What is the Gospel of Jesus Christ?

Repentance and faith are two sides of the same coin. You can't have onr without the other. First faith and repentance, then baptism. Faith and repentance are granted by God.
try this, Faith and belief are on the same coin, so to speak. and one repent and is baptized for the remission of Sins that are "PAST". for the JUST must live by FAITH.

Hope set the Goal and Faith gets it.

:ninja:

try this, Faith and belief are on the same coin, so to speak. and one repent and is baptized for the remission of Sins that are "PAST". for the JUST must live by FAITH.

Hope set the Goal and Faith gets it.

How many sins did you commit before the cross? Paul says on Col 2:

14having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us, which was hostile to us; and He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross

Repentance and faith are two sides of the same coin. You can't have onr without the other. First faith and repentance, then baptism. Faith and repentance are granted by God.
Romans 10:12 "For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him." Romans 10:13 "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." Romans 10:14 "How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?" Romans 10:15 "And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!" Romans 10:16 "But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?"
Romans 10:17 "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."

so belief and faith are on the coin.

How many sins did you commit before the cross? Paul says on Col 2:

14having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us, which was hostile to us; and He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross
ANSWER, Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" Romans 3:24 "Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:" Romans 3:25 "Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;" Romans 3:26 "To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. "Romans 3:27 "Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith."

again belief and faith.

Romans 10:12 "For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him." Romans 10:13 "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." Romans 10:14 "How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?" Romans 10:15 "And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!" Romans 10:16 "But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?"
Romans 10:17 "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."

so belief and faith are on the coin.

What's the difference between belief and faith?

What's the difference between belief and faith?
did u not hear? belief set the Goal, and Faith obtain it. other words, belief is our TRUST in God, and Faith is the concrete assurance/EVIDENCE of that TRUST, in which we're confident of our grantee. how? in receiving him, the Holy Spirit, which he gives us. in layman's terms. the dollar bill, legal tender, (is our evidence/faith) that we TRUST in the government. that we have purchase power, or the ability to LIVE and Function in this World.

example in salvation: one believes they are saved, until the Lord Jesus returns. Faith is the assurance/EVIDENCE that you, I, we, are save, meaning "hope". scripture, Romans 8:24 "For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?"
Romans 8:25 "But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it." and as said, that EVIDENCE is in receiving the Holy Spirit who notice. DWELLS IN US. hence the reason why, we, the JUST, must live by his "FAITH".

now, what is this "Hope?". scripture, Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is the substance of things _______ for, the evidence of things not seen." now fill in the blank..... BINGO.

Wow, 101G and Newbirth appear to be "twins."

Part of the issue with people and their works gospel, such as we see above, is the inability to discern what descriptive and prescriptive texts are.

1"Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain."

3"For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: 5And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: 6After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. 7After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. 8And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time." 1 Corinthians 15:1-8.
"For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God." 1 Corinthians 1:18

The book of Romans is an exhaustive Biblical description of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and of its application. It should be mined for more and more insight into its truths.

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek." Romans 1:18.

Wow, 101G and Newbirth appear to be "twins."

Part of the issue with people and their works gospel, such as we see above, is the inability to discern what descriptive and prescriptive texts are.
Instead of ridicule and mocking @101G why don’t you attempt from the Bible to show him how his argument is wrong . He makes some good points with belief , faith and hope using the Bible and defining those words .

Instead of ridicule and mocking @101G why don’t you attempt from the Bible to show him how his argument is wrong . He makes some good points with belief , faith and hope using the Bible and defining those words .

The reason why he objected so much is because then he couldn't sin his head off and still believe he is saved. After all, obedience is a "work."

1Co 15:3-4 WEB 3 ..............

that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,

Jesus died for our sin, buried, and rose from the dead on the 3rd day.
That is certainly part of it. But it is more that KNOWING that, because even the devil knows that much. What does the gospel of Christ DO to you?

That is certainly part of it. But it is more that KNOWING that, because even the devil knows that much. What does the gospel of Christ DO to you?

That's not the OP.
He asked what it is.
If you want to discuss what it does, then start a new OP.

For the time being,...

To me, personally?

I've come to believe that Jesus is exactly who he claims to be, and have agreed with Him, and am learning to follow Jesus.

So, go start your op, and let's see how it goes.

