What kind of bread is epiousios?

Faith alone is patently false. It contradicts the entire chapter of Matthew 25. It contradicts the book of James - infamously called once an epistle of straw.

Bonnie, why did Jesus curse the fig tree?
What else is needed? What other than faith is required?

Are the acts of repenting and trusting "works" that the believer must do?

If they are not works what are they?
Without faith you have nothing. RCs think that penance is repentance, it is not biblical repentance at all. RCC showed that it does not practice real penance, just look at how it has run from making any compensation to its victims. It was only because of public outcry it made a token attempt at penace. Real repentance would have been exposing sin, revealing all their paedophile priests to authorities for them to deal with, really looking after the victims helping them with all their needs.

Love of God and of neighbor. As Bonnie said, they are not optional.
Can you do that without faith? Because God has changed believers, is it really their work or is it His. I can do nothing without God/Jesus.

John 15:5

I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.

Also on these threads we have seen that most RCs do not really understand love they neighbour. Most RCs have in past posts bragged about loving their neighbours but their posts have revealed it to be just words.

Faith, hope and love go together. They are the theological virtues we receive at baptism.
Can we do anything without faith first?

Repeating John 15:5

I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.

Can we do anything without faith first?

Repeating John 15:5

What do you mean by "anything"?
Or do you mean "bear fruit"?
We cannot bear fruit or in any way please Him apart from Him.

Now, the question becomes: How do we abide in Him?

What do you mean by "anything"?
Or do you mean "bear fruit"?
We cannot bear fruit or in any way please Him apart from Him.

Now, the question becomes: How do we abide in Him?

Seriously what do you think I meant? What did John mean in his verse? Do you need that explained to you.

Can we even breathe without God? Do you think God gets one to do evil things?

We don't abide in Him by being a member of a bad tree, which is the only scriptural test you institution passes So please do not bring your institution into this. It is obvious how to abide in Him and it is not works. We can only do those because of Him.

Last edited:
Seriously what do you think I meant? What did John mean in his verse? Do you need that explained to you.

Can we even breathe without God? Do you think God gets one to do evil things?

We don't abide in Him by being a member of a bad tree, which is the only scriptural test you institution passes So please do not bring your institution into this. It is obvious how to abide in Him and it is not works. We can only do those because of Him.
There is only one Church. And yes, there are tares in it as Jesus said there would be. But how can we please Him and bear fruit outside of it?

John 6:54 Those who eat my flesh and drink my blood have eternal life, and I will raise them up on the last day; 55 for my flesh is true food and my blood is true drink. 56 Those who eat my flesh and drink my blood abide in me, and I in them.

There is only one Church. And yes, there are tares in it as Jesus said there would be. But how can we please Him and bear fruit outside of it?

John 6:54 Those who eat my flesh and drink my blood have eternal life, and I will raise them up on the last day; 55 for my flesh is true food and my blood is true drink. 56 Those who eat my flesh and drink my blood abide in me, and I in them.
So RCs say and I do not disagree, one church. But it is not their foul smelling evil institution. I am so over RCs making out how important works are, yet do not apply that to their institution. It fails the works test, it fails the fruit test, it fails the teaching test, it fails the leadership test.

Yep no Jesus is not speaking literally, as dingoling likes to say He is speakingliterally because he does not say it is symbolic. It is obvious He is speaking symbolically, He does not say this is literal. Just because you falsely think your delusion is real, does not make it so. Works means doing as God says and in the case of RCs they believe Jesus was going against what His father said. They believe Jesus was breaking the commandments. If He did do what they say, He would no longer be the spotless lamb.

Your institution is ignoring 1 Cor 5:11 when they falsely use the tares quote to justify their leaders' evil fruit and that alone proves it is not His church. Please show a verse where Jesus says there will be child molestors in my church and they will be leaders? Please one verse? His church does not associate with those who are sexually immoral for a start. Yours hides their sin and has them for meals. These bad fruits also show these leaders clearly fail the scriptural requirements for leaders. Those who hid the sin, are now part of that sin.

I wonder why NO RC ever refers 1 Cor 5:11.

So RCs say and I do not disagree, one church. But it is not their foul smelling evil institution. I am so over RCs making out how important works are, yet do not apply that to their institution. It fails the works test, it fails the fruit test, it fails the teaching test, it fails the leadership test.

Yep no Jesus is not speaking literally, as dingoling likes to say He is speakingliterally because he does not say it is symbolic. It is obvious He is speaking symbolically, He does not say this is literal. Just because you falsely think your delusion is real, does not make it so. Works means doing as God says and in the case of RCs they believe Jesus was going against what His father said. They believe Jesus was breaking the commandments. If He did do what they say, He would no longer be the spotless lamb.

Your institution is ignoring 1 Cor 5:11 when they falsely use the tares quote to justify their leaders' evil fruit and that alone proves it is not His church. Please show a verse where Jesus says there will be child molestors in my church and they will be leaders? Please one verse? His church does not associate with those who are sexually immoral for a start. Yours hides their sin and has them for meals. These bad fruits also show these leaders clearly fail the scriptural requirements for leaders. Those who hid the sin, are now part of that sin.

I wonder why NO RC ever refers 1 Cor 5:11.
So where is this one divinely instituted Church? Lets see its documents from all 2000 years.

So where is this one divinely instituted Church? Lets see its documents from all 2000 years.
Oh grow up just because you think you have history going back to Jesus, does not make it so. There is more than documents that are needed to be the real church. Your institution has deliberately destroyed the documents of believers throughout the centuries. Also your dates are wrong, because the Georgian calendar is out of whack.

You have nothing except writings from an institution that is a proven liar, you have nothing.

Oh grow up just because you think you have history going back to Jesus, does not make it so. There is more than documents that are needed to be the real church. Your institution has deliberately destroyed the documents of believers throughout the centuries. Also your dates are wrong, because the Georgian calendar is out of whack.

You have nothing except writings from an institution that is a proven liar, you have nothing.
:rolleyes:

The true Church has 2000 years of documents.

:rolleyes:

The true Church has 2000 years of documents.
Your dating is incorrect because your calendar is incorrect. Your institution has false documentation, so it is not the real church. Just because you repeat a false claim over and over again is meaningless. Your institution destroyed the evidence of others, more of its evil deeds. So if I were you I would not brag about its false documentation and revisionist history.

It fails the scriptural tests, the only test it passes is the one for the bad tree. That is not the real church.

The real church is more than documentation.

Love of God and of neighbor. As Bonnie said, they are not optional.
But can we love God and our neighbor the way God wants us to, without faith in Jesus Christ? Would we even want to do so?

Here is a story I put down on here last year, that illustrates this:

Do you know what it means to be a new creation?

Back