What is your Opinion?

Hello All!!

I have a scenario for you. This is a very real scenario...

Right after the resurrection of Christ and after Pentecost, we have people all over the planet dying. From both the Arminian and Calvinist views, were these people chosen (Elect) by God? Could they have garnered some faith had they heard the Gospel? Or, were they never Chosen (Elected) by God and therefore could not have had faith?

I'll throw my opinion out later... Keep it civil :)

ReverendRV

Hello All!!

Right after the resurrection of Christ and after Pentecost, we have people all over the planet dying. From both the Arminian and Calvinist views, were these people chosen (Elect) by God? Could they have garnered some faith had they heard the Gospel? Or, were they never Chosen (Elected) by God and therefore could not have had faith?

I would say the Wages of Sin is Death, and always will be until the Lord returns...

Is this okay? The reason I answered that way is because I'm a Fundamentalist...

Our Lord's God

Hello All!!

12 For all who have sinned without the Law will also perish without the Law, and all who have sinned under the Law will be judged by the Law; 13 for it is not the hearers of the Law who are just before God, but the doers of the Law will be justified. 14 For when the nations who do not have the Law, do the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves, 15 in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them, 16 on the Day when God will judge the secrets of men through Christ Jesus according to my Gospel.

travelah

Hello All!!

Lost people have been dying since Cain and it got so bad God wiped the whole world but a few souls off the face of the earth. They are still dying today. As Christ said, the harvest is plenty and the workers few. That puts a big burden on the preacher. If you look at the spread of Christianity, it follows only the paths of the evangelists.

Oldsaint24

Hello All!!

Depends if these "people all over the planet" were named in the book of life, ie. children of promise. If they are children of promise, future children of God, or actually children of God, they can exercise faith.

travelah

Depends if these "people all over the planet" were named in the book of life, ie. children of promise. If they are children of promise, future children of God, or actually children of God, they can exercise faith.
Exercise faith in who?

Oldsaint24

Whose God? The Bible tells us the only way to the Father is through Jesus Christ.
Their Father, the True and Living God.....the Father of spirits. The post was concerning those around the world who have not been exposed to the gospel of Christ. Surely you don't think the only children of God at the time of Jesus was in Judea and surrounding area.....do you?

travelah

Their Father, the True and Living God.....the Father of spirits. The post was concerning those around the world who have not been exposed to the gospel of Christ. Surely you don't think the only children of God at the time of Jesus was in Judea and surrounding area.....do you?
There were children of God wherever there was the diaspora. There were none anywhere else until an evangelist preached the Gospel of Christ to them.

Oldsaint24

There were children of God wherever there was the diaspora. There were none anywhere else until an evangelist preached the Gospel of Christ to them.
The Father of Spirits? Which spirits would those be?
So as the post asked about those of the anywhere else....are you saying they are all unregenerate and destined to the lake of fire if they die prior to hearing the gospel of Christ? Really? I am sensing you do not know what it means to be a child of God.

travelah

So as the post asked about those of the anywhere else....are you saying they are all unregenerate and destined to the lake of fire if they die prior to hearing the gospel of Christ? Really? I am sensing you do not know what it means to be a child of God.
To be a child of God is to be in Christ. So there is another way to God other than through Christ? Where do I find that? Oldsaints 3:16?

Oldsaint24

To be a child of God is to be in Christ. So there is another way to God other than through Christ? Where do I find that? Oldsaints 3:16?
You error writing "to be a child of God is to be in Christ". Not all of God's children are in Christ. Not all children of God abide in the True Vine, some children of God do not abide in the True Vine and are cut out by the Father and they wither, die and are gathered up and cast into the fire.
To be "in Christ" is to be an adopted child. To have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.
Not all children of God receive the promise of the Holy Spirit because they are not worthy of such a blessing, because they do not love Jesus more than themselves , because they are disobedient, foolish, etc.

travelah

You error writing "to be a child of God is to be in Christ". Not all of God's children are in Christ. Not all children of God abide in the True Vine, some children of God do not abide in the True Vine and are cut out by the Father and they wither, die and are gathered up and cast into the fire.
To be "in Christ" is to be an adopted child. To have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.
Not all children of God receive the promise of the Holy Spirit because they are not worthy of such a blessing, because they do not love Jesus more than themselves , because they are disobedient, foolish, etc.
Man, this is almost as whacked out as it gets. What is the name of your religion?

Oldsaint24

Man, this is almost as whacked out as it gets. What is the name of your religion?
I am a child of the Living God. I am a Christian because I have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit within me. If I remain obedient to the end I will be part of the first resurrection, partake of the marriage supper and rule and reign with Christ Jesus, my Lord and Savior, in the age to come. You tell me what my religion is. I have written no untruths.

travelah

I am a child of the Living God. I am a Christian because I have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit within me. If I remain obedient to the end I will be part of the first resurrection, partake of the marriage supper and rule and reign with Christ Jesus, my Lord and Savior, in the age to come. You tell me what my religion is. I have written no untruths.
Another heterodox believer who can't answer a simple question. What is the name of your church?

Oldsaint24

Another heterodox believer who can't answer a simple question. What is the name of your church?
Church? The Body of Christ. Isn't that yours? Don't know about you but I don't have an ism or belong to a sect or schism. I serve my Father currently sent to proclaim the gospel of the kingdom, because the Father is longsuffering and merciful prior to the end of this age. Seems you are not interested in the truths I am sent to proclaim to His children before the end comes. But that is your problem , not mine. I teach what I have been taught. What you and the children do with the truth is up to them. You and they have the freewill to receive it or reject it.....and the blessing or consequences that comes with receiving or rejecting. I would not be too quick to reject what I am writing. Sometimes the reaction of the children has immediate response from the Father. Such as "they shall not enter into my rest" or "they shall not eat at my table". And if He declares such.....it is final at that time.

ReverendRV

Church? The Body of Christ. Isn't that yours? Don't know about you but I don't have an ism or belong to a sect or schism. I serve my Father currently sent to proclaim the gospel of the kingdom, because the Father is longsuffering and merciful prior to the end of this age. Seems you are not interested in the truths I am sent to proclaim to His children before the end comes. But that is your problem , not mine. I teach what I have been taught. What you and the children do with the truth is up to them. You and they have the freewill to receive it or reject it.....and the blessing or consequences that comes with receiving or rejecting. I would not be too quick to reject what I am writing. Sometimes the reaction of the children has immediate response from the Father. Such as "they shall not enter into my rest" or "they shall not eat at my table".
My name is Charlie, and I'm a Baptist...

travelah

Church? The Body of Christ. Isn't that yours? Don't know about you but I don't have an ism or belong to a sect or schism. I serve my Father currently sent to proclaim the gospel of the kingdom, because the Father is longsuffering and merciful prior to the end of this age. Seems you are not interested in the truths I am sent to proclaim to His children before the end comes. But that is your problem , not mine. I teach what I have been taught. What you and the children do with the truth is up to them. You and they have the freewill to receive it or reject it.....and the blessing or consequences that comes with receiving or rejecting. I would not be too quick to reject what I am writing. Sometimes the reaction of the children has immediate response from the Father. Such as "they shall not enter into my rest" or "they shall not eat at my table".
So you don't actually attend church services and fellowship with the saints.. kind of a lone ranger riding on your range, eh?