That's not the OP.
He asked what it is.
If you want to discuss what it does, then start a new OP.

For the time being,...

To me, personally?

I've come to believe that Jesus is exactly who he claims to be, and have agreed with Him, and am learning to follow Jesus.

So, go start your op, and let's see how it goes.
I see you are satisfied with your response. I'll leave you to work out your own salvation...

Good luck to you. You'll need it.

This question has been complicated by the thousands of different so-called Christian denominations, sub-denominations, and sects. It more difficult now than ever to learn what the gospel of Jesus Christ is via a "church" that mostly amounts to being a big cult.

However, for those who are diligently seeking, not using their itching ears as a compass for truth, nor are simply trusting what a preacher said to be true, the gospel can still be found in the Bible. One shouldn't simply believe everything they hear, in this day and age, especially with the state of what we now refer to as the church.

The chance of being confronted with the real gospel of Christ is probably less than 10%, if I wanted to be generous, whether on the Internet, at a church, or by a preacher.

The real gospel acts as a filter that sorts of serious seekers from the fair weather faithful. Those who put their hand to the plow and look back are unfit for the kingdom of God. It's as simple as that, but this message doesn't sell today. People don't want to come to church and be told they need to put their hand to the plow and scarcely will they open their purses and wallets for this truth. The gospel we usually hear today has been watered down and corrupted.

Last edited:
I see you are satisfied with your response. I'll leave you to work out your own salvation...

Good luck to you. You'll need it.
I don't need luck.
I have Jesus. Actually, more accurately, Jesus has me. According to Isaiah 49:16, he's engraved me on the palm of his hand. And according to Philippians 1:6, He's going to finish what he started in me.
And considering that in Psalm 138:2, He's honoring his Word above his name.

I see however that you offer nothing by which I can test your claims.

You see, according to Acts 17:11, I get to search the scriptures daily to see if what you're claiming is true or not.

And according to 1 Thessalonians 5:21-22, I get to test your claims against the bible to see if you're speaking the truth or lies.

As you've provided nothing but your own ideas, with nothing to back them up, I'm confident that Jesus has done, and is doing exactly what he says he will.

I encourage you to take the time to read the bible, pay attention, and then learn to obey it.

It'll save you a lot of heartache and trouble.

This question has been complicated by the thousands of different so-called Christian denominations, sub-denominations, and sects. It more difficult now than ever to learn what the gospel of Jesus Christ is via a "church" that mostly amounts to being a big cult.

However, for those who are diligently seeking, not using their itching ears as a compass for truth, nor are simply trusting what a preacher said to be true, the gospel can still be found in the Bible. One shouldn't simply believe everything they hear, in this day and age, especially with the state of what we now refer to as the church.

The chance of being confronted with the real gospel of Christ is probably less than 10%, if I wanted to be generous, whether on the Internet, at a church, or by a preacher.

The real gospel acts as a filter that sorts of serious seekers from the fair weather faithful. Those who put their hand to the plow and look back are unfit for the kingdom of God. It's as simple as that, but this message doesn't sell today. People don't want to come to church and be told they need to put their hand to the plow and scarcely will they open their purses and wallets for this truth. The gospel we usually hear today has been watered down and corrupted.
Wow....

So you don't actually know what the gospel is?

Have you ever read 1 Corinthians 15? Paul tells us exactly what the gospel is.

1 Corinthians 15:3-4 NKJV — For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,

That's it. In a nutshell.

Jesus died, according to the scriptures (old testament law, writings and prophets), was buried, and on the third day, rose again, according to the scriptures ( old testament law, writings, and prophets).

Wow....

1 Corinthians 15:3-4 NKJV — For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,

Jesus died, according to the scriptures (old testament law, writings and prophets), was buried, and on the third day, rose again, according to the scriptures ( old testament law, writings, and prophets).

Thanks for confirming my point, not that I thought I had to look very far.

Wow....

The good news is that Jesus died? Really that isn’t what he wanted.

He said he desires mercy, and not sacrifice, and repeatedly absolved peoples’ sins without the use of sacrifice because he was given authority to do so because he preferred mercy. Not only that, Jesus prayed to God that his cup would pass from him; it didn’t.

Your comment just shows how little you understand about who Jesus is, what he was accomplishing, and the gospel. Trying reading a lot more context.

Back