What is the gospel?

Carbon

First of all, the gospel is God centered, not man centered.
it’s not about you. The only thing about man in the gospel is man is the problem.

Humanists talk about the gospel as it’s man centered. I’ve heard some say, “look what Jesus suffered for you on the cross, a bloody sacrifice. Why? Because he loves you so much. Hear the humanism in this? It’s man centered.

The gospel is about God! Not man.
Think about the cost of redemption.
The gospel is about God the Father sending His son to the cross, pouring His wrath out His wrath on sin that is justly deserved by every human being. All the Father gave the son, the Fathers wrath was poured out on the son for, for their redemption. The gospel is cross centered.
And the cross isn’t to show man how much he is worthY but the severe cost of sin And that you (man) cannot even approach God With your filthy sin.

Man, you may not like it but the gospel isn’t about you.

Just as I thought no definition.

oops

And the cross isn’t to show man how much he is worthY ..
Strawman; who here has ever said they were worthy?

... And that you (man) cannot even approach God With your filthy sin.
Acts 17:26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
Acts 17:27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

Acts 17:26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
Acts 17:27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
Amen !

Lol. And there you go marking the gospel man centered.

Question. What is the gospel?

you don't know what it is otherwise you would of defined it as requested prior to posting this thread. Major failure once again.

oops

Suicide ~ by ReverendRV

1st Corinthians 13:2 NIV
; If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.

Have you ever felt like nothing; a ‘nobody’? These days so many things can get us down. There are bullies, bad marriages, rivals, etc; we can feel as if the whole world doesn’t want us. We long to be respected, appreciated and Wanted; we long to be loved. When I was younger I thought that I was the most unlovable person in the world. My self esteem was so low that I was terribly Introverted. This caused me to be emotionally crippled and I often couldn’t even handle a harsh word, minor criticism, or even a gentle fun poke at me. I took it as a judgment against me, and I perceived it as if I were Unacceptable. I never really considered Suicide; but Satan whispers…

The Daily News has reported that 1 in 6 teens have seriously considered Suicide, and 1 in 12 Teens have attempted Suicide. The Atlantic Wire reports that 18% more Veterans died from Suicide than from combat last year. The Suicide Prevention Resource Center estimated that between 30 and 40% of LGBT youth, depending on age and Genders, have attempted Suicide. Bloomberg said that because of the financial crisis, the annual Suicide rate of people 35 to 64 years old rose 28 percent from 1999 to 2010, more than any other age group. But the most common reason people have for committing Suicide is the thought that ‘no one loves me’…

I started going to Church and heard that God has given us the Ten Commandments to show us we are Sinners. I knew that I had Lied and that I had Stolen. I knew that I had committed Adultery by Lusting, and committed Murder by Hating. I was guilty of not loving the Lord God with all my Heart, Soul, Strength, Mind and Body. But I read in the Bible of how God could Love even one such as myself. As someone who thought he was the most unlovable person in the world, I was treating God the very same way that I felt; unlovable! There was a time I decided to follow Jesus Christ and trust him as my Savior from Sin, and make him my Lord. But the real freedom came a few months later when I realized that if Jesus has judged me as acceptable, then everyone else in my life was just a Critic; and you know what people say about Critics! This is when I became a new and free man! Find acceptance in Jesus Christ; the Lover of your Soul…

The Bible says Love does no harm; don’t harm yourself. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. If you don’t know where to find Love, then look to Jesus Christ; there is no greater Love than one man lay down his life so that another may live! ~ You KNOW that dying can fix your problems; but you don’t have to lay down your life to Rest in Peace. Jesus laid down his Life, so we can have Rest and Peace right now; without you having to leave this world to find it! Since you know giving up your Life can make a difference in your situation, also know that because he laid down his Life for YOU, it made a difference too; Death is satisfied! ~ For God so Loved the world he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish but have everlasting Life. We’re Saved by Grace through Faith in Jesus Christ, without Works lest we should Boast. Jesus Christ Atoned for our Sins by dying on a Bloody Cross. He was buried, but he arose from the dead, Conquering Death and the Grave. ~ Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and The ‘Life’; God is Love! Because He Lives, we shall Live also…

Psalm 17:7 NIV; Show me the wonders of your great love, you who save by your right hand those who take refuge in you from their foes.

an OP filled with conjecture, no scripture and no definition of the gospel. a major failure as expected.

oops

Jesus taught more on the Kingdom of God( the gospel- good news ) than any other topic or doctrine.
Jesus mentions the Kingdom over 100 times in the gospels. It is the most important thing Jesus taught during His earthly ministry. Here are just a few passages on the kingdom from the 4 gospels. The kingdom is like a multi-faceted diamond and the gospel is the core-center of that diamond. There are many facets to the kingdom but there is only one gospel that saves. Your response tells me you have not given the subject any serious thought.

