What was counted to Abraham for righteousness?

He had to follow the Law written by Adam onto his heart. When Methuselah did good, he showed that the Law of God was written on his heart...
Enoch buried Adam
he might have been alive then tho so that don't really matter...

who was the acting King/Priest/Prophet Methuselah had to be listening to at the time?
"...and (so and so) began to teach the children of men" - book of Jasher

Abraham was a Gentile.

Romans 2
14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another)

Deuteronomy 6:25 NIV; Then it will be righteousness for us, if we are careful to observe all these commandments before the Lord our God, as He has commanded us.’
This is self righteousness before the other nations, they were dispossessing.
But it is clearly not the righteousness which they inherit the promises...

Deut. 9:4 Speak not thou in thine heart, after that the LORD thy God hath cast them out from before thee, saying, For my righteousness the LORD hath brought me in to possess this land: but for the wickedness of these nations the LORD doth drive them out from before thee.
God's righteousness, God's faithfulness......
5 Not for thy righteousness, or for the uprightness of thine heart, dost thou go to possess their land: but for the wickedness of these nations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee, and that he may perform the word which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
6 Understand therefore, that the LORD thy God giveth thee not this good land to possess it for thy righteousness; for thou art a stiffnecked people.

Romans 9:31 NIV; but the people of Israel, who pursued the law as the way of righteousness, have not attained their goal.

Law Keeping worked for the Uncorrupted Jesus...
Even before he brought them into the land of promise...... He knew and prphesied the breaking of the covenant.......
Deut. 31:20 For when I shall have brought them into the land which I sware unto their fathers, that floweth with milk and honey; and they shall have eaten and filled themselves, and waxen fat; then will they turn unto other gods, and serve them, and provoke me, and break my covenant.
21 And it shall come to pass, when many evils and troubles are befallen them, that this song shall testify against them as a witness; for it shall not be forgotten out of the mouths of their seed: for I know their imagination which they go about, even now, before I have brought them into the land which I sware.

His righteousness and his faithfulness to keep his oath made To Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

This is self righteousness before the other nations, they were dispossessing.
But it is clearly not the righteousness which they inherit the promises...

Deut. 9:4 Speak not thou in thine heart, after that the LORD thy God hath cast them out from before thee, saying, For my righteousness the LORD hath brought me in to possess this land: but for the wickedness of these nations the LORD doth drive them out from before thee.
God's righteousness, God's faithfulness......
5 Not for thy righteousness, or for the uprightness of thine heart, dost thou go to possess their land: but for the wickedness of these nations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee, and that he may perform the word which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
6 Understand therefore, that the LORD thy God giveth thee not this good land to possess it for thy righteousness; for thou art a stiffnecked people.

Even before he brought them into the land of promise...... He knew and prphesied the breaking of the covenant.......
Deut. 31:20 For when I shall have brought them into the land which I sware unto their fathers, that floweth with milk and honey; and they shall have eaten and filled themselves, and waxen fat; then will they turn unto other gods, and serve them, and provoke me, and break my covenant.
21 And it shall come to pass, when many evils and troubles are befallen them, that this song shall testify against them as a witness; for it shall not be forgotten out of the mouths of their seed: for I know their imagination which they go about, even now, before I have brought them into the land which I sware.

His righteousness and his faithfulness to keep his oath made To Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
Welcome to CARM joline. .

well, there's a Sin nature -
Nope, no such thing as a "Sin Nature". There's only a HUMAN NATURE, which Adam had before, AND after he tossed God under the bus. Jesus had a HUMAN NATURE (since He was tempted just like us), and I've got one - just like you.

Catholics think there's one, since they have to have SOME EXCUSE to sprinkle Babies.

Nope, no such thing as a "Sin Nature". There's only a HUMAN NATURE, which Adam had before, AND after he tossed God under the bus. Jesus had a HUMAN NATURE (since He was tempted just like us), and I've got one - just like you.

Catholics think there's one, since they have to have SOME EXCUSE to sprinkle Babies.
What does it mean that "by one man's disobedience many were made sinners"?

Back