What is the Gospel according to Mormons?

Compare it with the rest of the word of God. Baptism is a pledge of a clear conscience. Why? Because it is the blood of Jesus that saves-- not water.

So now that the thread has been apparently hijacked from what is the Gospel according to Mormons, why not start a thread on what is Baptism to Mormons. It would be more appropriate. Baptism certainly isn't the gospel

Don't like the answer to your post, not mine and you cry foul.

Last edited:
Saved by grace through faith and faith alone (Eph. 2:8-10). Faith in what? Through what Jesus has done. Shedding His blood on the cross.
I will state it again, saved through the Grace of God... we will all be judged by our works....

Articles of Faith..

3. We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.

4. We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.

All this can be found in the New Testament teachings... but grace alone does not bring Eternal Life..

Don't like the answer to your post, not mine and you cry foul.
Your answer is what it is. Just not appropriate for this thread which is about the Gospel. You Mormons are quite good at diversions. Yes, Theo and I answered the diversions, but the diversion is still off base.

I will state it again, saved through the Grace of God... we will all be judged by our works....

Articles of Faith..

3. We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.

4. We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.

All this can be found in the New Testament teachings... but grace alone does not bring Eternal Life..
If you are being judged by your works, it is no longer grace and you will die eternally in hell.

Your answer is what it is. Just not appropriate for this thread which is about the Gospel. You Mormons are quite good at diversions. Yes, Theo and I answered the diversions, but the diversion is still off base.

Why is answering your post not appropriate for this thread? And why would you answer so-called diversionary threads in the first place? You could of at least said they were but that raises the question of why are you telling us what gospel we preach? Baptism by immersion is part of the gospel message, therefore appropriate.

Last edited:
If you are being judged by your works, it is no longer grace and you will die eternally in hell.

The apostle Paul differentiates between good works or those done under the auspices of God's grace and those done apart from grace which are works of debt. And for your information baptism by immersion for the remission of sins is not a work. Neither is the laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Last edited:
Yet not one word of your own doctrine, interesting. Well at least Theo is mum...

Even those who are given life--when being judged according to their works?

John 5:28-29---King James Version
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Organ--just so the Biblical witness does not agree with one's theology--does not render the Biblical testimony false.

Why is answering your post not appropriate for this thread? And why would you answer so-called diversionary threads in the first place? You could of at least said they were but that raises the question of why are you telling us what gospel we preach? Baptism by immersion is part of the gospel message, therefore appropriate.

And not only a part of the gospel, but, according to the Biblical testimony--the very beginning of the gospel:

Mark 1:1-5---King James Version
1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;
2 As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.
3 The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.
4 John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.
5 And there went out unto him all the land of Judaea, and they of Jerusalem, and were all baptized of him in the river of Jordan, confessing their sins.

Saved by grace through faith and faith alone (Eph. 2:8-10). Faith in what? Through what Jesus has done. Shedding His blood on the cross.

If it is through faith alone--then why do the scriptures connect our walk in the light---with His Blood?

1 John 1:7---King James Version

7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Part of the gospel message, but not THE gospel message.

And not only a part of the gospel, but, according to the Biblical testimony--the very beginning of the gospel:

Mark 1:1-5---King James Version
1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;
2 As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.
3 The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.
4 John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.
5 And there went out unto him all the land of Judaea, and they of Jerusalem, and were all baptized of him in the river of Jordan, confessing their sins.
You don't understand the difference between John's baptism and believer's baptism. OT vs. NT.

Yet not one word of your own doctrine, interesting. Well at least Theo is mum...
I posted the gospel on the doctrinal forums. Mine is not relevant for this forum. did you no9t read the initial question/ title of this thread? You declined to go there. Said you weren't interested.

The apostle Paul differentiates between good works or those done under the auspices of God's grace and those done apart from grace which are works of debt. And for your information baptism by immersion for the remission of sins is not a work. Neither is the laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.

You keep claiming this, but you never demonstrate it.

Back