What to Look for in a Mate.

CharismaticLady

There is an important book that every single person, man or woman, needs to read to understand what the opposite sex needs for a healthy relationship under God.

The book is called "His Needs, Her Needs"

If there is a certain type of person you admire, think what you need to do to be the type of person they would be looking for.

civic

No if one if following Gods will then He will bring ones future spouse into their lives. So bottom line is stick with the Bible as ones source for truth and God will faithful and bring the person He has created just for you into your life as a marriage partner for life.

hope this helps !!!

cjab

No if one if following Gods will then He will bring ones future spouse into their lives. So bottom line is stick with the Bible as ones source for truth and God will faithful and bring the person He has created just for you into your life as a marriage partner for life.

hope this helps !!!
You're being a little OTT I think. After all, Isaac had to send his servant to Aram Naharaim to select a bride from his own family, rather than marry a local Canaanite girl. That must have been a fair trek. I suspect Isaac got rather tired of waiting for that special person to just "come into his life."

You may easily find yourself in a locale where there are no suitable brides or grooms, if you're a Christian. They're getting quite thin on the ground in many places these days. And then, may be when you think you've found one, they're not of the right social class or some other issue emerges. These things can be complex to figure out. People may need help. But don't ever discount that God will just bring that special person into your life, but you may need to put some effort into making it happen.

shnarkle

You're being a little OTT I think. After all, Isaac had to send his servant to Aram Naharaim to select a bride from his own family, rather than marry a local Canaanite girl. That must have been a fair trek. I suspect Isaac got rather tired of waiting for that special person to just "come into his life."

You may easily find yourself in a locale where there are no suitable brides or grooms, if you're a Christian. They're getting quite thin on the ground in many places these days. And then, may be when you think you've found one, they're not of the right social class or some other issue emerges. These things can be complex to figure out. People may need help. But don't ever discount that God will just bring that special person into your life, but you may need to put some effort into making it happen.
Sartre said something that has always stuck with me. When asked what he would look for in a mate, he responded by saying he would want someone who he could have a conversation with for the next 40 years.

I know a guy who put some effort into "making it happen". He went on a dating site, and ended up bringing a woman back from the Philippines. It was a Given that she would cook, clean, do laundry, go right to work as the bread winner, and do all of this while having children. This was HER goal. My friend didn't have any objections to any of this.

All he had to do was pay her air fare over to the US, and provide a home for them to raise a family. He works from home, but she's clearly the bread winner, and makes probably five times what he does.

I think there are a lot of people who have no idea what they want out of life. There's a saying by Rumi where he concludes that what you're looking for is looking for you. Those who sit back and wait for the perfect mate to show up are perfectly matched with someone just like them.