What's the need?

imJRR

After studying the Bible for more than 40 years using various versions, I can state that there is no Christian belief/doctrine that is found in the KJV that threatened or omitted in modern versions. Over the years, I've asked KJVONLYists to name one that is, and the result has been total failure on their part.

There has been an example of that here on this forum: A KJVONLYist recently posted the suggestion (accusation) that one of the MV's deleted the idea of Jesus "purchasing" our salvation with His blood. The appeal was made to Acts 20:28. While it is true, that one of the MV's does have the word "obtained" instead of "purchased" - That very same version (ESV), for both 1 Cor. 6:20 and 1 Pet. 1:18-19 does indeed communicate very clearly and definitely that Christians have been "bought" or "purchased".

In view of this, it is not an over-statement to say that more honest research into MV's by KJVONLYites would go a loooong way in terms of better discussions.

For all the accusing KJVONLYists do about MV's being "inferior" or "corrupt" or whatever – Again: A truly honest and fair comparison study shows that there's no Christian belief/teaching in the KJV that's not also in the MV's. A person may be saved and grow as a believer in Christ by reading the KJV or the NASB, NIV, ESV, NKJV, and/or others, or by hearing proclamation from them.

This begs a question (at least one): How does this not make the need for the KJVONLY movement itself equal to the need of putting a bicycle kickstand on a submarine?

And then there is the "down side" of what the KJVONLY movement does to those involved in it. But, that's another subject and discussion.

imJRR

I believe there is a possibility that the KJVONLYists on this forum may have me blocked. If so, it might be helpful if non-KJVONLYists responded.

logos1560

I believe there is a possibility that the KJVONLYists on this forum may have me blocked.

Most KJV-only advocates refuse to engage in any serious, fair discussion on the issue of Bible translations.

Some KJV-only advocates may also have me on ignore or else they are just avoiding or dodging my posts that point out inconsistencies and errors in their unproven allegations and claims.

RiJoRi

I believe there is a possibility that the KJVONLYists on this forum may have me blocked. If so, it might be helpful if non-KJVONLYists responded.
Maybe our "talks" have made them change their minds? OK, so I'm an optimist!
I have seen L-Neck over in the RCC section...

--Rich

Calvinism (in it's extreme double-predestination forms) is better served in the critical text and its subsequent translations. Take for example Romans 3:22 .... peruse this one and get back to me.

imJRR

Calvinism (in it's extreme double-predestination forms) is better served in the critical text and its subsequent translations. Take for example Romans 3:22 .... peruse this one and get back to me.

??

Maybe I haven't had enough coffee, but I think I need you to elaborate a bit more regarding what you're saying and how it relates to the o.p. of this thread.

logos1560

Calvinism (in it's extreme double-predestination forms) is better served in the critical text and its subsequent translations.
Others have seen a greater bias for Calvinism in Beza's New Testaments (Greek and Latin), in the Geneva Bible, and in the KJV.

??

Maybe I haven't had enough coffee, but I think I need you to elaborate a bit more regarding what you're saying and how it relates to the o.p. of this thread.
From the OP: "After studying the Bible for more than 40 years using various versions, I can state that there is no Christian belief/doctrine that is found in the KJV that threatened or omitted in modern versions."

imJRR

From the OP: "After studying the Bible for more than 40 years using various versions, I can state that there is no Christian belief/doctrine that is found in the KJV that threatened or omitted in modern versions."

I'm sorry, but I'm still not seeing what you're saying. Please elaborate.

imJRR

I don't believe there was ever any response from a KJVONLYist to the original post, so I would like to put this up again.

logos1560

Calvinism (in it's extreme double-predestination forms) is better served in the critical text and its subsequent translations.

Some have claimed that the Geneva Bible and the KJV are favorable to Calvinism or have been influenced by Calvinism in some translation decisions. Back in the 1600's, it was claimed by a chaplain of KJV translator George Abbott that the KJV was biased towards Calvinism.

Steven Avery

Back in the 1600's, it was claimed by a chaplain of KJV translator George Abbott that the KJV was biased towards Calvinism.

Vague. Abbott had more than one chaplain over the years. Who was it and what did he actually say? If you don't know, then give whatever source you have.

robycop3

We must remember, the KJVO myth was invented by SATAN to cause strife & dissent among/between congregations, and PROOF of that is in the earthly origin of its present version, and in its fruits.

That myth was drawn from a CULT OFFICIAL'S book, which was legally but dishonestly plagiarized by two dishonest authors, one of which failed to acknowledge the author of that first book at all, and the second, which at least acknowledged him, but was careful to not mention his CULT AFFILIATION. Using modern media, those authors hawked their boox and KJVO, til a myth developed among the general population, & a whole new genre of literature came about. And more dishonest KJVO authors came about, such Gail ("God And") Riplinger.

Some people believe their garbage without bothering to check its VERACITY. And others become completely in thrall to the KJVO myth so badly that only the HOLY SPIRIT can bring them out of it. They pay no heed to the FACT that there's absolutely NO SCRIPTURAL SUPPORT for KJVO, not by the smallest quark of the least implication. And NO doctrine of faith/worship not found in Scripture, either directly, or by clear implication, can be true!