Mark 1:14-15
Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of God, 15 and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.”

Matthew 24:14
And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

Luke 17:21
Nor will they say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or ‘There!’ for behold, the kingdom of God is in the midst of you.”

John 18:36
Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world; if it were, My servants would fight to prevent My arrest by the Jews. But now, My kingdom is not of this realm."

Romans 14:17 Paul declared that the kingdom of God is a matter “of righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.”

1-The kingdom of God is a spiritual kingdom !

2-Jesus declared that His kingdom was not of this world in John 18:36,

3-Jesus preached that repentance is necessary to be a part of the kingdom of God in Matthew 4:17

4-Jesus said to Nicodemus that the kingdom of God can be equated with salvation in John 3:5–7, where Jesus says the kingdom of God must be entered into by being born again in John 3:3- Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.

There is One God
There is One Lord
There is One Faith
There is One Baptism
There is One Jesus
There is only One way to God
There is One Savior

And there is One Gospel

Galatians 1:6
6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

So since there is only One God, One Savior, One way to God through Christ, One faith, One baptism and One Gospel- there is only one way to be saved.

Paul defines that Gospel by which we are saved below:

1 Corinthians 15:1-19
Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, 2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain.

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that He appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. 6 After that He appeared to more than five hundred brethren at one time, most of whom remain until now, but some have fallen asleep; 7 then He appeared to James, then to all the apostles; 8 and last of all, as to one untimely born, He appeared to me also. 9 For I am the least of the apostles, and not fit to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me did not prove vain; but I labored even more than all of them, yet not I, but the grace of God with me. 11 Whether then it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed.

12 Now if Christ is preached, that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13 But if there is no resurrection of the dead, not even Christ has been raised; 14 and if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is vain, your faith also is vain. 15 Moreover we are even found to be false witnesses of God, because we testified against God that He raised Christ, whom He did not raise, if in fact the dead are not raised. 16 For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised; 17 and if Christ has not been raised, your faith is worthless; you are still in your sins. 18 Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. 19 If we have hoped in Christ in this life only, we are of all men most to be pitied.

Only One way to be saved, by One Person, One Gospel and One Faith. In Him alone. Scripture is really very exclusive here but inclusive to all that come to Him freely!

Revelation 14:6
Then I saw another angel flying overhead, with the eternal gospel to proclaim to those who dwell on the earth—to every nation and tribe and tongue and people

Acts 4:12
And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

Jesus passed on the gospel to His Disciples. Its the same Gospel but Christ had not suffered, died, risen yet. The disciples didn't understand the Passion until after His Resurrection, they were in denial.

Before His Resurrection

Jesus replied, “You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand…. I am telling you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe that I am who I am.” — John 13:7,19

After he was raised from the dead, his disciples recalled what he had said. Then they believed the scripture and the words that Jesus had spoken. John 2:22

From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life. — Matthew 16:21

Now Jesus was going up to Jerusalem. On the way, he took the Twelve aside and said to them, “We are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man will be delivered over to the chief priests and the teachers of the law. They will condemn him to death and will hand him over to the Gentiles to be mocked and flogged and crucified. On the third day he will be raised to life!” — Matthew 20:17-19

After His Resurrection

He said to them, “How foolish you are, and how slow to believe all that the prophets have spoken! Did not the Messiah have to suffer these things and then enter his glory?” And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself. — Luke 24:25-27

He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.” Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures.Luke 24:44-45

hope this helps !!!

Seems pretty clear:

Galatians 3:8 Scripture foresaw that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, and announced the gospel in advance to Abraham: “All nations will be blessed through you.

Looking at what the angels spoke to Abraham in the passages where the angels announced the gospel (Gen. 12:3; 18:18; 22:18), God promises Abraham that he would give Abraham and his offspring land forever, and a seed which Paul explains is Christ. As Paul explains in the passage, if in you are in Christ, you are also Abraham's seed and heirs according to those promises.

This is consistent with the opening of the gospels, which are about Jesus Christ (Mark 1:1, i.e. the seed) and the Kingdom (Mark 1:14-15 i.e. the land).

