When They Tell You What Underwear to Use - You Know You're in a Cult:

Indeed, salvation is in Jesus Christ ONLY, as Peter makes clear in Acts 2, I think it is: "Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we MUST be saved." And Peter was talking about eternal life not merely resurrection from the dead, which comes to all, regardless of what they have believed or how they lived their lives.
Mosiah 3: 17 And moreover, I say unto you, that there shall be no other name given nor any other way nor means whereby salvation can come unto the children of men, only in and through the name of Christ, the Lord Omnipotent.

Um, we never HAD a "divine nature".
We are not "progeny" of God. We are CREATIONS of God.
We no more have a "divine nature" than a clay pot has a "human" nature.

We never had a divine nature.
And we never will have a divine nature.
And when Peter speaks of children of God (not "everyone") becoming "partakers of THE divine nature", what it means is that we will be enveloped in GOD's divine nature (Rom. 1:20), not receive our own "divine natures".

Yes, he was still a son, which we know from the beginning of the parable. He had been a son BEFORE he went away, and he NEVER lost his sonship. That is the point of the parable, after all.

And what is important to note is that the prodigal is NOT symbolic of all humans, it is only symbolic of those who become adopted children of God.

It is frequently forgotten or not noticed that the prodigal is only one of THREE parables Jesus teaches in sequence:

1) lost sheep;
2) lost coin;
3) lost son;

In the parable of the lost sheep, the shepherd isn't looking for ANY stray sheep in the wilderness, but only HIS sheep, the sheep who belong to HIS flock.

In the parable of the lost coin, the woman isn't looking in her neighbour's couch for stray coins, or taking a metal detector to the beach to find someone else's lost coins, she had her OWN coins, and she lost one, and she is only looking for the one that she lost.

In the parable of the lost coin, Jesus shows us the situation from the son's perspecxtive, rather than the father's. But the father isn't running some "half-way house", he wasn't going to welcome ANYONE into his house, he welcomed the lost son BECAUSE he was his son, and despite the son's prior disdain for his father, the father never disowned him.

The parable of the prodigal has absolutely NOTHING to do with the "atonement". The man was ALREADY the father's son.

Sadly, Mormonism teaches falsehoods at every turn.
We don't become children of God by our OWN actions (eg. "deny[ing] our ungodliness"), you are here teaching a false gospel of works.

We become children of God by GOD adopting us (Rom. 8:15, Gal. 4:5, Eph. 1:5), and it is NOT by our own wills, but by the Father's:

John 1:12 But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, 13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

And that brings us right back to John 1:1, which Bonnie cited and you RAN AWAY from.
Amen!

Mosiah 3: 17 And moreover, I say unto you, that there shall be no other name given nor any other way nor means whereby salvation can come unto the children of men, only in and through the name of Christ, the Lord Omnipotent.
Mormons teach that men can become equal with God. That is the "full salvation" Mormons call exaltation. It is supposedly given to the elite Mormons (i. e. Joseph Smith). "CLEVER QUOTE" verses such as the above don't steer Mormons away from their requirements for eternal life. Using the words "in and through the name of Christ" sounds great, but Mormons do not accept the gospel revealed in the Bible.

Mormon Requirements for Eternal Liife/Salvation:

In the doctrine of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the terms “saved” and “salvation” have various meanings. As used in Romans 10:9–10, the words “saved” and “salvation” signify a covenant relationship with Jesus Christ. Through this covenant relationship, followers of Christ are assured salvation from the eternal consequences of sin if they are obedient. “Salvation” and “saved” are also used in the scriptures in other contexts with several different meanings.

Salvation from Sin. To be cleansed from sin through the Savior’s Atonement, an individual must exercise faith in Jesus Christ, repent, be baptized, and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost (see Acts 2: 37-38). Those who have been baptized and have received the Holy Ghost through the proper priesthood authority have been conditionally saved from sin. In this sense, salvation is conditional, depending on an individual’s continuing in faithfulness, or enduring to the end in keeping the [Mormon] commandments of God (see 2 Peter 2: 20-22).

