When Describing the Attributes of God, is it accurate to say His attributes are "Innate?"

God’s Innate Non-moral Attributes​

The innate qualities of absolute Deity those features that are uniquely divine. These attributes are possessed by three sacred personalities, identified in the New Testament as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

These three persons are one in nature. Each is Deity, yet they are distinct in personality.

What are these attributes?

First, God is eternal in nature.

There was never a time when he did not exist. He simply is the great “I AM” (Ex. 3:14). He is limited neither by time nor space. He is, and always will be.

This is awesome beyond our present ability to fully grasp, yet there it is.

Second, our Creator is omnipresent. There is no place that is not in his presence.

As Paul declared, the Lord “is not far from each one of us” (Acts 17:27). All things are “naked and laid open before” before his eyes (Heb. 4:13).

When scripture speaks of Jehovah’s “eyes,” “ears,” or “arms,” biblical writers are employing a figure of speech known as anthropomorphism.

This is where, for clarity’s sake, human traits are used to illustrate various attributes of the Almighty.

Next, the Lord is omniscient. This is an expression indicating that God knows everything there is to know, past, present, and future.

Scripture states: “The eyes of Jehovah are in every place, keeping watch upon the evil and the good” (Prov. 15:3).

No one can fathom God himself or fully appreciate the deeds of the all-knowing Creator (Jer. 23:23-25).

The Old Testament contains more than three hundred divine prophecies detailing the coming of Christ and certain events pertaining to him.

Jehovah is omnipotent. He possesses limitless power. He can do anything consistent with his holy nature, but he cannot sin or act unjustly in any fashion (Jas. 1:13).

He will never do anything contrary to his holy nature. And he cannot simply ignore sin (Hab. 1:13), nor will he yield to evil (Heb. 6:18). https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/1481-gods-amazing-qualities

hope this helps !!!

God’s Innate Non-moral Attributes​

The innate qualities of absolute Deity those features that are uniquely divine. These attributes are possessed by three sacred personalities, identified in the New Testament as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

These three persons are one in nature. Each is Deity, yet they are distinct in personality.

What are these attributes?

First, God is eternal in nature.

There was never a time when he did not exist. He simply is the great “I AM” (Ex. 3:14). He is limited neither by time nor space. He is, and always will be.

This is awesome beyond our present ability to fully grasp, yet there it is.

Second, our Creator is omnipresent. There is no place that is not in his presence.

As Paul declared, the Lord “is not far from each one of us” (Acts 17:27). All things are “naked and laid open before” before his eyes (Heb. 4:13).

When scripture speaks of Jehovah’s “eyes,” “ears,” or “arms,” biblical writers are employing a figure of speech known as anthropomorphism.

This is where, for clarity’s sake, human traits are used to illustrate various attributes of the Almighty.

Next, the Lord is omniscient. This is an expression indicating that God knows everything there is to know, past, present, and future.

Scripture states: “The eyes of Jehovah are in every place, keeping watch upon the evil and the good” (Prov. 15:3).

No one can fathom God himself or fully appreciate the deeds of the all-knowing Creator (Jer. 23:23-25).

The Old Testament contains more than three hundred divine prophecies detailing the coming of Christ and certain events pertaining to him.

Jehovah is omnipotent. He possesses limitless power. He can do anything consistent with his holy nature, but he cannot sin or act unjustly in any fashion (Jas. 1:13).

He will never do anything contrary to his holy nature. And he cannot simply ignore sin (Hab. 1:13), nor will he yield to evil (Heb. 6:18). https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/1481-gods-amazing-qualities

hope this helps !!!
I don't often appeal to authority, but seeing as how often do, I'll make an exception today.

In this link, Wayne Grudem, in his Systematic Theology, asserts "Wrath" is an attribute of God. ?

Nope see my last post refuting the OPs lack of knowledge with innate
LOL. You deny wrath is an eternal attribute of God. Rather, you assert the wrath of God did not exist until creation [sic], which is also wrong. I think you meant to say, "the fall "

Be that as it may, your position renders God, MUTABLE, which is not Biblical.

That is to say, are God's attributes are present within Him from Birth? Or is that oxymoronic? ... @Chalcedon

God's wrath is a consequence of opposing Him. That said; to believers God's wrath is a righteous indignation that corrects them, hence it is a apart of His love that corrects His children. But to a unbeliever God's wrath is seen as a consuming fire.

So, I think there is a argument to be made that God's wrath to believers in being the source of our correction, that His wrath is a part of His love for His children. And in that being the case making His wrath innate/intrinsic in nature and its application towards His children a part of His attribute of love.

That was a great video even though I do not like to listen to calvie teachers . He is right about wrath not an attribute of God.
That's absurd. You expect me to believe that when sin appeared, God was suddenly aware of Wrath. That's completely nonsensical and indicates a new, attitude that God never had before making God mutable. God was eternally wrathful toward sin; God eternally knew about sin. Wrath toward sin is attribute of the character of God.

Wrath is what He does not who He is. Love is who God is not wrath . Wrath is a reaction to sin by His attribute of being Holy . God is Holy, God is Love. God is not wrath .

Well a lot of attributes are what God does.

God is not made up of knowledge, he knows all things.

God is not made up of omnipresence, or justice, or mercy, these are things God does.

Back