What is the name of the son per Matt 28:19?

No, but you treat it like it is magic. How do I know? You claim if you don't say the words "in the name of Jesus", then no miracle, but if you say the words "in the name of Jesus", then you get a miracle. That's treating the words "in the name of Jesus" like a magical phrase, and there is no way to deny this fact.

FYI, Peter never teated the phrase "in the name of Jesus" like a magical phrase. He simply let people know who was the source of this power.

No, the Jews forbade Peter from speaking his name because they didn't want more people following this new sect of Judaism.

You're the one playing with magic like a pagan. Don't ask me these questions, ask yourself.

God Bless

Last edited by a moderator:

Col 3:17 Whatever you do in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father.

We are instructed to do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus. Do you repeat this formula before every word or thing you do?

We should not go beyond what is written.

1Co 4:6 Now these things, brothers and sisters, I have figuratively applied to myself and Apollos on your account, so that in us you may learn not to exceed what is written, so that no one of you will become arrogant in behalf of one against the other.

Adding a view that is not in the verse is not good practice and will lead you away from the truth.

Correct, so stop treating it like a magic command.

The nonsense one speaks when they know they are wrong and are left with nothing else to say.

Of course, the Son's human name is Jesus. How is that relevant to refuting the fact that Jesus has mutiple names: Might God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace, the Alpha and Omega, Jesus, YHWH etc. etc. etc.?

God Bless

You accuse me of stuff I don't say because you are a pagan who likes to treat God like a genie, and you don't like me pointing out the truth. FYI, saying Jesus' name does not remit sins. Jesus remitted sins on the cross. These are God's actions, not yours. How dare you think God needs you to speak words as to save people. "If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." Romans 10:9; not, if you get someone to say the right words at your baptism, then you will be saved.

God Bless

No, you are the pagan; they are not. They are not so foolish as to think they are saving themselves by their actions.

Oh, you mean men like John and Paul are Acts skippers. Glad to see I'm in good company. I wonder why they woundn't shut up about Faith saving if its by specific words spoken during a baptism. Let's look at a few:
1) John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave his only Son, that​
whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.”​
2) Romans 1: 16-17, “For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the​
power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and​
also to the Greek. For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith​
for faith as it is written, “The righteous shall live by faith.”​
3) Romans 3:22, “the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for​
all who believe. For there is no distinction”​
4) Romans 3:24, “and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the​
redemption that is in Christ Jesus”​
5) Romans 3:26, “It was to show his righteousness at the present time, so​
that he might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.”​
6) Romans 3:28-30, “For we hold that one is justified by faith apart from​
works of the law. Or is God the God of Jews only? Is he not the God of​
Gentiles also? Yes, of Gentiles also, since God is one—who will justify the​
circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith.”​
7) Romans 4:3, “For what does the Scripture say? ‘Abraham believed God,​
and it was counted to him as righteousness.’”​
8) Romans 4:5, “And to the one who does not work but believes in Him who​
justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness”​
9) Romans 4:11, “He received the sign of circumcision as a seal of the​
righteousness that he had by faith while he was still uncircumcised. The​
purpose was to make Him the father of all who believes without being​
circumcised so that righteousness would be counted to them as well”​
10) Romans 4:16, “That is why it depends on faith, in order that the promise​
may rest on grace and be guaranteed to all his offspring—not only to the​
adherent of the law but also to the one who shares the faith of​
Abraham, who is the father of us all.​
11) Romans 5:1, “Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have​
peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.”​
12) Romans 5:9, “Since, therefore, we have now been justified by His blood,​
much more shall we be saved by Him from the wrath of God.”​
13) Romans 9:30, “What shall we say, then? That Gentiles who did not​
pursue righteousness have attained it, that is, a righteousness that is by​
faith”​
14) Romans 9:33, “as it is written, ‘Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone of​
stumbling, and a rock of offense; and whoever believes in Him will not​
be put to shame.’”​
15) Romans 10:4, “For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to​
everyone who believes.”​
16) Romans 10:9-10, “because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is​
Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will​
be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the​
mouth one confesses and is saved.​
17) Romans 11:6, “But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works;​
otherwise, grace would no longer be grace.”​
18) Galatians 2:16, “yet we know that a person is not justified by works of​
the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ​
Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the​
law, because by works of the law no one will be justified.”​
19) Galatians 2:21, “I do not nullify the grace of God, for if​
righteousness was through the law, then Christ died for no purpose.”​
20) Galatians 3:5-6, “Does he who supplies the Spirit to you and works​
miracles among you do so by works of the law, or by hearing with faith—just​
as Abraham ‘believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness’​
21) Galatians 3:8, “And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the​
Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, “In​
you shall all the nations be blessed.”​
22) Galatians 3:14, “so that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham​
might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promised​
Spirit through faith.​
23) Galatians 3:22, “But the Scripture imprisoned everything under sin, so​
that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who​
believe.”​
24) Galatians 3:24, “So then, the law was our guardian until Christ came, in​
order that we might be justified by faith.”​
25) Ephesians 1:13, “In Him you also, when you heard the word of truth,​
the gospel of your salvation, and believed in Him, were sealed with​
the promised Holy Spirit”​
26) Ephesians 2:8, “For by grace you have been saved through faith. And​
this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God”​
27) Philippians 3:9, “and be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my​
own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ,​
the righteousness from God that depends on faith”​
28) 1 Timothy 1:16, “But I received mercy for this reason, that in me, as the​
foremost, Jesus Christ might display His perfect patience as an example to​
those who were to believe in Him for eternal life”​