3 We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the [Mormon] Gospel.
Pearl of Great Price (Mormon scriptures), Articles of Faith

Mormon types of salvation:
1. from physical death
2. from sin
3. being born again (only Mormons are)
4. from ignorance (must know Mormonism)
5. from the Second Death (not knowing the "restored gospel ---Mormonism")?
6. Eternal Life, or Exaltation. In the scriptures, the words saved and salvation often refer to eternal life, or exaltation.

Reactions: Mik
“Jesus then went into the Garden of Gethsemane. There he suffered most. He suffered greatly on the cross, of course, but other men had died by crucifixion; in fact, a man hung on either side of him as he died on the cross. But no man, nor set of men, nor all men put together, ever suffered what the Redeemer suffered in the garden. He went there to pray and suffer.”
Elder Marion G. Romney, Conference Report, October 1953, p. 35

Members of the Mormon church used to paraphrase this.

Reactions: Mik

Then why do you suppose your leaders taught me and other Mormons that the atonement took place in the Garden of Gethsemane?

Because it did.
Are you saying that the atonement took place in the Garden of Gethsemane?

Being meek is actually standing up for truth. I feel that I'm doing that.
No it is not; nor is it contending for the faith that the Bible teaches. I explained the meaning of contend. Do you still not understand the word?

Jude 3
Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

Last edited:
Don't forget John 1, where he writes that faith in Christ gives us the RIGHT to BECOME children of God.
I think it's interesting that you note that faith in Christ is necessary for the right to become children of God while you mock the call to exercise faith by keeping God's commandments. It seems to me that you all are lacking in faith.
Why would we need the right to BECOME God's children, IF we already WERE His children
That is a question you will never know the answer to so long as you continue to walk in darkness. The scriptures are clear that we are all the offspring of God and that God is the father of spirits. Both declarations have nothing to do with faith and yet, the Bible establishes that fact that you all tend to ignore.

So, with that thought in mind, and instead of ignoring the scriptures that you don't like, what do you think it means to become children of God through faith in Christ? We'll never get a coherent answer from our critics on that. All they know how to do is mock and criticize.
he supposedly procreated our spirits with some unnamed heavenly mother?
I don't know where you get that idea. As far as I can tell, that supposition is not our doctrine even though you never seem to be able to understand that. Perhaps, when you come into the light, you'll see. Until then, be careful not to stub your toe too hard.
I mean, did I need to the right to become my parents' when I already WAS, since they procreated me?
LOL. I don't think that's what you meant to say. Let me know if I get this right, what you meant to say was, "I mean, did I need the right to become my parents' child when I already WAS..."

No, you didn't. Let me repeat, we don't believe procreation had anything to do with God being the father of spirits. Spirits have always existed. "Man was also in the beginning with God. Intelligence, or the light of truth, was not created or made, neither indeed can be" (D&C 93:29). More explicitly, in case there is any confusion about what, in the beginning, means, "if there be two spirits, and one shall be more intelligent than the other, yet these two spirits, notwithstanding one is more intelligent than the other, have no beginning; they existed before, they shall have no end, they shall exist after, for they are gnolaum, or eternal." (Abraham 3:18).

God didn't create us. We are not made. We are not born through procreation.

As you can see in John 1:12, man becomes a child of God through faith, not procreation. Mortal beings, who already live, become children of God through choice (faith is choice in this context). This is the work that makes grace available to us. By grace we are saved through faith..." The rest of that passage in Eph scrapes off the works that don't make grace available to us, namely, circumcision.

Consider, for a moment, if you can, how then spirits that have always existed, how that they may become the offspring of God. It's the very same way that they become children of God as mortals. It's not rocket science. No procreation is necessary and the procreation of spirits in our doctrine was never taught. You will note that in all your failed attempts to provide evidence otherwise, we use the same language that we find in John 1:12. Imagine that, children but not through procreation.

You may have problems with the idea that we become fo the offspring of God twice, but I don't. Once as a spirit and then again as a mortal. The mortal has no recollection of the former choice, but we do have scriptures that tell us that we made that choice because it tells us that we are all the offspring of God.

