What is the need for the RC leaders outfits

This is where you admit it is wrong....but do not have the courage to walk out your own stated convictions.
I have no problem with robes or any vestments on any clergyman. I was simply pointing out the hypocrisy with my comment.

The RC leaders from the pope down to the lowest priests wear elaborate outfits. WHY? God is not impressed by stunning outfits, He is more interested in the heart. I mean the colours can represent a feast or festival but also their place in their hierarchical system.

It doesn't impress Jesus.

Matt 23
5All their deeds are done for men to see. They broaden their phylacteries and lengthen their tassels. 6They love the places of honor at banquets, the chief seats in the synagogues, 7the greetings in the marketplaces, and the title of ‘Rabbi’ by which they are addressed

Colours worn:

red/scarlet - cardinals
purple - monsignor
green/magneta (type of purple but more magneta) - bishops

Then there are the hats worn:
zucchetto, miter, biretta

These hats can show rank, there is no being equal in the RCC

Biretta reveal rank from hat guides UK
  • Cardinal = No pom
  • Bishop = Purple pom
  • Priest appointed as Prelates = Black with red pom
  • Diocesan Priests = Black with optional black pom

Famous wearers of the Biretta

• Cardinals
  • Bishops
  • Priests
  • Deacons
Why the need for all this finery and display of outfits, it reminds me of a peacock?
They are just dressing as the real Apostles chosen by Christ did as they were being martyred for sharing the Gospel.

Which Apostle was it that first had a special costume sewed up for himself?
Why are Ncc clergy wearing robes or vestments? I guess they like the Catholic clergy missed the memo from the Apostles about the issue as well.

Which Apostle was it that first had a special costume sewed up for himself?
Why are Ncc clergy wearing robes or vestments?

Some like feeling extra religiousy like Roman Catholics.

I guess they like the Catholic clergy missed the memo from the Apostles about the issue as well.

So you don't know who the first Apostle is was that stitched up a dress for himself to get more attention.

That memo must be one of those many secret Roman Catholic memos that your Masters have that can only be deciphered by their super duper decoder rings. LOL.

I've never seen anyone bow to my pastor, kneel or kiss his ring. You?

Funny, because my church leaders prefer "Mike" or "Mark"....while Catholic church leaders prefer "Your Eminence!"

We can tell a lot about people just from that alone. Catholics know it, but they lap it up. Following the Apostles is not nearly as fun to a Roman Catholic as their invented ReligianityTM.

The Apostles handed the Christian Church over to their successors and they are called Bishops. Those Bishops then took this church into the future and made certain decisions along the way, and the time has come to accept the reality of Christianity and everything that has happened along the way. Luther and his cohorts were not even born, and these Bishops were making critical decisions about the faith.
So the apostles handed the church over to men who would wallow in sexual sin, harm the sheep, teach false doctrines, go against scripture - blessing same sex couples, ignore scriptures like 1 Cor 5:11, James 4:17, become part of the sin of others by not doing what is right, condone murder, torture, inquisitions, follow man and not Jesus.

Please provide evidence for that false claim, Go to the Lutherian board if you want to discuss Luther. You could even start a thread on him.

Utterly self absorbed.

"they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments"

They demand to be addressed by various self aggrandizing titles, and expect those they believe to be beneath them to grovel even to the bowing and kissing of hands.

Roman Catholics LOVE that stuff.
Yep don't forget the hitting of the face during confirmation.

I have no problem with robes or any vestments on any clergyman. I was simply pointing out the hypocrisy with my comment.
No your were diverting. If you have a problem with over there, go over there. This just proves that your institution is just the same as over there and not what it claims to be.

Really, do they all wear them, all the time??????????????? By the way this is the RC thread not the over there thread.
What i've noticed about this guy, he/she loves to make all kinds of claims then never back it up. He said 'all Luthers ancestors were catholic'. Really? List them. Crickets. I can name others. They have to embellish to score a point but they've scored nothing if its not true to begin with.

What i've noticed about this guy, he/she loves to make all kinds of claims then never back it up. He said 'all Luthers ancestors were catholic'. Really? List them. Crickets. I can name others. They have to embellish to score a point but they've scored nothing if its not true to begin with.
Yep, they just to love to throw out a claim and hope it sticks.

We can correctly assume they were. ALL of Germany was Catholic for hundreds of years before Luther was even born. We know one thing for sure, they were not Lutheran.

So the apostles handed the church over to men who would wallow in sexual sin, harm the sheep, teach false doctrines, go against scripture - blessing same sex couples, ignore scriptures like 1 Cor 5:11, James 4:17, become part of the sin of others by not doing what is right, condone murder, torture, inquisitions, follow man and not Jesus.
All men are sinners and subject to doing those things. His own close Apostles abandoned and denied him, yet he still kept them on as his close disciples.

The irony is that the Apostles actually wanted the church to avoid such men and expel them from the community....not put them in charge!

Think about it: the Catholic heart would rather follow such men than the teaching of the Apostles.

All men are sinners and subject to doing those things.

I don't do those things....and I am not even a Catholic Master.

You do those things as a Roman Catholic?

Your sect is officially blessing same sex couples as we speak...and you still bend the knee and follow, instead of expelling such men from your sect.

So Catholics justify their evil by saying all men do evil. I wonder who taught Catholics to think that way....

We can correctly assume they were. ALL of Germany was Catholic for hundreds of years before Luther was even born. We know one thing for sure, they were not Lutheran.
So you have no clue? Youre guessing even though your statement was stated as fact? Who were they? Names, birth dates...c'mon you know or at least you pretend to know.

Back