What is the Gospel according to Mormons?

John 3:16 isn't Mormonism. Neither is Romans 1:16.

Mormons claim that all churches other than their own are wrong, that the Gospel is only in Christ's church, and that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the only church with which Christ is pleased. Joseph Smith claimed that all other churches "teach for doctrines the commandments of men." Mormons also teach that only they have authority to baptize.

1 Nephi 14
9 And it came to pass that he said unto me: Look, and behold that great and abominable church, which is the mother of abominations, whose founder is the devil.

10 And he said unto me: Behold there are save two churches only; the one is the church of the Lamb of God, and the other is the church of the devil; wherefore, whoso belongeth not to the church of the Lamb of God belongeth to that great church, which is the mother of abominations; and she is the whore of all the earth.

Doctrine and Covenants 1
30 And also those to whom these commandments were given, might have power to lay the foundation of this church, and to bring it forth out of obscurity and out of darkness, the only true and living church upon the face of the whole earth, with which I, the Lord, am well pleased, speaking unto the church collectively and not individually—

31 For I the Lord cannot look upon sin with the least degree of allowance;
I'm sorry, where's your authority to authoritatively speak for Mormonism?

You mean how dare she air out in public what your cult teaches? Why are you ashamed to admit to your own teachings?
Does she air out in public what my cult teaches? Does she? Can you prove that? How are making such a conclusion?
It's true because, it supports your narrative?
Why are you so willing to believe a lie? Are you ashamed to see a perspective outside of your own?

This has been an interesting exercise in what it has revealed-- and not revealed. Will wait another day for Ralf and BOJ (I believe he has blocked me) to chime in. Now Ralf is in either the bishopric or stake presidency in some capacity and has been a Mormon for some time. He should be able to answer the simple question of "what is the Gospel according to Mormons?" Christians can answer this very simply. but so far NO Mormon has provided an answer that would satisfy an investigator. The answers have either been obtuse (dberrie), or partial speaking in generalities with little specifics.

If Gospel means good new or glad tidings as used in Luke's Gospel with the shepherds, what is the good news Mormons have to share with the world? By saying a restored gospel still doesn't address what the Gospel actually is.

OK Ralf and BOJ, your turn at the apple.

Last edited:
Does she air out in public what my cult teaches? Does she? Can you prove that? How are making such a conclusion?
Why are you so willing to believe a lie? Are you ashamed to see a perspective outside of your own?
Oh, so believing a lie is acknowledging LDS official beliefs, and that means to you, an LDS, that I believe a lie LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk about hoodwinked. Yes, it is true, only the true God of scripture can save a Mormon or anyone else out of deception.

@Aaron32, you are lost in your sins, deceived, and are without hope. You are not a Christian, you are headed headlong to hell.

Why are you so willing to call me a liar without showing any proof? What happened to your integrity if you had any?

Oh, so believing a lie is acknowledging LDS official beliefs, and that means to you, an LDS, that I believe a lie LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk about hoodwinked. Yes, it is true, only the true God of scripture can save a Mormon or anyone else out of deception.

@Aaron32, you are lost in your sins, deceived, and are without hope. You are not a Christian, you are headed headlong to hell.
The true God was definitely patient with my stupidity! I stayed in that religion for years.

This has been an interesting exercise in what it has revealed-- and not revealed. Will wait another day for Ralf and BOJ (I believe he has blocked me) to chime in. Now Ralf is in either the bishopric or stake presidency in some capacity and has been a Mormon for some time. He should be able to answer the simple question of "what is the Gospel according to Mormons?" Christians can answer this very simply. but so far NO Mormon has provided an answer that would satisfy an investigator. The answers have either been obtuse (dberrie), or partial speaking in generalities with little specifics.

If Gospel means good new or glad tidings as used in Luke's Gospel with the shepherds, what is the good news Mormons have to share with the world? By saying a restored gospel still doesn't address what the Gospel actually is.

OK Ralf and BOJ, your turn at the apple.
It's the same Gospel Jesus taught to his disciples and the chosen Apostles... then wolfs in sheeps clothing decided to pervert his truths...
Many like you have been deceived and are in complete denial of the restoration of all things...

Acts 3:21

whom heaven must receive until the period of restoration of all things about which God spoke by the mouth of His holy prophets from ancient time.

Now your turn to refute the restoration of all things... as to restore it to its original condition. Your complete denial is obvious for you have no idea what the original Gospel was..... so the Gospel is not anything close to Evangelical concepts and precepts. All your teachers and professors are corrupt...

