What is the need for the RC leaders outfits

balshan

The RC leaders from the pope down to the lowest priests wear elaborate outfits. WHY? God is not impressed by stunning outfits, He is more interested in the heart. I mean the colours can represent a feast or festival but also their place in their hierarchical system.

It doesn't impress Jesus.

Matt 23
5All their deeds are done for men to see. They broaden their phylacteries and lengthen their tassels. 6They love the places of honor at banquets, the chief seats in the synagogues, 7the greetings in the marketplaces, and the title of ‘Rabbi’ by which they are addressed

Colours worn:

red/scarlet - cardinals
purple - monsignor
green/magneta (type of purple but more magneta) - bishops

Then there are the hats worn:
zucchetto, miter, biretta

These hats can show rank, there is no being equal in the RCC

Biretta reveal rank from hat guides UK
  • Cardinal = No pom
  • Bishop = Purple pom
  • Priest appointed as Prelates = Black with red pom
  • Diocesan Priests = Black with optional black pom

Famous wearers of the Biretta

• Cardinals
  • Bishops
  • Priests
  • Deacons
Why the need for all this finery and display of outfits, it reminds me of a peacock?

The RC leaders from the pope down to the lowest priests wear elaborate outfits. WHY? God is not impressed by stunning outfits, He is more interested in the heart. I mean the colours can represent a feast or festival but also their place in their hierarchical system.

Matt 23
5All their deeds are done for men to see. They broaden their phylacteries and lengthen their tassels. 6They love the places of honor at banquets, the chief seats in the synagogues, 7the greetings in the marketplaces, and the title of ‘Rabbi’ by which they are addressed

Colours worn:

red/scarlet - cardinals
purple - monsignor

• Cardinal = No pom
  • Bishop = Purple pom

• Cardinals
  • Bishops
  • Priests
  • Deacons
Why the need for all this finery and display of outfits, it reminds me of a peacock?
TRADITION!!! All that finery has Traditional meanings in the theology of their religious system. It's all Spiritually MEANINGLESS, and they're just old men parading around in dresses and funny hats..

For only one reason: to strut and demonstrate to everyone else how superior to others they think they are.
They cannot see it goes against what believers are meant to be. They have their leaders on pedestals and yet Jesus is clear we are equal, no one is above the other, no one is better than the other. If we lead, we are to serve. Yet we are all the Lord's servants.

Same answer - "TRADITION". Nothing of Spiritual value.
Oh, I see, somehow this is different? Do you know about the sickening wealth so many of these Ncc Pastors have gotten themselves? The big homes, the expensive cars, the $1000.00 suits under the robes they wear? None of you are in any place to throw stones.

They cannot see it goes against what believers are meant to be. They have their leaders on pedestals and yet Jesus is clear we are equal, no one is above the other, no one is better than the other. If we lead, we are to serve. Yet we are all the Lord's servants.
Protestant clergymen wear robes all the time.

Matt 23

Colours worn:

red/scarlet - cardinals
purple - monsignor

• Cardinal = No pom
  • Bishop = Purple pom

• Cardinals
  • Bishops
  • Priests
  • Deacons

They are stuck in the o.t.. They are modern day Pharisees. Look at me. They have their reward.

Guess where they got the costume thing from...
See, you folks can't even agree with someone from your side of the street

Who says we are all supposed to agree on everything?

One billion disagreeing and bickering Roman Catholics sure don't.

I know of no one that insists the Apostles devised special costumes to wear to differentiate themselves from other believers. I know of no one that insists the Apostles taught any of the churches they planted to do that either.

So much for that.

Utterly self absorbed.

"they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments"

They demand to be addressed by various self aggrandizing titles, and expect those they believe to be beneath them to grovel even to the bowing and kissing of hands.

Roman Catholics LOVE that stuff.
I've seen that with my own two eyes. You have to wonder what people who do that think these priests are? It perpetuates the lie that they are special, better than the rest.

I know of no one that insists the Apostles devised special costumes to wear to differentiate themselves from other believers. I know of no one that insists the Apostles taught any of the churches they planted to do that either.
The Apostles handed the Christian Church over to their successors and they are called Bishops. Those Bishops then took this church into the future and made certain decisions along the way, and the time has come to accept the reality of Christianity and everything that has happened along the way. Luther and his cohorts were not even born, and these Bishops were making critical decisions about the faith.

I've seen that with my own two eyes. You have to wonder what people who do that think these priests are? It perpetuates the lie that they are special, better than the rest.
Like all the other Protestant ministers who strut around all dandied up?

The Apostles handed the Christian Church over to their successors and they are called Bishops. Those Bishops then took this church into the future and made certain decisions along the way

Hahahahahahahahaha!

"Certain decisions" to ignore and reject the model of behavior the Apostles handed down.

Of course they did! You Catholics lap it up!

Back