When I die I am going straight to... the post office?

The Pixie

Well that is what a certain poster, let us call him wriggly stiggly, has said.

Again you fail to explain what your actual position is on hell.

Why is that stiggy?

If you have a good argument here, you would present. You would be able to say exactly what your beliefs are on this issue. But again and again you fail to do.
It's where you are bound.
I told him I was heading to the post office that afternoon (actually a sub post office that is part of a shop in fact).

Ah, so it is the post office at the end of the road. Thanks for making your position on hell clear,

I always thought it would be utterly ridiculous, and you do not disappoint.

Are you going to stick with that, or do you may be want to reconsider?
He sticks with it, rather than clarify:

Post offices cause you to weep and gnash your teeth?

Too many creditors in your PO box?

Been there.
Is that right? Am I going to the post office when I die?

If not, why is wriggly stiggly so reluctant to explain his position? He again and again assures me I am going to hell - but can never bring himself to say exactly what that means or how God judges who goes to hell.

Does wriggly stiggly not know? Then how can he be so sure about me?

All I can assume is that his beliefs on this are even more ridiculous that saying I am going to the post office, and he is embarrassed to admit them.

And that brings me to a wider issue of Christians refusing to explain. Has anyone else experienced this? They insist you are wrong, they insist you do not understand Christianity, but refuse to explain. There is a great example here.

Of course we do not understand if you choose not to explain.

Furion

Am I going to the post office when I die?

As a good little scientist, accounting for all relevant factors, conditions and possible outcomes, this could be an easy test.

First, die....

Then, if you wake up in line with the crazy cat lady and the town drunk, you'll know you've arrived at your local junk mail delivery service. Rain or shine the coupons will come.

Report back with your findings, you intrepid junk mailer you...

stiggy wiggy

I told him I was heading to the post office that afternoon (actually a sub post office that is part of a shop in fact).

If not, why is wriggly stiggly so reluctant to explain his position? He again and again assures me I am going to hell - but can never bring himself to say exactly what that means or how God judges who goes to hell.

All I can assume is that his beliefs on this are even more ridiculous that saying I am going to the post office, and he is embarrassed to admit them.

And that brings me to a wider issue of Christians refusing to explain. Has anyone else experienced this? They insist you are wrong, they insist you do not understand Christianity, but refuse to explain. There is a great example here.

This wiggly stiggly guy sounds like an idiot. Show me where he said you're going to go to a post office when you die and we'll go after the silly man together. Does the Postmaster General in your town moonlight as an undertaker? I haven't got an advanced copy of the Lamb's Book of Life, but based on your posts here, I'd guess you're bound for hell when you die, not the post office. You can always hope you'll be stamped:

RETURN TO SENDER

Otherwise, you'll get:

A HUNKA-HUNKA BURNIN' LOVE

Don't get all shook up about it..

Algor

To the post office?

Pretty judgemental, if you ask me.

Of course, some of the pagan gods are way worse, and would send you to the DMV. Maybe that's why they say Jesus is Love. Anything is better than the DMV.

The Pixie

This wiggly stiggly guy sounds like an idiot.
If the shoe fits...

Show me where he said you're going to go to a post office when you die and we'll go after the silly man together.
I already did. I quoted it, with links, in the OP.

Does the Postmaster General in your town moonlight as an undertaker? I haven't got an advanced copy of the Lamb's Book of Life, but based on your posts here, I'd guess you're bound for hell when you die, not the post office. You can always hope you'll be stamped:

RETURN TO SENDER

Otherwise, you'll get:

A HUNKA-HUNKA BURNIN' LOVE

Don't get all shook up about it..
Certainly nothing here to suggest wiggly stiggly has any less embarrassing beliefs about hell.[/quote]

Howie

Pixie is making up stuff again. Accuracy is not his forte.

Whatsisface

Pixie...

...in reply...
Pixie is making up stuff again. Accuracy is not his forte.

*Sigh*

The Pixie

I'm a size 10. But 9 1/2 will do if you're shopping for me.

No you didn't. Let me make it easy for you:

Fill in the blank:

"Stiggywiggy said that when I die I'm going to a post office when he said, '__________________________'."

Good luck.
See the OP. You specifically said hell is where I was bound, and I was bound for the post office. I asked if you wanted to revise your answer to what is hell, you chose not to.

I will give you a third chance to explain your beliefs: What is your position on hell, stiggy? What is it? Who goes there? Why? For how long?

If you choose to answer I will accept that you do not think I am going to the post office when I die, which I will admit does seem odd. But if not, I will assume you are sticking with the post office answer, and feel free to bring that up every time you mention hell, and will link to this thread. Your choice stiggy.

Dizerner

I will give you a third chance to explain your beliefs: What is your position on hell, stiggy? What is it? Who goes there? Why? For how long?

I hope you know I don't agree with the style of many of the "evangelistic" efforts by unkind Christians, but I want to make sure you know what the Bible says hell is and how to avoid it.

The OT & NT agree that those who have transgressed (fancy word for done things that are morally wrong to God) against God will go to a place where "their worm does not die and their fire is not quenched," Isaiah 66:24 & Mark 9:44. This indicates the unending nature of the punishment.

Jesus described this place as originally made for the devil:

Then He will also say to those on the left hand,`Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: (Mat 25:41 NKJ)

John describes this place as torment:

He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. (Rev 14:10 NKJ)

Jesus said this place was worse than anything a human being could even theoretically do to another:

And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. (Mat 10:28 NKJ)

Paul said that all have sinned and Jesus said no one is good but God. The way out is quite simple, as the Holy Spirit moves upon the heart and speaks these truths, all we have to do is simply accept the provision made for our sins in the Lord Jesus, that he lived a perfect human life on our behalf and then suffered in our place for the sins we deserve. It need be nothing more formal than a prayer asking Christ to save you, and that simple humility alters your eternal destiny, and will resurrect your spiritual side to become alive again and change your desires.

that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Rom 10:9 NKJ)

Yes, we are naturally offended at the ways of God, yes, we naturally gravitate to unbelief, but this is the simple and easy way to know for sure you can avoid hell, by simply asking Christ to save you and trusting his sacrifice is enough for you. It will work, and it will change you whether you feel it or not. It will give you the power and desire to continue to change for the better.

God bless.

The Pixie

I hope you know I don't agree with the style of many of the "evangelistic" efforts by unkind Christians, but I want to make sure you know what the Bible says hell is and how to avoid it.
Thanks for making that clear - and for pointing out it is all there in the Bible. I will not respond to specific points as we are already discussing that on another thread (unless there is anything you want to discuss here?).

stiggy wiggy

See the OP. You specifically said hell is where I was bound,

Partially correct. I said that was my guess.

and I was bound for the post office

WRONG! YOU said you were bound for the post office, not I. You really ARE flustered, aren't you. Confusing me with you.

I asked if you wanted to revise your answer to what is hell, you chose not to.

Correct. I still choose not to.

I will give you a third chance to explain your beliefs:

Why? By your own admission above I already explained them, otherwise I couldn't REVISE them, O flustered one.

MMDAN

Speaking of going to the post office when you die, check out what one particular rural carrier uses as her vehicle while delivering mail. o_O

6CEEBF3C-88E3-4DB9-8D40-1CB6B9DDAEED.jpeg

Furion

Thanks for making that clear - and for pointing out it is all there in the Bible. I will not respond to specific points as we are already discussing that on another thread (unless there is anything you want to discuss here?).
I would like to very kindly say, with much emotional care and with passive words of serene tranquility that it's all in there.