If your pet interpretation of Acts 2:38 contradicts so many passages maybe, just maybe, your interpretation is incorrect. FYI, I could keep going.

Wow, you think Paul wrote Romans as to get people to skip Acts 2:38? How can anyone think this is the case?

Order in the NT? Look at John 3:15-16; 5:24; 6:40, 47, 54 etc. Jesus taught this, John taught this, Paul taught this. Either Peter just got his theology all mixed up in Acts 2:38, or
YOU ARE INTERPRETING IT INCORRECTLY!!!

God Bless

PS: Your Romans is only written for saints game is utter silliness. In truth, Acts was only written for Theophilus; so, who are you to take his personal letter and create your own religion from it as to accuse us Christians of stealing Romans? Secondly, all these passages in Romans and the like are written as to explain how these saints became saints. Therefore, if you think you're a saint, you still have to deal with them as to give a reason for the hope that you have. Why does Paul teach Romans 10:9-10 and Ephesians 2:8-10 if it's by baptism and specific words spoken? Why would Jesus say those who believe already have eternal life over and over and over again if it's by baptism and specific words spoken?

PPS: Romans was written to the Church at Rome as a primer on the gospel that it might be taught to unbelievers as to lead some to conversation.

John and Paul believed and taught what they wrote in Scripture. We baptists simply believe and obey what was taught in Scripture. We don't just run with one verse and ignore the rest of Scripture, like you do.

You are the one accusing Paul and John of skipping acts. It's no skin off my back that you say weird things.

God Bless

Then, why did he teach "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them." Ephesians 2:8-10? Paul clearly didn't believe saying certain words during baptism were necessary to be saved.

Isn't it interesting, you only hear of baptizing in the name of Jesus in Acts? It's almost like this phrase is particular to Luke. Maybe, you shouldn't submit all of Scripture to your interpretation of Acts.

Yes, those people were not baptized as Christians at all. They had the baptism of John the Baptist. How does any of this prove that "baptizing in the name of Jesus" is different from "baptizing in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit"? How is one skipping Acts 2:38 if the baptizer says "in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit"?

FYI, you're not a pagan for believing one should say "in the name of Jesus". You a pagan for thinking God would only save someone if the right words are spoken.

God Bless

Why are you still assuming your assessment of Acts 2:38 is correct? You are the one contradicting Paul via you understanding of Acts. Paul didn't contradict himself. Your understanding of Paul in Acts contradicts what Paul said in Ephesians 2. Get off your high horse, and stop denying 2/3 of the NT.

That's not what Romans says.

No, I think you are misinterpreting Acts 19.

No, I think the epistles were written to Christians as to teach them what non-Christians need to do to be saved.

All these years later, and you entire theology is based upon misinterpreting one verse.

God Bless

Insults removed.

For some reason, Truther thinks making up fables is a meaningful argument. Nothing in Acts 2:38 says saying certain words are necessary for Salvation. You are the one contradicting Paul via you understanding of Acts.

God Bless

Insults removed.

For some reason, Truther thinks making up fables is a meaningful argument. Nothing in Acts 2:38 says saying certain words are necessary for Salvation. You are the one contradicting Paul via your understanding of Acts.

God Bless

Back