Whatever claims - disease is evil

Lighthearted Atheist

Another atheist runs away as they must - and I bet you wonder why you cant get anyone to believe atheism - LOL
Actually atheism and 'non-religious" is the fastest growing belief in the USA right now. Christianity is in decline as more and more people see the kinds of things I am describing and leave the church. Over the past decade Christianity has declined as a belief by 12% while non-religious is up 17%.

Pew Research Center: In U.S., Decline of Christianity Continues at Rapid Pace

26% of Americans are now non-religious - a full quarter of the nation. So we are having no issue getting people to drop their belief in Christianity (and Islam and Hinduism) and embrace atheistic empiricism. In our lifetime we will probably see the non-religious Americans become a majority as Christianity becomes a minority. America will become secular with a Christian minority.

Its almost like there is no god at all trying to stop us.....

;)

ferengi

Actually atheism and 'non-religious" is the fastest growing belief in the USA right now. Christianity is in decline as more and more people see the kinds of things I am describing and leave the church. Over the past decade Christianity has declined as a belief by 12% while non-religious is up 17%.

Pew Research Center: In U.S., Decline of Christianity Continues at Rapid Pace

26% of Americans are now non-religious - a full quarter of the nation. So we are having no issue getting people to drop their belief in Christianity (and Islam and Hinduism) and embrace atheistic empiricism. In our lifetime we will probably see the non-religious Americans become a majority as Christianity becomes a minority. America will become secular with a Christian minority.

Its almost like there is no god at all trying to stop us.....
Unsupported assertion

Lighthearted Atheist

Sadly, on that particular poster, the ship sailed long ago. Anybody who's been here more than a week could have told you.
I know. However I find it amusing to engage for some reason. When it stops being fun for me I'll stop. But for now I enjoy taking ferengi's posts at face value and answer them honestly.

Its like training for talking to my teenagers :)

ferengi

I linked to the Pew Center article that details their research, methodology, and analysis. Pew is highly respected.
So this is nothing but an argument from authority. Is this as accurate as your opinion polls that said hillary would win?
This may be the single most supported post on CARM right now.
LOL - you never support anything - LOL
Either you do not understand what unsupported means or you really are a troll - which is it I wonder?
Loaded question - false dichotomy - childish ad hominem

Lighthearted Atheist

So this is nothing but an argument from authority. Is this as accurate as your opinion polls that said hillary would win?
If you think the detailed statistical analysis of the Pew center is an Argument from Authority then you either do not understand that fallacy or your are trolling. Either way you can take or leave the Pew data as you like.

It will not change the fact that Christianity is losing members to atheism at an astonishing rate - even Christian leadership acknowledges it. As far back as 2014 churches and pastors across the nation acknowledged this and spoke openly about it - here is a good example of a pastor espousing ways to keep people from leaving Christianity:

Why Young People Leave the Church

Either way your refusal of the Pew data will not impact reality.

ferengi

Lighthearted Atheist

Unsupported assertion - and it means nothing - it does not prove atheism true
Correct. The Pew research proves that people are leaving the Christian faith in record numbers and the non-believer and atheist numbers are growing faster that ever in American history. At this rate Christians will be a minority in America in our lifetime.

It says nothing about if it is right or wrong. It says nothing about atheism or Christianity being true.

It just supports the well know fact that people are leaving Christianity in droves.

Lighthearted Atheist

Like the polling that proved hildabeast won the election?
I do not recall any polls about a hildabeast winning an election. I know that the polls accurately predicted Biden winning the last election in a landslide defeat of Donald Trump 306 electoral votes to 232 electoral votes and polls accurately predicted Biden winning the popular vote by a record 7 million votes. The polls all predicted that pretty accurately - no polls had Trump winning.

However, the Pew research methodology is sound, peer reviewed, transparent and open to analysis, and about as good as it gets. Feel free to reject it. It will not make people stop leaving Christianity for atheism in record numbers :)

Electric Skeptic

I know. However I find it amusing to engage for some reason. When it stops being fun for me I'll stop. But for now I enjoy taking ferengi's posts at face value and answer them honestly.

Its like training for talking to my teenagers :)
It would have been good training for my nine-year old...four or five years ago.

You can't talk reasonably with someone who just keeps responding with the same "prove it" to everything you say. It's like a child repeating 'Why?" incessantly. All it does is prove that the person has no interest at all in actual discussion or debate.