What's the need?

JDS

LOL! I have stated my position many times and very clearly for any and all to read right here on this thread and others - And because of that, it is open, blatant falsehood for you to post I have not.
No, no you have not stated a scriptural position if that is what you mean by stating your position. You have stated your own opinion over and over again. We know why KJV only is wrong according to you but we do not know why it is wrong according to God in his scriptures. You have not offered that information and you have not tried to prove why you are right by believing in your optimizations, dynamic equivalences, condensed versions, and paraphrases and why you insist they are not inspired by God yet they are all equally as good as the inspired original language manuscripts from which they are produced. (except for maybe the paraphrases) and why I and others should follow your lead and do the same. You are asking us to change what we believe about the bible without laying out a bible reason for it.

What if the apostle Peter or the apostle Paul preached to the Jews that they should abandon the law of Moses as the operative principle of divine dealing without explaining to them how Jesus Christ fulfilled the law of Moses and now they should follow him? They did it with the scriptures. All you have done so far in your rants is to tell me I am wrong without any divine authority and to suggest you are right to follow the dictates of your own appetites and all others should believe what you believe simply because you and other people believes them.

I am not buying that philosophy. You are presenting yourself as a prophet of God.

imJRR

JDS wrote: No, no you have not stated a scriptural position if that is what you mean by stating your position.

# Nope - Wrong as usual. My scriptural position has been stated numerous times. It is that there is not any scriptural support whatsoever for KJVONLYism. There is not and never has been any post by you that refutes that because it is irrefutable. You might imagine you have done so, but in terms of fact, reality, and truth, this has never happened and never will. Alllll the verses you have ever typed - NONE of them point to or support KJVONLYism - It is pure imagination to think/believe that they do.

You have stated your own opinion over and over again. We know why KJV only is wrong according to you but we do not know why it is wrong according to God in his scriptures.

# See above. It's not according to me – The Bible itself has no support whatsoever for KJVONLYism; and therefore has no support from God. KJVONLYism is just an imaginary belief. Your posts have never shown otherwise, and that's because they cannot - You cannot produce what does not exist.

You have not offered that information and you have not tried to prove why you are right by believing in your optimizations, dynamic equivalences, condensed versions, and paraphrases and why you insist they are not inspired by God yet they are all equally as good as the inspired original language manuscripts from which they are produced. (except for maybe the paraphrases) and why I and others should follow your lead and do the same. You are asking us to change what we believe about the bible without laying out a bible reason for it.

# Nope - Wrong again. What I've said is that KJVONLYism is nothing but an imaginary belief that leads to gnosticism in both doctrine and behavior. And no post by you has ever been able to refute that because you cannot provide refutation that does not exist. Actually, on the one thread, your own posts confirm what I've stated. We definitely should go back to that thread - There is MUCH there that remains very unanswered.

What if the apostle Peter or the apostle Paul preached to the Jews that they should abandon the law of Moses as the operative principle of divine dealing without explaining to them how Jesus Christ fulfilled the law of Moses and now they should follow him? They did it with the scriptures. All you have done so far in your rants is to tell me I am wrong without any divine authority and to suggest you are right to follow the dictates of your own appetites and all others should believe what you believe simply because you and other people believes them. I am not buying that philosophy. You are presenting yourself as a prophet of God.

# Nope - Wrong again. I'm simply presenting truths that none of your posts have ever been able to refute in any way: There is no divine authority or scriptural support for KJVONLYism, except in the imaginations of KJVONLYists. Your posts have never shown/proven otherwise, and they never will - You can't produce evidence that never has and does not exist.

# You see, JDS - This is the challenge for you: Provide proof that KJVONLYism is not mere and sheer imagination. But the problem is, you can't point to the Bible for any proof that it is not, because there is no verse or passages that supports or promotes KJVONLYism. KJVONLYists only IMAGINE that there is, and you have never and cannot refute that. There is nothing "real" when it comes to KJVONLYism.

Last edited:

logos1560

I am wrong without any divine authority and to suggest you are right to follow the dictates of your own appetites and all others should believe what you believe simply because you and other people believes them.

I am not buying that philosophy. You are presenting yourself as a prophet of God.

You would seem to be guilty of what you accuse others since your posts suggest that you assume that you are right to follow the dictates of your own subjective opinions and all others should believe what you believe simply because you believe them even though the Scriptures do not state your opinions concerning the KJV. You have no divine authority for your modern, non-scriptural KJV-only opinions concerning the KJV.

Beloved Daughter

😁 That is funny! (The High part) I managed to navigate the trippy hippy years (my teens, BC) without getting entangled in that mess. Looking back, I see God's hand of mercy on me.

Thanks! 💚
--Rich

I'm relieved because I thought there was a chance you wouldn't understand. I considered using the leaves, er. . . oregano, but determined it couldn't add anything positive to my life. Even more remarkable is that my mom never used it either. She grew up in the late 60s and admits to listening to Cheech and Chong!!! Good role models are hard to come by in today's world.