Question. What is the gospel?
Rapture ready - by ReverendRV

Joshua 6:20 NASB
; So the people shouted, and priests blew the trumpets; and when the people heard the sound of the trumpet, the people shouted with a great shout and the wall fell down flat, so that the people went up into the city, every man straight ahead, and they took the city.

God delivered Israel from slavery while in Egypt, and promised the people a Land for themselves. God made them mighty and fear spread to all people who were in their way. One such place was Jericho, a city that trusted in their walls to keep them safe. God told Joshua to walk around the city six days and on the seventh day to do it seven times; then the Priests would blow trumpets and all the people would shout! When this was done, the walls of Jericho fell down and the people entered the city. ~ Rahab the Harlot previously made a Treaty with Israel by hiding two of their Spies. She hung a scarlet thread out her window at the time of the attack so she could be saved. Jericho’s Ruins were found, and it was just what we expected to find; a section of the Wall still existed...

If the Bible’s inspired, we can always expect to find the Truth. ~ Have you ever had a god other than the God of the Bible? This was true of those living in Jericho. Have you ever thought of God as something Unreal? Then you’ve made a god to suit yourself; this is Idolatry. Have you ever used the name of God as a vile cuss word? This is called Blasphemy; if there is a God, could any wall keep you safe from him? Did you go to Church this week? You haven’t kept the Sabbath Holy. These are just four of the Ten Commandments, not including Lying and stealing which we all have done. Now we’ve walked around your walls six times, are you ready for a seventh? If God judged you by his standards, would you be innocent or guilty? Will you go to Heaven or to Hell? Does this bother you?? When the trumpets blow, you’ll fall with a shout...

You need a strong tower to take refuge in! ~ For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting Life. Jesus is the Spotless lamb of God who takes away the Sin of the world. He’s the only person who deserves to go to Heaven on his own Merit, but he won't go alone; he trades his Righteousness with all who will dare hang their scarlet thread for him to see. He died on a Cross to pay for Sins, shed his scarlet blood for the Remission of Sins and to turn the Wrath of God away from us. He died, was buried three days but arose to new Life! We’re Saved by the Grace of God through Faith in the Resurrected Savior Jesus Christ, without our ever Working to be rescued. Repent of your Sin, Confess Jesus Christ as your Lord God and join a Bible believing Church that has a heart for the Lost. ~ The Bible teaches about the end of the world but before this happens the Rapture will occur; but what’s that? It’s when Jesus will return for his Church with a trumpet blast, with the voice of an Archangel, and we’ll rise to be with him forever. When the last trump blows it’s too late…

1st Thessalonians 4:16 NASB; For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.

an OP filled with conjecture, no scripture and no definition of the gospel. a major failure as expected.

oops

Jesus taught more on the Kingdom of God( the gospel- good news ) than any other topic or doctrine.
Jesus mentions the Kingdom over 100 times in the gospels. It is the most important thing Jesus taught during His earthly ministry. Here are just a few passages on the kingdom from the 4 gospels. The kingdom is like a multi-faceted diamond and the gospel is the core-center of that diamond. There are many facets to the kingdom but there is only one gospel that saves. Your response tells me you have not given the subject any serious thought.

Mark 1:14-15
Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of God, 15 and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.”

Matthew 24:14
And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

Luke 17:21
Nor will they say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or ‘There!’ for behold, the kingdom of God is in the midst of you.”

John 18:36
Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world; if it were, My servants would fight to prevent My arrest by the Jews. But now, My kingdom is not of this realm."

Romans 14:17 Paul declared that the kingdom of God is a matter “of righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.”

1-The kingdom of God is a spiritual kingdom !

2-Jesus declared that His kingdom was not of this world in John 18:36,

3-Jesus preached that repentance is necessary to be a part of the kingdom of God in Matthew 4:17

4-Jesus said to Nicodemus that the kingdom of God can be equated with salvation in John 3:5–7, where Jesus says the kingdom of God must be entered into by being born again in John 3:3- Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.

There is One God
There is One Lord
There is One Faith
There is One Baptism
There is One Jesus
There is only One way to God
There is One Savior

And there is One Gospel

Galatians 1:6
6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

So since there is only One God, One Savior, One way to God through Christ, One faith, One baptism and One Gospel- there is only one way to be saved.

Paul defines that Gospel by which we are saved below:

1 Corinthians 15:1-19
Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, 2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain.