Ask the Bible, BoJ, or didn't you think of it? Where does it say that Jesus atoned for sins in the Garden of Gethsemane? Oh, that's right, it doesn't. It's only because Satan hates the CROSS SO MUCH that Mormons, led astray by this monstrous, evil Satanic spirit, have disowned the cross and pretend that the "Atonement," (these cultists don't dare mention the shedding of Blood, all cults hate the Blood of Christ) took place mostly in the Garden. There's really no use arguing with them - they have sold their souls to the one who most hates the BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST. Mormon hearts are hardened against the CROSS, and this, alone, condemns them to an eternity of darkness.

Last edited:
Mormons teach that men can become equal with God.
Well, that we can become one with Him. Definitely.
That is the "full salvation" Mormons call exaltation. It is supposedly given to the elite Mormons (i. e. Joseph Smith). "CLEVER QUOTE" verses such as the above don't steer Mormons away from their requirements for eternal life. Using the words "in and through the name of Christ" sounds great, but Mormons do not accept the gospel revealed in the Bible.

Mormon Requirements for Eternal Liife/Salvation:

In the doctrine of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the terms “saved” and “salvation” have various meanings. As used in Romans 10:9–10, the words “saved” and “salvation” signify a covenant relationship with Jesus Christ. Through this covenant relationship, followers of Christ are assured salvation from the eternal consequences of sin if they are obedient. “Salvation” and “saved” are also used in the scriptures in other contexts with several different meanings.

Salvation from Sin. To be cleansed from sin through the Savior’s Atonement, an individual must exercise faith in Jesus Christ, repent, be baptized, and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost (see Acts 2: 37-38). Those who have been baptized and have received the Holy Ghost through the proper priesthood authority have been conditionally saved from sin. In this sense, salvation is conditional, depending on an individual’s continuing in faithfulness, or enduring to the end in keeping the [Mormon] commandments of God (see 2 Peter 2: 20-22).

3 We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the [Mormon] Gospel.
Pearl of Great Price (Mormon scriptures), Articles of Faith

Mormon types of salvation:
1. from physical death
2. from sin
3. being born again (only Mormons are)
4. from ignorance (must know Mormonism)
5. from the Second Death (not knowing the "restored gospel ---Mormonism")?
6. Eternal Life, or Exaltation. In the scriptures, the words saved and salvation often refer to eternal life, or exaltation.
All true. What's the problem?

Are you saying that the atonement took place in the Garden of Gethsemane?
Part of it.
No it is not;
Sure it is, just google "meekness is not weakness", you'll see a lot of content that supports what I'm talking about.
nor is it contending for the faith that the Bible teaches.
Can you prove that?
I explained the meaning of contend.
Do you have a link?
Do you still not understand the word?
Yes. Per google: contend: assert something as a position in an argument.
Jude 3
Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.
Yep. And?

All true. What's the problem?
No, you are deceiving people here. You Mormon cultists believe YOU WILL BE GODS BY NATURE, and the term, "become one with him" is Mormon baloney. Mormons believe and teach this: Men and Gods are the same species. What a DIABOLICAL AND EVIL DOCTRINE. God is Uncreated and He alone has the NATURE of Deity. Read that again Mormons. You WILL NEVER HAVE GOD'S NATURE. Now Mormons, pick up your Bibles (that's the black book your phony missionaries carry around to trick people into thinking your cult is Christian). Now turn to Isaiah 43, vs. 10. Read what it says:

“You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord,
“and my servant whom I have chosen,
so that you may know and believe me
and understand that I am he.
Before me no god was formed,
nor will there be one after me."

Oh, my, Oh my, Oh, my (etc. - I want you to feel at home in my responses - and if you're a Mormon here you should know what I mean) - the Bible says NO GOD WAS FORMED BEFORE OR AFTER THE GOD OF THE BIBLE. What this means, Aaron32, is that you Mormons are deceived, or simply don't give a heck what God's Word says, just so you can bow before your real idol, Joey Smith.

So choose - will you follow the Word of God or some clown from the 19th century who was an occultist, a treasure digger, and a fool who pretended to be able to "translate" unknown languages, and Egyptian (see Book of Abraham - a proven fraud). Mormons need to be adults who actually apply academic knowledge to their beliefs and stop being so very gullible or obstinate to the point of
damnation.

Mormons teach that men can become equal with God.

No, equal with God. Please stop assuming that I don't know your church's doctrine.

