What Source of Information Will the Roman Catholic Use?

balshan said:
I am following your lead you don't answer questions. It is according to many that the RCC has false teachers, it teaches false doctrines, therefore the leaders are false teachers
You just say stuff. lol. no truth whatsoever. In truth, you don't answer question and just say stuff as if it was fact. So, what, you don't believe in the CC. I say, you don't know what the CC actually teaches. You don't even know what the bible teaches. You don't know Jesus. You are lost. Period.
if others who were raised C and went to C schools (taught by nuns and priests) don't know what the rcc teaches, then why should we believe you do? catholics on here have even claimed the nuns and priests who taught us didn't know. sounds like no catholics can be trusted to know.

mica said:
how do you know? the rcc teaches very little about Him. there isn't a catholic on here who shows much knowledge of Him or His basic teachings or those of the apostles - not even those of Peter.
AMEN mica!

"In [Christ] are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge." (Col. 2: 3)
ain't that the truth! treasures catholics will never know or have thru the rcc!

if others who were raised C and went to C schools (taught by nuns and priests) don't know what the rcc teaches, then why should we believe you do? catholics on here have even claimed the nuns and priests who taught us didn't know. sounds like no catholics can be trusted to know.
I met a woman who said she grew up catholic and rejected the faith. What i got is that she didn't like HOW she was taught. She never distinguished truth from the severity of how it was given to her. All I could say as a catechist is that is not how I teach. Same truths but maybe in a different way.

mica said:

I met a woman who said she grew up catholic and rejected the faith. What i got is that she didn't like HOW she was taught. She never distinguished truth from the severity of how it was given to her. All I could say as a catechist is that is not how I teach. Same truths but maybe in a different way.
what does what you've posted have to do with what I posted? my post is about catholic posting on here claiming that the nuns/priests who taught us didn't know what the rcc teaches.

she rejected faith in the rcc - that sounds like she did distinguish the false faith in the rcc from faith in His truth.

what does what you've posted have to do with what I posted? my post is about catholic posting on here claiming that the nuns/priests who taught us didn't know what the rcc teaches.

she rejected faith in the rcc - that sounds like she did distinguish the false faith in the rcc from faith in His truth.
I mean I am amazed at the number of different ways RCs justify the false teachings of their institution and think they understand why people leave. They never look at the fact that we are able to read and comprehend the word of God for ourselves, that the HS is our guide and reveals to us that we were taught false doctrines.

They just have their opinions as to why people leave and no facts or understanding of why we leave at all.

I know I left and then read the scriptures from the first page to the last and did not find the RCC in it, the actions of the RCs in it but worse of all I did not find their teachings in it.

They were lies.

What I did find from reading scripture and I was not in contact with anyone of faith or another church was Jesus. I found Jesus and His love for me as I was. I found the truth.

It is easy to belittle why others leave the bad tree when one never investigates the truth for themselves.

By the way you make an extremely good point. I mean we went through the RC system - schools and sacraments, and according to RCs on these threads we do not know what the RCC teaches. How can they claim to know it any better than us. I mean same system, why do they think they are better taught.

Last edited:

I agree. It sounds like that woman had a high view of Scripture, coupled with her own enthusiasm for understanding it correctly. God requires that very attitude. The heart that truly loves Him naturally burns with a passion for discernment.

I mean I am amazed at the number of different ways RCs justify the false teachings of their institution and think they understand why people leave. They never look at the fact that we are able to read and comprehend the word of God for ourselves, that the HS is our guide and reveals to us that we were taught false doctrines.

They just have their opinions as to why people leave and no facts or understanding of why we leave at all.

I know I left and then read the scriptures from the first page to the last and did not find the RCC in it, the actions of the RCs in it but worse of all I did not find their teachings in it.

They were lies.

What I did find from reading scripture and I was not in contact with anyone of faith or another church was Jesus. I found Jesus and His love for me as I was. I found the truth.

It is easy to belittle why others leave the bad tree when one never investigates the truth for themselves.

By the way you make an extremely good point. I mean we went through the RC system - schools and sacraments, and according to RCs on these threads we do not know what the RCC teaches. How can they claim to know it any better than us. I mean same system, why do they think they are better taught.
Exactly.

As a catechist, then, you should be able to answers questions and explain your faith...maybe even with biblical answers.

We've had catholics here claiming to have advanced degrees that couldn't explain their faith. Its hard to explain from the bible when its not in the bible.
yes, and they're blind to the 'holes' in their attempts to explain it because they don't know Him or His word.

the rcc is not God and it never will be.

More likely the woman that rejected Catholicism wanted to take up her own invented religion for a more palatable one of self-justification and salvation. After all, in this subjective religion everybody goes to heaven, especially and more importantly her.

JoeT

More likely the woman that rejected Catholicism wanted to take up her own invented religion for a more palatable one of self-justification and salvation. After all, in this subjective religion everybody goes to heaven, especially and more importantly her.

JoeT
Well then she would have stayed in the RCC, because that is the belief of the new RCC. Everybody is welcome, you have a pope who even blesses a pagan goddess.

ok, the nuns/ priest didn't know what the cc teaches?

JoeT
Never have I met a catholic that has since rejected the faith ever give me a reason that wasn't emotional full of feelings about something they didn't like or understand. I try to give more understanding to the best of my ability.

mica said:

ok, the nuns/ priest didn't know what the cc teaches?
former catholics on here have been told that by catholics posting here.

ask them why they claim that.

Back