When some on the far left ask for evidence from others, they only accept evidence produced by those on the far left. How is that when the others are..

john james

When some on the far left ask for evidence from others, they only accept evidence produced by those on the far left. How is that when the others are debating the fat left? How can others debate the far left with evidence from the far left?

Is this a trap of the far left? Are they making it seem like they only have what's right? Is the far left setting it up so once in their tribe, its hard to be given evidence for them to change the way they see things?

Attachments

• 20210117_134640.jpg
    20210117_134640.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 1

Temujin

The point of being "far left" or indeed "far right" is that you are at the extreme end of the bell curve. If you are defining everyone to the left of you as "far left", either you are moderately left wing yourself, or you are confused. If those you describe in your op really are far left, then even if they behave as you describe, then no harm is done. Just as those on the far right only listen to arguments they agree with, they will build a little silo for themselves out in the wilderness.

If however what you call the far left is actually mainstream society, then it is you who are out of step. The evidence you refuse to look at is in fact genuine. The evidence you prefer is the evidence tainted by extremism. Let's be clear here. Are you describing everyone who voted for Biden, all 81 million of them, to be the far left?

john james

The point of being "far left" or indeed "far right" is that you are at the extreme end of the bell curve. If you are defining everyone to the left of you as "far left", either you are moderately left wing yourself, or you are confused. If those you describe in your op really are far left, then even if they behave as you describe, then no harm is done. Just as those on the far right only listen to arguments they agree with, they will build a little silo for themselves out in the wilderness.

If however what you call the far left is actually mainstream society, then it is you who are out of step. The evidence you refuse to look at is in fact genuine. The evidence you prefer is the evidence tainted by extremism. Let's be clear here. Are you describing everyone who voted for Biden, all 81 million of them, to be the far left?
No. Is all MSM reliable that is on the left?

Temujin

No. Is all MSM reliable that is on the left?
I'm not sure what you mean. MSM has become a term of abuse, like "liberal". Watch the media you trust, but be prepared to question it, particularly if it is out of step with other sources. Opinion is not the same thing as news. TV footage and interviews give you raw facts, whoever has filmed them. If footage or interviews aren't shown on your channel but are everywhere else, why is that?

john james

I'm not sure what you mean. MSM has become a term of abuse, like "liberal". Watch the media you trust, but be prepared to question it, particularly if it is out of step with other sources. Opinion is not the same thing as news. TV footage and interviews give you raw facts, whoever has filmed them. If footage or interviews aren't shown on your channel but are everywhere else, why is that?
Is it possible that everywhere else could have the same agenda?

Temujin

Is it possible that everywhere else could have the same agenda?
If everywhere else is saying the same thing, then you can be sure that it is not far left. If everyone is saying it then it will be duh, mainstream.

And no, I don't think that's possible in America. If a substantial number of customers are not being catered for, someone will move in to meet their needs. If you are not being catered for, it means not many people think like you.

Media does not decide what people think. What people think determines what media they get.

Buzzard

Media does not decide what people think. What people think determines what media they get.
OH. tell that to Corporate America that spends Billion upon Billions a year in advertising
to convince the watching audience that they need a certain product.
to live a certain lifestyle

Appeal to a persons Ego, Emotions, and Vanity and they will buy anything for any amount of money

Temujin

OH. tell that to Corporate America that spends Billion upon Billions a year in advertising

Appeal to a persons Ego, Emotions, and Vanity and they will buy anything for any amount of money
The reason advertisers spend vast amount of money is because the TV audiences are vast. The reason the TV audiences are vast is because the network broadcasts what the audience wants to see. No advertiser is going to spend billions advertising on a network with an agenda but no audience.

Ignatius

When some on the far left ask for evidence from others, they only accept evidence produced by those on the far left. How is that when the others are debating the fat left? How can others debate the far left with evidence from the far left?

Is this a trap of the far left? Are they making it seem like they only have what's right? Is the far left setting it up so once in their tribe, its hard to be given evidence for them to change the way they see things?
Isn't it funny that only evidence from left wing sources is acceptable to them?

Ignatius

If everywhere else is saying the same thing, then you can be sure that it is not far left. If everyone is saying it then it will be duh, mainstream.

And no, I don't think that's possible in America. If a substantial number of customers are not being catered for, someone will move in to meet their needs. If you are not being catered for, it means not many people think like you.

Bullsh it So if media doesn't decide what people think they why aren't lame brain media outlets objective? If media does not decide how people think then why ban things? The fact is the dingbat left depends on media to make people decide and they HATE any opposing point of view. That's why they ban things they don't like. The lame brain media is the propaganda arm of the leftist nutjobs in america.

Whateverman

Corporate America only spends billions where it's making billions. It only advertises the things consumers want-or-are-buying. It's the consumers who drive where advertising capital gets spent.

Temujin was 100% correct.

Temujin

Bullsh it So if media doesn't decide what people think they why aren't lame brain media outlets objective? If media does not decide how people think then why ban things? The fact is the dingbat left depends on media to make people decide and they HATE any opposing point of view. That's why they ban things they don't like. The lame brain media is the propaganda arm of the leftist nutjobs in america.
I don't know why media in the US isn't more objective. Presumably because the viewing public is more resistant to being told what they don't want to hear. Fox changed direction. Did it persuade its viewers to go with it? No. So how can you say that the media drives what people think. The truth is that you see most of the media publishing stuff you don't believe, but you can't bring yourself to belief that most people do believe it. So you invent an evil media conspiracy to misinform the public.

Ignatius

I don't know why media in the US isn't more objective. Presumably because the viewing public is more resistant to being told what they don't want to hear. Fox changed direction. Did it persuade its viewers to go with it? No. So how can you say that the media drives what people think. The truth is that you see most of the media publishing stuff you don't believe, but you can't bring yourself to belief that most people do believe it. So you invent an evil media conspiracy to misinform the public.
The rise of Fox is clear enough evidence that the lame brain media is not objective. I have no problem hearing things I don't want to hear if I believe if it comes from an objective source. If it's not objective then it's pressing an agenda. Only a moron could watch network news and CNN and MSNBC and thing it's objective.

Temujin

The rise of Fox is clear enough evidence that the lame brain media is not objective. I have no problem hearing things I don't want to hear if I believe if it comes from an objective source. If it's not objective then it's pressing an agenda. Only a moron could watch network news and CNN and MSNBC and thing it's objective.
Many people would say that only a moron would think that Fox was objective.

Temujin

Where did I say it was objective? Try reading the line again and get back to me.
Where did I say that you did. My point is that there are media on both sides of the equation because the media are chasing viewers who are on both sides.

Ignatius

Where did I say that you did. My point is that there are media on both sides of the equation because the media are chasing viewers who are on both sides.
And they are wrong to do so. News should be objective so people can make up their own minds. The LAST thing the lame brain media wants is people making up their own minds. Fox rose up as a result of the increasing movement of the lane brain media to the left.

Temujin

And they are wrong to do so. News should be objective so people can make up their own minds. The LAST thing the lame brain media wants is people making up their own minds. Fox rose up as a result of the increasing movement of the lane brain media to the left.
Who says? We have the BBC, regulated by the government in a way that you would never accept, with a directive to be balanced and objective. Do you accept the BBC as an objective source of world news? How would you force news networks to do what they "should" do and be objective, particularly if that means losing viewers and thus advertising revenue?

Ignatius

Who says? We have the BBC, regulated by the government in a way that you would never accept, with a directive to be balanced and objective. Do you accept the BBC as an objective source of world news? How would you force news networks to do what they "should" do and be objective, particularly if that means losing viewers and thus advertising revenue?