What is the name of the son per Matt 28:19?

Another meaningless response. Why respond if this is all you can muster? Peter did not say or mean "Say Jesus" while baptizing. Too bad that all you get from reading Scripture.

God Bless
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins...

16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)...

48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord....

5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus....

What we have here is a failure to communicate.

So, with that said, Acts 2:38, Acts 8, Acts 10 and Acts 19 are invalid by saying "baptized in the name of Jesus"?

Or, did these baptizers know that the name of the.... son .....is Jesus?

I bet on the latter.
The Son's name is Jesus. But I'm just saying that it's the inclusion of the thought of the name of the Father, and the Son and the Holy that makes it count or it's not valid baptism.

I hear Trins baptize in Jesus name much of the time but if they are Oneness then it is not valid. My wife was Oneness but when she became Trinitarian had to be baptized again in a Trinitarian church.

The Son's name is Jesus. But I'm just saying that it's the inclusion of the thought of the name of the Father, and the Son and the Holy that makes it count or it's not valid baptism.

I hear Trins baptize in Jesus name much of the time but if they are Oneness then it is not valid. My wife was Oneness but when she became Trinitarian had to be baptized again in a Trinitarian church.
I can understand how Oneness can be abandoned but Acts 2:38 abandoned?

I am disappointed in her doing that.

We are supposed to baptize and be baptized in the name of the son, "Jesus", not in the titles of the son, "son".

There are about 3 billion folks with the titles, Father/son on the planet today.

Your wife took their titles too upon having their titles invoked over her.

Thank God she was originally baptized in the name of Jesus Christ, so you should too, to get remission of sins and be in heaven together.

It doesn't matter about the other doctrinal stuff so much, as far as I am concerned.

I can understand how Oneness can be abandoned but Acts 2:38 abandoned?

I am disappointed in her doing that.

We are supposed to baptize and be baptized in the name of the son, "Jesus", not in the titles of the son, "son".

There are about 3 billion folks with the titles, Father/son on the planet today.

Your wife took their titles too upon having their titles invoked over her.

Thank God she was originally baptized in the name of Jesus Christ, so you should too, to get remission of sins and be in heaven together.

It doesn't matter about the other doctrinal stuff so much, as far as I am concerned.

Acts 2:38 was not abandoned. But I'm saying when we get baptized in just Jesus' name we need at least to believe in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Otherwise the baptism is invalid.

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins...

16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)...

48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord....

5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus....

What we have here is a failure to communicate.

Why respond if this is all you can muster? Peter did not say or mean "Say Jesus" while baptizing. Too bad that's all you get from reading Scripture.

God Bless

Acts 2:38 was not abandoned. But I'm saying when we get baptized in just Jesus' name we need at least to believe in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Otherwise the baptism is invalid.
The power to remit sins was not in your understanding of what you think the Godhead consists of, but solely in the power of the name of Jesus while in the water to remit your sins.

Godhead instruction is not a prerequisite of baptism.

I am glad you and your wife are baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins.

With that said, we will meet in heaven soon.

Why respond if this is all you can muster? Peter did not say or mean "Say Jesus" while baptizing. Too bad that's all you get from reading Scripture.

God Bless
Okay, have it your way....

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you WITHOUT SAYING in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins...

16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized WITHOUT SAYING in the name of the Lord Jesus.)...

48 And he commanded them to be baptized WITHOUT SAYING in the name of the Lord....

5 When they heard this, they were baptized WITHOUT SAYING in the name of the Lord Jesus....

Okay, have it your way....

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you WITHOUT SAYING in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins...

16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized WITHOUT SAYING in the name of the Lord Jesus.)...

48 And he commanded them to be baptized WITHOUT SAYING in the name of the Lord....

5 When they heard this, they were baptized WITHOUT SAYING in the name of the Lord Jesus....

This is your response? Accuse me of changing Scripture when the text doesn't teach one must say certain words in order to save the one getting baptized? Peter did not say or mean "Say Jesus" while baptizing. Too bad that's all you get from reading Scripture.

God Bless

This is your response? Accuse me of changing Scripture when the text doesn't teach one must say certain words in order to save the one getting baptized? Peter did not say or mean "Say Jesus" while baptizing. Too bad that's all you get from reading Scripture.

God Bless
I accuse you of doing whatever it takes to not say the name of Jesus when baptizing.

If the shoe fits, wear it.

To some, the name makes them cringe during baptisms, to others, it gives excitement.

It's a free country.

I accuse you of doing whatever it takes to not say the name of Jesus when baptizing.

In other words, you are admitting to bearing false witness. Good to know.

If the shoe fits, wear it.
To some, the name makes them cringe during baptisms, to others, it gives excitement.
It's a free country.

Yes, you are free to bear false witness against me. I am not because I follow Jesus Christ; you know person whose name you like to speak whom you refuse to follow.

Peter did not say or mean "Say Jesus" while baptizing. Too bad that's all you get from reading Scripture.

God Bless

In other words, you are admitting to bearing false witness. Good to know.

Yes, you are free to bear false witness against me. I am not because I follow Jesus Christ; you know person whose name you like to speak whom you refuse to follow.

Peter did not say or mean "Say Jesus" while baptizing. Too bad that's all you get from reading Scripture.

God Bless
See, you are doing it again...saying baptism in the name of Jesus not in the name of Jesus.

And yet, Peter did not say or mean "Say Jesus" while baptizing. That's not what those words in that order mean.

God Bless
Funny, he healed the lame man in the name of Jesus in the following chapter and the pharisees acknowledged that the name was spoken.

But, they baptized in the name of Jesus in Acts and the Baptist says the name of Jesus was not spoken.

Hahaha.

CARM says the name of the son is "son"?

Does that theology come from their Bible college?

Folks pay for that instruction?
Unique/one of a kind Son of God is Jesus. Just like Oneness Pentecostals, you are so wrapped up in formulas and water salvation that you miss the big picture.

Unique/one of a kind Son of God is Jesus. Just like Oneness Pentecostals, you are so wrapped up in formulas and water salvation that you miss the big picture.
I thought the big picture was identifying the name of the son as Jesus.

Jesus said in the great commission to teach, then baptize in the name of the ....son...

Over a billion people today don't know what the name of the son is.

It is the great mystery given to us by the RCC(great whore of Rev).

I thought the big picture was identifying the name of the son as Jesus.

Jesus said in the great commission to teach, then baptize in the name of the ....son...

Over a billion people today don't know what the name of the son is.

It is the great mystery given to us by the RCC(great whore of Rev).
Genuine believers know who the unique/one of a kind Son of God is and it’s Jesus Christ. It’s really simple. If you want to reject the words of Christ in Matthew 28:19 then that’s your decision. As for me I accept His words in Matthew 28:19.

Back