What is the gospel message, and how is it transmitted?

shnarkle

From time to time, I will hear people say, "What the good news?", or "What's the good word"? it's a perfect opportunity to launch into the gospel message, and yet each and every time I do, it comes out differently. The reason being that the context is usually different which requires that I use terminology that those I'm speaking to can understand. One cannot talk about the gospel message to a Baptist in the same language or vocabulary one would use with a scientist or a skeptic.

So my question is this: What is the gospel, and how do you communicate it to others? The reason I ask this is because some people believe that what they've been taught is the gospel message. It clearly isn't because what one is taught is not the same thing as what is communicated.

Let me give an example: You have been bitten by a snake, and upon entering the hospital's emergency room, you are directed into an examination room where a doctor presents you with the anti venom serum. To then simply set the serum on display isn't enough. It has to be administered in order to be effective. This is the difference I'm talking about.

So, the question is how does one communicate the gospel to others? This also suggests the question, how did you receive the gospel?

Manfred

From time to time, I will hear people say, "What the good news?", or "What's the good word"? it's a perfect opportunity to launch into the gospel message, and yet each and every time I do, it comes out differently. The reason being that the context is usually different which requires that I use terminology that those I'm speaking to can understand. One cannot talk about the gospel message to a Baptist in the same language or vocabulary one would use with a scientist or a skeptic.

So my question is this: What is the gospel, and how do you communicate it to others? The reason I ask this is because some people believe that what they've been taught is the gospel message. It clearly isn't because what one is taught is not the same thing as what is communicated.

Let me give an example: You have been bitten by a snake, and upon entering the hospital's emergency room, you are directed into an examination room where a doctor presents you with the anti venom serum. To then simply set the serum on display isn't enough. It has to be administered in order to be effective. This is the difference I'm talking about.

So, the question is how does one communicate the gospel to others? This also suggests the question, how did you receive the gospel?
I believe the Holy Spirit will give you the words:
18 and you will be dragged before governors and kings for my sake, to bear witness before them and the Gentiles. 19 When they deliver you over, do not be anxious how you are to speak or what you are to say, for what you are to say will be given to you in that hour. 20 For it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you. (Matt 10 ESV)

What is the gospel?
In essence this:
3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures, (1Cor 15 ESV)

How does one receive the gospel?
By the power of God:

2 And I, when I came to you, brothers, did not come proclaiming to you the testimony of God with lofty speech or wisdom. 2 For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. 3 And I was with you in weakness and in fear and much trembling, 4 and my speech and my message were not in plausible words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, 5 that your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men but in the power of God. (1 Cor 2)