And we see the FRUITS of the KJVO myth every day-strife & dissent, which has caused some congregations to split up, big arguments such as found all over the internet, and the casting of doubt upon God's word, both by heaping false aspersions on newer English Bible translations, & with the extremism of some casting doubt upon the KJV as an "idiots' or demagogues' version".

Thus, the SATANIC origin of the KJVO myth is easily seen ! No Christian should believe it!

We must remember, the KJVO myth was invented by SATAN to cause strife & dissent among/between congregations, and PROOF of that is in the earthly origin of its present version, and in its fruits.

That myth was drawn from a CULT OFFICIAL'S book, which was legally but dishonestly plagiarized by two dishonest authors, one of which failed to acknowledge the author of that first book at all, and the second, which at least acknowledged him, but was careful to not mention his CULT AFFILIATION. Using modern media, those authors hawked their boox and KJVO, til a myth developed among the general population, & a whole new genre of literature came about. And more dishonest KJVO authors came about, such Gail ("God And") Riplinger.

Some people believe their garbage without bothering to check its VERACITY. And others become completely in thrall to the KJVO myth so badly that only the HOLY SPIRIT can bring them out of it. They pay no heed to the FACT that there's absolutely NO SCRIPTURAL SUPPORT for KJVO, not by the smallest quark of the least implication. And NO doctrine of faith/worship not found in Scripture, either directly, or by clear implication, can be true!

And we see the FRUITS of the KJVO myth every day-strife & dissent, which has caused some congregations to split up, big arguments such as found all over the internet, and the casting of doubt upon God's word, both by heaping false aspersions on newer English Bible translations, & with the extremism of some casting doubt upon the KJV as an "idiots' or demagogues' version".

Thus, the SATANIC origin of the KJVO myth is easily seen ! No Christian should believe it!
Again to refresh my memory and so there's no misunderstanding, I would enjoy seeing YOUR clear and concise definition of "KJVO".

Many thanks,

imJRR

Again to refresh my memory and so there's no misunderstanding, I would enjoy seeing YOUR clear and concise definition of "KJVO".

Many thanks,

I do not speak for robycop, but I can say that a KJVONLYist who has posted here has stated that the KJV is the only Bible that has "God's words" in it and is the only Bible with "God's stamp of approval". Those are his very words for the KJV. Will that work, at least for starters?

RiJoRi

Rich,

I mean this in the nicest way possible. Are you High? 🌿 LOL

You are a treasure!
😁 That is funny! (The High part) I managed to navigate the trippy hippy years (my teens, BC) without getting entangled in that mess. Looking back, I see God's hand of mercy on me.

Thanks! 💚
--Rich

JDS

When someone is as confused as you, I could not prove the sky is blue!
These guys are here because they are safe among themselves. They think that preaching a message about God without any authority from him gives us the impression that somehow their doctrine of paraphrase, dynamic equivalence, condensing and optimization does not need a scriptural authority. They do not think the warnings of the scriptures, like Re 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
18 For I (Jesus in context) testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God (Jehovah) shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God (Jehovah) shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

applies to them. They do not think God will send them to hell for changing his testimony and they actually preach that it is in the ability of so called bible scholars who have populated scores of translation committees, producing scores of translations from many different translation and doctrinal perspectives and philosophies and with variants of as many as 65,000 words among the translations without compromising a single truth that God gave by inspiration while at the same time making sure we understand that none of their translations are inspired and God had nothing to do with their production. If that is not arrogance and a claim to godhood it will certainly do until the real thing comes along. The disciples of this philosophy tell us they are the smartest people in the room for believing such nonsense.

I will produce a KJV text that warns us of the hazards of living in this present evil age and will remind us of how important it is to be vigilant and circumspect as we walk through this maze called life.

2 Cor 11:1 Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me.
2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.
3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.
5 For I suppose I was not a whit behind the very chiefest apostles.
6 But though I be rude in speech, yet not in knowledge; but we have been throughly made manifest among you in all things.
7 Have I committed an offence in abasing myself that ye might be exalted, because I have preached to you the gospel of God freely? (NOTE: the gospel of God is the good news to all nations and people that Jehovah has provided through the death burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ a way for each and every one of us to be saved from our sins, which is the second death in the lake of fire, and has sent the apostle Paul to write his instructions for living for those of us who believe in 13 letters with this gospel of God theme)

Look at the enemy and how he circumvents the truth.

Remember, there were false apostles in the church at Corinth who were accusing Paul of not really being an apostle while claiming they were and leading disciples after them. He was forced to defend his calling to them.

13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

The authority line is where Satan finds us most vulnerable. Before the writing of the NT scriptures (2 Cor was written in 54 AD, the sixth of the NT letters), Satan attacked the apostle Paul.

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.
31 Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.

May the Lord be exalted in the person of his wonderful Son, the Lord Jesus Christ and his testimony of 8 eye witnesses who wrote the words of the NT scriptures.

robycop3

Many thanks,
"KJVO" stands for "King James Version Only". And a KJVO is a person who believes, or at least pushes the doctrine, that the KJV is the only valid English Bible translation out there, and that no other version is valid.

This is different from "King James Version PREFERRED", people who believe the KJV is the best version out there, but not the only valid one.

The KJVO doctrine, is, of course, false, & is only a man-made myth with NO Scriptural support.