What tribe of Israel are Mormons from?

organgrinder

Saw a video today of man who talked with some LDS missionaries. He posed the question, "what tribe of Israel are you from?" What tribes are the Mormons here from?

organgrinder

I understand you get patriarchal blessing and are told which tribe you are from. So, BOJ, which are you from? Any other Mormons feel free to chime in on this one.

Magdalena

Vast majority from Ephraim, either born into it or adopted into it. But I have heard of Manasseh here and there.

organgrinder

I'm from one of them. Which one is none of your business. I don't intend that in a bad way, but why would I want to share that with you?
Well, it was a question. I don't see anything secretive about it other than you. The missionaries have no problem sharing, it seems. The vast majority are from Ephraim and you are likely in that group. Ok. We will discuss that is a bit.

Theo1689

I'm from one of them. Which one is none of your business. I don't intend that in a bad way, but why would I want to share that with you?

So you're afraid you'll be "doxed"?!
Why would you NOT want to share it with us?

I have a Mormon friend, and he gratuitously shared with me that he was from the tribe of Benjamin.
He wasn't ashamed of it.
Maybe you are?

brotherofJared

Well, it was a question. I don't see anything secretive about it other than you. The missionaries have no problem sharing, it seems. The vast majority are from Ephraim and you are likely in that group. Ok. We will discuss that is a bit.
None of that answers my question. Is that what we're going to discuss in a bit? I'm curious why u think I would want to share any of that with u?

But my guess is that's not what u meant.

Theo1689

None of that answers my question. Is that what we're going to discuss in a bit? I'm curious why u think I would want to share any of that with u?

This is the Mormonism forum.
Is your "question" about Mormonism?

It seems that you only want to run away from discussing Mormonism, and instead attack the Bible and Christianity.

Yeah, I think Mormonism reminds me of Joe Biden.
Biden has no campaign promises (that he's willing to share), he only attacks Trump. Just like Mormonism has no truth, it only attacks Christianity.

Bonnie

Nowhere in the Bible does it say any Gentile believer in the world is a descendant of this or that tribe of Israel. That is just plain silly. Instead, we become ABRAHAM'S children, because, just like Abraham, our faith is credited to us as righteousness:

Galations 3, NIV:
5 So again I ask, does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you by the works of the law, or by your believing what you heard? 6 So also Abraham “believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.”[c]

7 Understand, then, that those who have faith are children of Abraham. 8 Scripture foresaw that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, and announced the gospel in advance to Abraham: “All nations will be blessed through you.” 9 So those who rely on faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith.

So, once again, Mormonism is wrong.

organgrinder

Apparently there will be no discussion with you for you are declining to answer a simple question. You have been given a patriarchal blessing I assume. Were you told what tribe you were from and what is it? Not like it is a temple ceremony "secret". Missionaries share it. Theo's friend shared it with Theo. It is relative to Mormonism and hence I asked the question.

brotherofJared

Nowhere in the Bible does it say any Gentile believer in the world is a descendant of this or that tribe of Israel.
So? What's your point? Nowhere in the Bible does it say that Gentile believers in the world are not a descendant of this or that tribe. I don't see where your opinion on the matter has any relevance whatsoever.

brotherofJared

Apparently there will be no discussion with you for you are declining to answer a simple question.
I answered your simple question. If you want to talk about the practice, have at it, but talking about me, personally? That is not a topic for discussion on this board. It seems to me that you are the one who won't answer "a simple question". Why would I want to share that information with you?
You have been given a patriarchal blessing I assume. Were you told what tribe you were from and what is it? Not like it is a temple ceremony "secret". Missionaries share it. Theo's friend shared it with Theo. It is relative to Mormonism and hence I asked the question.
What others have done is of no importance to me. My question to you is why would I want to share it with you? What possible reason would I have to do that? Asking me a personal question in a public forum doesn't warrant an answer unless there you can convince me that it does. Answer my question and we'll see.

Bonnie

So? What's your point? Nowhere in the Bible does it say that Gentile believers in the world are not a descendant of this or that tribe. I don't see where your opinion on the matter has any relevance whatsoever.
My point is...what I wrote. Mormons build beliefs on stuff that is nonsense and nowhere has any biblical support, and actually goes against what the Bible ACTUALLY SAYS--showing that their boast that they believe the Bible is an empty one.

Nowhere does the Bible say Gentile believers are descendants of this or that tribe. What it DOES say that they who are justified by their faith, as Abraham was, are the true children of Abraham (paraphrasing). Abe didn't come from any tribe, but was the founder of the Israelites.

Bonnie

So you're afraid you'll be "doxed"?!
Why would you NOT want to share it with us?

I have a Mormon friend, and he gratuitously shared with me that he was from the tribe of Benjamin.
He wasn't ashamed of it.
Maybe you are?
"Doxed"? What is that, Theo?