What man knoweth?

Manfred

How about the God taught in Calvinism? Did not Charles Spurgeon state, "Calvinism is the Gospel, and nothing else."
What does your imagination tell you about God? Taught in Calvinism........
How strange that you guys keep saying that. Why not highlight something you imagine about?

Manfred

]
Which gospel; Christ tasted death for every man, or Christ tasted death for only some men?
It depends I suppose if you believe that the Bible teaches universal salvation, or that the Bible teaches that even though Jesus tasted death for each and every individual, his tasting of death is ineffective because it has no power to save each and every individual.

Perhaps you care to show where the Bible teaches the ineffectiveness of Jesus tasting death for each and every individual. Something to the effect of "they were cut to the heart, understood the implication of the tasting of death, and chose not to believe it?

PeanutGallery

It depends I suppose if you believe that the Bible teaches universal salvation, ...
The Bible does not teach universal salvation.

or that the Bible teaches that even though Jesus tasted death for each and every individual, his tasting of death is ineffective because it has no power to save each and every individual.
Effective to those who believe.
1Tim 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

... Something to the effect of "they were cut to the heart, understood the implication of the tasting of death, and chose not to believe it?
Heb 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
Heb 6:5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
Heb 6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Theo1689

Can a person be saved through a false gospel?

I got saved without TULIP's false gospel.

"TULIP's gospel" (what a weird name for it) is this:

1) God is holy;
2) man is sinful;
3) sin must be taken care of
4) The wages of sin is death.
5) God sent his son to atone for sin.
6) Those who believe in Jesus will be saved.

So which part of that "TULIP's gospel" did you reject, or omit?
Enquiring minds want to know...

PeanutGallery

"TULIP's gospel" (what a weird name for it) is this:
You prefer Calvinist gospel; the one stated by Spurgeon, "Calvinism is the Gospel, and nothing else." ?

1) God is holy;
2) man is sinful;
3) sin must be taken care of
4) The wages of sin is death.
5) God sent his son to atone for sin.
6) Those who believe in Jesus will be saved.

So which part of that "TULIP's gospel" did you reject, or omit?
Enquiring minds want to know...
7) Christ did not die for everyone
8) No faith required for regeneration

preacher4truth

Seems freewillers have their techniques for dealing with anything which opposes them.

interpret the whole Bible with John 3:16

Anything that disagrees with them and glorifies God. Quickly call it Calvinism.
Yes, disagree, toss God getting all the glory out the window, and insert what man accomplished. It is sacrilegious if not blasphemy in the face of God.

Carbon

Yes, disagree, toss God getting all the glory out the window, and insert what man accomplished. It is sacrilegious if not blasphemy in the face of God.
But I do believe they don’t realize they are glorifying themselves and not God. There are many true believers, they just don’t understand the details. If they understood the details and still claimed it was their personal decision to be saved, that would be blasphemy.

They believe they are doing right. Once someone challenges their special free will ability, with scripture, they fight tooth and nail.
I often wonder why? After all, what’s so wrong about giving all the glory to God?

preacher4truth

But I do believe they don’t realize they are glorifying themselves and not God. There are many true believers, they just don’t understand the details. If they understood the details and still claimed it was their personal decision to be saved, that would be blasphemy.

They believe they are doing right. Once someone challenges their special free will ability, with scripture, they fight tooth and nail.
I often wonder why? After all, what’s so wrong about giving all the glory to God?
I agree some are true believers, yet on here many of those doing this espouse a false works gospel.

PeanutGallery

You got saved? How did you got saved?
please share?
Used a Bible to defend the doctrines of an apostate church; found out their doctrines were teaching another gospel, another Jesus. I had to make a choice; I cried out to the God of the Bible, and turned away from the idols of the apostate church.
2Cor 7:10 For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.