What man knoweth?

Carbon

Used a Bible to defend the doctrines of an apostate church; found out their doctrines were teaching another gospel, another Jesus. I had to make a choice; I cried out to the God of the Bible, and turned away from the idols of the apostate church.
2Cor 7:10 For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.
If that be the case, I’m happy to hear that. If the church was apostate.

my advice friend, continue, be like the Bereans.

G

guest1

Used a Bible to defend the doctrines of an apostate church; found out their doctrines were teaching another gospel, another Jesus. I had to make a choice; I cried out to the God of the Bible, and turned away from the idols of the apostate church.
2Cor 7:10 For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.
What was the apostate church ? What denomination/ affiliation ?

preacher4truth

I agree, unfortunately your right.
I really do not want to be right.

My observation is there are few who really listen, but have witnessed these few come to the knowledge of the truth.

Then there are those who are militant and devoted against it, preach there was something good about them, elected due to meeting a condition, post a proof text as evidence, show a verse like 1 Corinthians 2:14 as meaning they had the right mindset, and for this were saveable and saved, and compare that against others who are not. Choice meats theology is damnable heresy. We've witnessed it on here today.

Carbon

The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned. 1 Cor 1:14

So, how then can we be saved?

For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, Eph 2.

According to scripture, we’re saved by grace. Irresistible grace I would say.
Since we cannot understand the things of the Spirit and they are folly to us, it has to be of grace.
Some think, all they have to do it hear the gospel and then make a choice. But scripture teaches we cannot understand because its spiritually discerned.

So, there’s an obvious problem here. It’s obviously not in man to believe unto salvation.

Thankfully the Holy Spirit regenerates and we are able to see with spiritual eyes. Then we can say along with Job,
I had heard of you by the hearing of the ear,
but now my eye sees you;
therefore I despise myself,
and repent in dust and ashes.” Job 42.
“Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.” John 3.

Once we see Christ, He is irresistible, for in the regenerate man is the gift of faith.

And this is not our own doing as scripture teaches, it’s a gift of God. For we could not even appraise or understand the things of the Spirit. Because they are spiritually discerned.

For those who believe, regeneration is not necessary, I say, salvation is the work of God,
“When the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, namely, the Spirit of truth who comes from the Father, He will testify about Me,John 15.

Manfred

The Bible does not teach universal salvation.
I know. Do you think Jesus died effectively for each and every individual?
His death becomes meaningless if it was meant for everyone, but has no effect on the majority.
Effective to those who believe.
1Tim 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.
And?
No one denies faith.
I suppose you self generated your faith. Man made eh?
Heb 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
Heb 6:5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
Heb 6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
And you just shot yourself in the foot!

Once enlightened? Who enlightened them? Was it self.....
I am sure it was self!

Perhaps you care to share with us, what "soil" these people had when they heard the gospel?
Was it rocky, thorny, hard, or good?

What soil do you have, or are you still wondering if you are one of those described here?

As for me:
9 Though we speak in this way, yet in your case, beloved, we feel sure of better things—things that belong to salvation.

Why do people like to rip scripture from its context......
Oh, yes, to defend their false teachings.

... Something to the effect of "they were cut to the heart, understood the implication of the tasting of death, and chose not to believe it?
4 For it is impossible, in the case of those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, and have shared in the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the age to come,

Help me here please. Where does it say they chose not to believe?
Did they choose not to be enlightened? Did they chose not to be enlightened anymore?
Help me understand how these people chose to not believe, or even chose to stop believing?

ReverendRV

Either God's word is true, or man's doctrine is true.
Man's doctrine can never be true; let every Man be a Liar. But since God's Word says that it is Good for Doctrine, God's Doctrine is always True. No Calvinist here is trying to tell you they are teaching the doctrines of Men; you should never assume this again. You will get further with us by tusing the Doctrine of God against us...

preacher4truth

He is doctrine free. Just Calvinists have doctrine don't ya know
"Keep a close watch on yourself and on the teaching. Persist in this, for by so doing you will save both yourself and your hearers." 1 Timothy 4:16.

The verse can literally say "your teaching." Of course it is derived from Scripture, and we all have our own teachings we've put out there. I know I'm preaching to the choir...

PeanutGallery

Man's doctrine can never be true; let every Man be a Liar. But since God's Word says that it is Good for Doctrine, God's Doctrine is always True.
Yes, God's doctrine founded on Christ, his apostles, and prophets. Not man-made doctrine.
Eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

Manfred

It's quite sad that someone is so entrenched in their ways that they cannot even write the words: Because God revealed it to me....

Would that have been so difficult to admit you were being deceived by a false spirit and then God revealed the truth to you.
Or are you going to keep clinging to self and tell us how you managed to figure it out all by yourself?

You just cannot give God the glory for revealing Christ to you as your Lord and Savior, can you........

PeanutGallery

It's quite sad that someone is so entrenched in their ways that they cannot even write the words: Because God revealed it to me....
You just cannot give God the glory for revealing Christ to you as your Lord and Savior, can you........
I give glory to God for revealing Christ to me through his true inspired word.
I did not realize you wanted me to say those words; maybe, God decreed me not to know what you wanted me to say.