Whatever claims - disease is evil

Lighthearted Atheist

So then good doesn't exist in reality either.

Funny exists in reality, your post.
Correct - good does not exist in realty. It is a human concept and opinion that only exists in the mind. That's why you cannot go to the store and buy 3 pounds of 'good'.

Funny also does not exist in reality - it is also a human concept and emotion. You cannot measure a joke in objective Funny Units to see how funny it is.

If you claim that good does exist in reality and is objective then I'd love to see your prove that. Because I am pretty sure you cannot. Christians claim that good and evil are objective but they've never really thought it through.

This is an old tactic used by Ravi Zacharias. Ravi asked an audience member if there is such a thing as universal good and evil. People who have not thought it through would say yes of course - murder is universally not good or something. Then Ravi would pounce and say if there is universal good then it must come from a universal giver of the rules for good - therefore God. Ha ha! Gotcha!

But every now and then Ravi called on someone who knew his little logic puzzle. Ravi asked if there was universal good and an atheist, who has thought this through, would say, 'No - good is a concept. There is no universal good." And then it would be awesome to watch Ravi try to pick up the pieces :)

Anyhoo, if you can prove that good or love or funny or any human concept exists objectively in reality I'd love to see it.

Furion

Correct - good does not exist in realty. It is a human concept and opinion that only exists in the mind. That's why you cannot go to the store and buy 3 pounds of 'good'.

Funny also does not exist in reality - it is also a human concept and emotion. You cannot measure a joke in objective Funny Units to see how funny it is.

If you claim that good does exist in reality and is objective then I'd love to see your prove that. Because I am pretty sure you cannot. Christians claim that good and evil are objective but they've never really thought it through.

This is an old tactic used by Ravi Zacharias. Ravi asked an audience member if there is such a thing as universal good and evil. People who have not thought it through would say yes of course - murder is universally not good or something. Then Ravi would pounce and say if there is universal good then it must come from a universal giver of the rules for good - therefore God. Ha ha! Gotcha!

But every now and then Ravi called on someone who knew his little logic puzzle. Ravi asked if there was universal good and an atheist, who has thought this through, would say, 'No - good is a concept. There is no universal good." And then it would be awesome to watch Ravi try to pick up the pieces :)

Anyhoo, if you can prove that good or love or funny or any human concept exists objectively in reality I'd love to see it.

I don't know or follow Ravi, sorry.

I am not here to prove anything. I am here to talk about the atheist paradigm and people's consistency.

You seem consistent, most of the others here are not.

Lighthearted Atheist

the atheist has to run away - LOL - typical
Yes - you clearly won this one. How can I possibly survive your relentless onslaught of 'prove it!'? I love that you are like me - you demand that people who make claims like Jesus rose from the dead must prove it with empirical evidence. And I clearly failed to do that to your satisfaction.

Well done ferengi - your insight, logic, and skillful use of the Socratic method and apologetics has left me helpless. You win. I concede.

And have a great week!

Lighthearted Atheist

Then leave - if you dont address the OP you are in violation and are trying to change the subject
The subject is from you my dear ferengi. I am responding directly to your claims about my atheism, your posted argument, and your questions. I think that is in line with the forum policy. If you stop saying that I believe God does not exist then I will stop responding :)

ferengi

The subject is from you my dear ferengi. I am responding directly to your claims about my atheism, your posted argument, and your questions. I think that is in line with the forum policy. If you stop saying that I believe God does not exist then I will stop responding :)
Then you are a walking red herring - when did I make an argument- no you are not responding to my question - if you had you would have addressed the OP