“They draw near to me with their lips while their hearts are far from me.”First Vision, p. 157.)

It's the same Gospel Jesus taught to his disciples and the chosen Apostles... then wolfs in sheeps clothing decided to pervert his truths...
Many like you have been deceived and are in complete denial of the restoration of all things...

whom heaven must receive until the period of restoration of all things about which God spoke by the mouth of His holy prophets from ancient time.

Now your turn to refute the restoration of all things... as to restore it to its original condition. Your complete denial is obvious for you have no idea what the original Gospel was..... so the Gospel is not anything close to Evangelical concepts and precepts. All your teachers and professors are corrupt...

“They draw near to me with their lips while their hearts are far from me.”First Vision, p. 157.)
The Mormon “restoration” is what Christ was warning us about when He spoke of wolves in sheeps clothing and false prophets who would teach a different gospel.

And you still haven't explained what the Gospel is. Just saying "it is a restoration of all things" is a nothing statement. Just saying it is the same Gospel taught to the apostles and disciples says nothing if it isn't explained what that Gospel is. Are you incapable of doing that, Ralf? Do you know how to explain the Gospel? How does a Mormon such as yourself explain the Gospel?

And you still haven't explained what the Gospel is. Just saying "it is a restoration of all things" is a nothing statement. Just saying it is the same Gospel taught to the apostles and disciples says nothing if it isn't explained what that Gospel is. Are you incapable of doing that, Ralf? Do you know how to explain the Gospel? How does a Mormon such as yourself explain the Gospel?
If a person cannot tell you what the Gospel is, when they say that they teach and preach the Gospel, then we have a serious problem.

If one cannot show what it is, and know the above indictment is correct, then what will they do? Go and find what it is on Google, supply the answer, pretending they knew all along? That would show they are self-deceived and do not even know what the message they say they believe in is at all.

If a person cannot tell you what the Gospel is, when they say that they teach and preach the Gospel, then we have a serious problem.

If one cannot show what it is, and know the above indictment is correct, then what will they do? Go and find what it is on Google, supply the answer, pretending they knew all along? That would show they are self-deceived and do not even know what the message they say they believe in is at all.
I am surprised as LDS leaders in either the bishopric or stake presidency as Ralf has claimed, didn't understand the question and fired off such a meaningless response that failed to address the question. I am of the opinion neither Ralf or the others actually know what the gospel is, which explains why they can't communicate it.

Folks in their wards and stake ought to be worried at this apparent ineptness.It isn't rocket science. Then again, maybe it is.

I am surprised an LDS leaders in either the bishopric or stake presidency as Ralf has claimed, didn't understand the question and fired off such a meaningless response that failed to address the question. I am of the opinion neither Ralf or the others actually know what the gospel is, which explains why they can't communicate it.

Folks in their wards and stake ought to be worried at this apparent ineptness.It isn't rocket science. Then again, maybe it is.
What I have learned is they deny their official teachings. The fact that they cannot state when asked what the Gospel is is no surprise here.

You are correct, they are theologically inept, but have deceived themselves into believing they are right with God (works righteous) while they worship a false christ.

I am surprised as LDS leaders in either the bishopric or stake presidency as Ralf has claimed, didn't understand the question and fired off such a meaningless response that failed to address the question. I am of the opinion neither Ralf or the others actually know what the gospel is, which explains why they can't communicate it.

If they actually know or believe they know and won't express it, they are committing a sin. IMO.

If they actually know or believe they know and won't express it, they are committing a sin. IMO.
And it should make a person wonder why that is the case. After all, if as their leader Joseph Smith said that God revealed to him all churches were wrong, then that means the gospel has been wrong or badly misrepresented. It would be the job of the LDS religious leader-- any Mormon for that matter-- to set the record straight.

Lurkers, pay attention to this thread. You are learning that your Mormon "apologists" here can't communicate to anyone here what the gospel is. They talk about it. They talk all around it. They say they believe it. They say it has been restored. But they can't tell any of us what it actually is. Don't you find that disconcerting, lurkers? Missionaries and church leaders want you to join the church, get baptized, have you tithe and yet they can't explain the most basic thing-- the gospel. If that can't be communicated, nothing else LDS leaders say or teach isn't worth a hill of beans.

Why are Mormons here except to argue?

If they have truth why hide it? They only teach people what they must do to have eternal life in the temples.

Back