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that He appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. 6 After that He appeared to more than five hundred brethren at one time, most of whom remain until now, but some have fallen asleep; 7 then He appeared to James, then to all the apostles; 8 and last of all, as to one untimely born, He appeared to me also. 9 For I am the least of the apostles, and not fit to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me did not prove vain; but I labored even more than all of them, yet not I, but the grace of God with me. 11 Whether then it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed.

12 Now if Christ is preached, that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13 But if there is no resurrection of the dead, not even Christ has been raised; 14 and if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is vain, your faith also is vain. 15 Moreover we are even found to be false witnesses of God, because we testified against God that He raised Christ, whom He did not raise, if in fact the dead are not raised. 16 For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised; 17 and if Christ has not been raised, your faith is worthless; you are still in your sins. 18 Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. 19 If we have hoped in Christ in this life only, we are of all men most to be pitied.

Only One way to be saved, by One Person, One Gospel and One Faith. In Him alone. Scripture is really very exclusive here but inclusive to all that come to Him freely!

Revelation 14:6
Then I saw another angel flying overhead, with the eternal gospel to proclaim to those who dwell on the earth—to every nation and tribe and tongue and people

Acts 4:12
And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

Jesus passed on the gospel to His Disciples. Its the same Gospel but Christ had not suffered, died, risen yet. The disciples didn't understand the Passion until after His Resurrection, they were in denial.

Before His Resurrection

Jesus replied, “You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand…. I am telling you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe that I am who I am.” — John 13:7,19

After he was raised from the dead, his disciples recalled what he had said. Then they believed the scripture and the words that Jesus had spoken. John 2:22

From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life. — Matthew 16:21

Now Jesus was going up to Jerusalem. On the way, he took the Twelve aside and said to them, “We are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man will be delivered over to the chief priests and the teachers of the law. They will condemn him to death and will hand him over to the Gentiles to be mocked and flogged and crucified. On the third day he will be raised to life!” — Matthew 20:17-19

After His Resurrection

He said to them, “How foolish you are, and how slow to believe all that the prophets have spoken! Did not the Messiah have to suffer these things and then enter his glory?” And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself. — Luke 24:25-27

He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.” Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures.Luke 24:44-45

hope this helps !!!
Relax buddy. There’s plenty of time. More scripture? Your getting there. Just leave out the man centered things buddy.
I’ll be back 🙂

@Chalcedon
Just keep in mind as we move forward. The gospel isn’t about you (man) it isn't anout God loves you and had a wonderful plan for your life. The gospel is about God.

The term gospel is found ninety-nine times in the NASB and ninety-two times in the NET Bible. In the Greek New Testament, gospel is the translation of the Greek noun euangelion (occurring 76 times) “good news,” and the verb euangelizo (occurring 54 times), meaning “to bring or announce good news.” Both words are derived from the noun angelos, “messenger.” In classical Greek, an euangelos was one who brought a message of victory or other political or personal news that caused joy. In addition, euangelizomai (the middle voice form of the verb) meant “to speak as a messenger of gladness, to proclaim good news.”1 Further, the noun euangelion became a technical term for the message of victory, though it was also used for a political or private message that brought joy.2

That both the noun and the verb are used so extensively in the New Testament demonstrate how it developed a distinctly Christian use and emphasis because of the glorious news announced to mankind of salvation and victory over sin and death that God offers to all people through the person and accomplished work of Jesus Christ on the cross as proven by His resurrection, ascension, and session at God’s right hand. In the New Testament these two words, euangelion and euangelizo, became technical terms for this message of good news offered to all men through faith in Christ.https://bible.org/article/what-gospel

hope this helps !!!

The term gospel is found ninety-nine times in the NASB and ninety-two times in the NET Bible. In the Greek New Testament, gospel is the translation of the Greek noun euangelion (occurring 76 times) “good news,” and the verb euangelizo (occurring 54 times), meaning “to bring or announce good news.” Both words are derived from the noun angelos, “messenger.” In classical Greek, an euangelos was one who brought a message of victory or other political or personal news that caused joy. In addition, euangelizomai (the middle voice form of the verb) meant “to speak as a messenger of gladness, to proclaim good news.”1 Further, the noun euangelion became a technical term for the message of victory, though it was also used for a political or private message that brought joy.2

That both the noun and the verb are used so extensively in the New Testament demonstrate how it developed a distinctly Christian use and emphasis because of the glorious news announced to mankind of salvation and victory over sin and death that God offers to all people through the person and accomplished work of Jesus Christ on the cross as proven by His resurrection, ascension, and session at God’s right hand. In the New Testament these two words, euangelion and euangelizo, became technical terms for this message of good news offered to all men through faith in Christ.https://bible.org/article/what-gospel

hope this helps !!!
You can’t tell me what the gospel is? After 40 years you still have to use cut and paste from others?