D&C 88:107
107 And then shall the angels be crowned with the glory of his might, and the saints shall be filled with his glory, and receive their inheritance and be made equal with him.

Aaron32 said: Sure it is, just google "meekness is not weakness", you'll see a lot of content that supports what I'm talking about.
Yes. Per google: contend: assert something as a position in an argument.

So you're arguing without fighting against biblical Christianity? Gotcha!

1 Nephi 14:10
10 And he said unto me: Behold there are save two churches only; the one is the church of the Lamb of God, and the other is the church of the devil; wherefore, whoso belongeth not to the church of the Lamb of God {Mormon church) belongeth to that great church, which is the mother of abominations; and she is the whore of all the earth.

1 Owing to the many reports which have been put in circulation by evil-disposed and designing persons,
in relation to the rise and progress of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, all of which have been designed by the authors thereof to militate against its character as a Church and its progress in the world—I have been induced to write this history, to disabuse the public mind, and put all inquirers after truth in possession of the facts, as they have transpired, in relation both to myself and the Church, so far as I have such facts in my possession.

2 In this history I shall present the various events in relation to this Church, in truth and righteousness, as they have transpired, or as they at present exist, being now [1838] the eighth year since the organization of the said Church.

More meekness by Joseph Smith from Mormon scripture, Pearl of Great Price, Joseph Smith---History 1.

Mormon scripture D&C, section 1 sings the praises of Joseph Smith ---- no wonder! He wrote it himself!

Let's continue:

18 My object in going to inquire of the Lord was to know which of all the sects was right, that I might know which to join. No sooner, therefore, did I get possession of myself, so as to be able to speak, than I asked the Personages who stood above me in the light, which of all the sects was right (for at this time it had never entered into my heart that all were wrong)—and which I should join.

19 I was answered that I must join none of them, for they were all wrong; and the Personage who addressed me said that all their creeds were an abomination in his sight; that those professors were all corrupt: “they draw near to me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me, they teach for doctrines the commandments of men, having a form of godliness, but they deny the power thereof.”

These are not such kind words!

The Bible is our scripture:

2 Timothy 3
10But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience, 11Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me. 12Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. 13But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. 14But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; 15And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
OOPS! The Mormon god let men mess up the Bible.
Joseph Smith taught that “Ignorant translators, careless transcribers, or designing and corrupt priests” altered the ancient biblical text (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 327).

The Bible says:

The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand forever,

Isaiah 40:8

Ask the Bible, BoJ
LOL. Red?
Where does it say that Jesus atoned for sins in the Garden of Gethsemane?
I guess you can't answer my question so you just gaslight.
It's only because Satan hates the CROSS SO MUCH that Mormons, led astray by this monstrous, evil Satanic spirit, have disowned the cross and pretend that the "Atonement," (these cultists don't dare mention the shedding of Blood, all cults hate the Blood of Christ) took place mostly in the Garden
Observe his she drips.with venom. This is what born-again Christians look like when they've lost their way. Rather than address the question, they spew.their vitriol. Frankly, they don't have answers. All they can do is say "trust me".
There's really no use arguing with them - they have sold their souls to the one who most hates the BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST
LOL.
Mormon hearts are hardened against the CROSS, and this, alone, condemns them to an eternity of darkness.
And so, we have nothing but smoke and mirrors.

And so, what was the garden all about? Not even a hit of an answer. "It's no use to argue with Mormon". Is it really that or is it you have nothing to argue with. All I wanted to know is what was the garden about?

I don't know where you get the idea that we think the atonement was "mostly" wrought in the garden. I don't recall anyone in our church providing a percentage. But I want to point out that we all know how to die. It's not that hard. I would suspect that working out our atonement would be a little more difficult than dying. There had to be a trial whereby Christ descended below all things. Suffered more than many could beat. Whatever the garden was about, it cause God to tremble and ask that if possible, let that cup pass from him. I don't recall him making the same request of the cross.

So, what was that all about? And all I got for my troubles was froth and spittle. Do you even know?

