, Moroni 10:32).​
from https://carm.org/mormonism/the-gospel-according-to-mormonism/

Of course, none of that stuff comes from the Bible, but from the mind of Joseph Smith. So really, Mesenja, if you want to discuss the basic tenets of your church, and keep away from trouble by going off topic (as several of us mentioned throughout this thread) I sincerely suggest that you follow the rules instead of flaunting them. As a simple and friendly gesture, you can do that by discussing the impossible-to-do requirements of perfection as is mentioned above, taken from your "holy books".

How greatly you miss the point!

It is not your job to determine "relevance" because you have no say-so in the running of this forum. Your "job" is to OBEY the rules to which you, and all the rest of us unconditionally agreed to so that we could have the privilege of posting here. It is the moderators and the administrator's job to fairly enforce the rules of the board's owner, Matt Slick.

As to the issue of "the message of Mormonism", Matt wrote this:

So, according to Mormonism to be “saved after all we can do” means to extend your best effort, live his commandments, love fellow men, pray for adversaries, cloth the naked, feed the hungry, visit the sick, lead chaste, clean lives, and be honest.
... the Mormon has to keep the commandments to be saved and has no excuse for not doing them. In other words, Mormonism teaches that the Mormon must keep all the commandments all the time to be saved. But that isn’t all. The Mormon must also deny himself of all ungodliness in order for God’s grace to be sufficient.
“Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God” (The Book of Mormon, Moroni 10:32).
from https://carm.org/mormonism/the-gospel-according-to-mormonism/

Of course, none of that stuff comes from the Bible, but from the mind of Joseph Smith. So really, Mesenja, if you want to discuss the basic tenets of your church, and keep away from trouble by going off topic (as several of us mentioned throughout this thread) I sincerely suggest that you follow the rules instead of flaunting them. As a simple and friendly gesture, you can do that by discussing the impossible-to-do requirements of perfection as is mentioned above, taken from your "holy books".

I was only making an observation. Matt Slick is wrong on this point therefore my answer is no thank you. I would rather discuss the topic of this thread which is What is the Gospel according to Mormonism.

I was only making an observation. Matt Slick is wrong on this point therefore my answer is no thank you. I would rather discuss the topic of this thread which is What is the Gospel according to Mormonism.
That is good regarding discussing the topic of this thread. I welcome that. Thank you. So.... what is the "good news" to somebody seeking spiritual direction (or maybe not)? What would make the gospel attractive to them where they would embrace it? It is good news for a reason. Why would someone think it is good news that you, as a Mormon, are sharing?

That is good regarding discussing the topic of this thread. I welcome that. Thank you. So.... what is the "good news" to somebody seeking spiritual direction (or maybe not)? What would make the gospel attractive to them where they would embrace it? It is good news for a reason. Why would someone think it is good news that you, as a Mormon, are sharing?

“The gospel] is the good news that Jesus Christ has made a perfect Atonement for mankind. It is the message of love, hope, and mercy that there is a reconciliation of man with God.

“Sin is the willful transgression of divine law. The Atonement of Jesus Christ is the gift of God to His children to correct and overcome the consequences of sin.”

President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, Second Counselor in the First Presidency, “Point of Safe Return,” Ensign, May 2007, 99.

Meaning of Reconciliation

What does it mean to be reconciled to God? The Bible Dictionary describes the Atonement as “the setting ‘at one’ of those who have been estranged and denotes the reconciliation of man to God. Sin is the cause of the estrangement, and therefore the purpose of atonement is to correct or overcome the consequences of sin” (“Atonement”).

Elder Bruce R. McConkie (1915–85) of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles taught, “Reconciliation is the process of ransoming man from his state of sin and spiritual darkness and of restoring him to a state of harmony and unity with Deity” (Doctrinal New Testament Commentary, 3 vols. [1965–73], 2:422).

“To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
“Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ’s stead, be ye reconciled to God” (2 Corinthians 5:18–20).

The gospel of Jesus Christ is our Heavenly Father’s plan for the happiness and salvation of His children. According to His plan, our Heavenly Father sent His Son, Jesus Christ, into the world to show us how to live meaningful and happy lives and experience eternal joy after this life. Through the grace and mercy of Jesus Christ, you can become clean from sin and enjoy peace of conscience. You can become worthy to live in Heavenly Father’s presence after this life.

To receive this peace and strength, you must learn and follow the principles and ordinances of the gospel. A principle is a truth that can be applied in life; an ordinance is a sacred, formal act performed by the authority of the priesthood and is often a means of entering into a covenant with our Heavenly Father. The first principles of the gospel are faith in Jesus Christ and repentance. The first ordinances of the gospel are baptism and receiving the Holy Ghost.

After you learn and follow the first principles and ordinances of the gospel, you seek to follow Christ’s example throughout the remainder of your life. This continued faithfulness is called “enduring to the end.”

The gospel of Jesus Christ is our Heavenly Father’s plan for the happiness and salvation of His children. According to His plan, our Heavenly Father sent His Son, Jesus Christ, into the world to show us how to live meaningful and happy lives and experience eternal joy after this life. Through the grace and mercy of Jesus Christ, you can become clean from sin and enjoy peace of conscience. You can become worthy to live in Heavenly Father’s presence after this life.

To receive this peace and strength, you must learn and follow the principles and ordinances of the gospel. A principle is a truth that can be applied in life; an ordinance is a sacred, formal act performed by the authority of the priesthood and is often a means of entering into a covenant with our Heavenly Father. The first principles of the gospel are faith in Jesus Christ and repentance. The first ordinances of the gospel are baptism and receiving the Holy Ghost.

After you learn and follow the first principles and ordinances of the gospel, you seek to follow Christ’s example throughout the remainder of your life. This continued faithfulness is called “enduring to the end.”
Thank you for the response. It took a while, but I appreciate it. We likely differ on our understanding but now we have a better idea of what the gospel is to you as a Mormon.

Where did you copy that from?

Back