Oops

Ooops ......
yes a giant oops . I posted several of my own material and posts then added one from bible.org confirming what I said and all I get are ther usual empty ad hominems. the good thing is my posts are for the lurkers and those seeking truth, not for the closed minded.

Reactions: Joe
First of all, the gospel is God centered, not man centered.
No problem here.
it’s not about you.
Problem here. If the Gospel is not about man then why is man the object of redemption by the sacrifice of God's Son? Seems like a mighty huge outpouring of God's love for man. So, yeah, the Gospel message is about God's redemption of man because He loves us.
The only thing about man in the gospel is man is the problem.
Oh, so you think man is the problem. Perhaps you should know that Jesus came to destroy the works of the devil. You know, the one who caused sin and death. My bible clearly portrays Satan as the problem, and the remedy being the lake of fire that was designed specifically for him and the angels who followed him.

So, sin and Satan are the problems, and both were taken care of by Jesus' death and resurrection. But for man, we receive forgiveness of sin and eternal life. So clearly Satan is the problem in God's eyes.
Humanists talk about the gospel as it’s man centered. I’ve heard some say, “look what Jesus suffered for you on the cross, a bloody sacrifice. Why? Because he loves you so much. Hear the humanism in this? It’s man centered.
Oh, so are you saying Jesus suffered and died because God hates man? Jesus tasted death for everyone. And Jesus is the propitiation for the whole world. For God so loved some of the world...nope, He loved the world, and John clearly tells us in 1 Jn 2:2 just who this world encompasses...the whole of man.
The gospel is about God! Not man.
It's about both God and man! Jesus did become a man and is still a man...you know this right? Clearly it is about God's love for mankind.
Think about the cost of redemption.
The gospel is about God the Father sending His son to the cross, pouring His wrath out His wrath on sin that is justly deserved by every human being.
Wrong. Jesus never suffered wrath, nor was He ever punished. It is nowhere in the bible and not taught by Jesus nor His Apostles. But what was taught is that God loved us so much that He provided the sacrifice that would atone for our sin and reconcile us to Himself.

"Therefore, as one trespass led to condemnation for all men, so one act of righteousness leads to justification and life for all men. For as by the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, so by the one man's obedience the many will be made righteous." (Rom 5:18-19)

The Lord's Apostle, Paul explained how are sins were atoned; by the single act of Jesus obeying His Father's will to suffer and die as our sin offering, and that is how Jesus made atonement for our sins.

Jesus was not His Father's punching bag just so God could get over our sins.

All the Father gave the son, the Fathers wrath was poured out on the son for, for their redemption. The gospel is cross centered.
Wrong. No wrath ever mentioned in the bible being poured out By God on His Son. It is an invention of man. Simple enough to disprove it is to show in the bible contextually that God poured out His wrath on Jesus. The Apostles never spoke of it Jesus never spoke of it. The prophets never spoke of it.

But certain men spoke of it and now here we are in Western Christianity calling Jesus blasphemous names such as "sin incarnate, loathsome, obscene, grotesque, a mass of sin and not only cursed by God but became a literal curse and thus was cut off by God and cast into outer darkness."...RC Sproul's quote.
And the cross isn’t to show man how much he is worthY but the severe cost of sin And that you (man) cannot even approach God With your filthy sin.
Ok, most of this I agree, but man did approach God after sinning and being cast out of the garden. And Jesus most certainly ate with sinners and walked and talked to masses of sinners. And if a sinner cannot approach God then how can he be saved?...The sinner must approach God for forgiveness. So, the God cannot be around sin is a myth.
Man, you may not like it but the gospel isn’t about you.
Again, It's about both God and man! Jesus did become a man and is still a man. Clearly it is about God's love for mankind.

I've only replied so lurkers can understand there is man's invention named, Penal Substitute Atonement whereby God pours wrath out on His Son and His Son is called blasphemous names by some of the ones who call out to Him, and then there is a biblical alternative whereby God sent His Son into this world to put an end to sin, death, and judgment, and reconcile us to God, and bringing us everlasting righteousness all because He obeyed His Father to humble Himself and suffer and die as our sin offering that purifies us of sin.

God bless

Last edited:
Back