No, you are deceiving people here. You Mormon cultists believe YOU WILL BE GODS BY NATURE, and the term, "become one with him" is Mormon baloney.
So when Christians speak of becoming new creations and inheriting divine nature, do they not really mean it? The Bible says they do.
Adam became as God when he received knowledge of good and evil. (Gen 3:22)

Mormons believe and teach this: Men and Gods are the same species... God is Uncreated and He alone has the NATURE of Deity.
Yes. And Joseph Smith said we exist on a self-existent principle, and D&C 93 says we existed in the beginning with Jesus. So....
Read that again Mormons. You WILL NEVER HAVE GOD'S NATURE.
Peter disagrees with you. You're preaching a different gospel once given to the Saints:

2 Peter 1:
2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Now Mormons, pick up your Bibles (that's the black book your phony missionaries carry around to trick people into thinking your cult is Christian). Now turn to Isaiah 43, vs. 10. Read what it says:

“You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord,
“and my servant whom I have chosen,
so that you may know and believe me
and understand that I am he.
Before me no god was formed,
nor will there be one after me."

Oh, my, Oh my, Oh, my (etc. - I want you to feel at home in my responses - and if you're a Mormon here you should know what I mean) - the Bible says NO GOD WAS FORMED BEFORE OR AFTER THE GOD OF THE BIBLE. What this means, Aaron32, is that you Mormons are deceived, or simply don't give a heck what God's Word says, just so you can bow before your real idol, Joey Smith.
Right, because we exist on a self-existent principle. Duh!
Mormons aren't claiming to take the place of Jesus Christ, btw.

So choose - will you follow the Word of God or some clown from the 19th century...
I do follow the Word of God.
Mormons need to be adults who actually apply academic knowledge to their beliefs and stop being so very gullible or obstinate to the point of damnation.
Ummm...thanks for the insult advice. When you can get off your condescending tone, maybe we can have a real convo.

Romans 12:
16 Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.
17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men. 18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men

No, equal with God. Please stop assuming that I don't know your church's doctrine.

D&C 88:107
107 And then shall the angels be crowned with the glory of his might, and the saints shall be filled with his glory, and receive their inheritance and be made equal with him.
Do you understand math? Does 1=2? Are dogs equal to cats?
How can I be one with God, if I'm not equal to Him?
Notice, in this verse, what makes angels and men equal with God? God's glory. What's glory? Light and truth. (D&C 93:36-37) What does D&C 88 talk about in the first 80 verses? Kingdoms of glory.
Is this offensive to you?

Matt 25:
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world

If you keep reading, you'll find that the people that received and inheritance actually did stuff. I know that challenges your narrative of eternal life not requiring obedience, but it is what it is.

@Aaron32

You accuse Christians of not doing "stuff." Christians have fruit so that you will recognize them. The fruit is the result of the Master Gardener Who gives us godliness. We never become Gods.

Isaiah 43
“You are My witnesses,” says the LORD, “And My servant whom I have chosen, That you may know and believe Me, And understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, Nor shall there be after Me.

If there is no fruit in a physically capable person, there is no Christian. You don't know every Christian's life. Why do you accuse us of doing nothing? That is an unkind judgmental statement.

YOU WILL BE GODS BY NATURE,
What do you mean "by nature"? You provide us a source that states or explains what you mean "by nature".
"become one with him" is Mormon baloney.
Actually, if you really believe that's baloney, then it's Jesus baloney. He specifically prayed for it.

But I get your point. @Aaron32 downplays the whole godhood thing, but without a doubt, we believe that we will do what God is now doing. Consider these things. If knowledge is infinite, then God isn't all-knowing. Power is infinite, then God isn't all-powerful. I know you will have a struggle with these things, but those are statements of fact. They are logically true. Even if you believe that God can do whatever he wants, make up the rules as he goes, creates everything out of nothing, then those statements are still true. Therefore, knowledge and power must be finite. Then God can have all of it. There is no more to learn and no more power to be obtained. If God can have all of that, then so can we. Given enough time and a good enough teacher, we can learn all of it. The same is true of power. If the person who has power gives access to that power to others, then those others have the same power.

Simply having something doesn't make one a God. It depends on what you do with what you have. The concept of your God is one of a benevolent dictator. Benevolent only so long as you love him because if you don't, he'll cast you into the lake of fire and brimstone. A God whose gospel carries a banner to all the world, "love me or burn". The Catholics magnified that mantra for hundreds of years, more than a millennium. The Protestants picked it up and carried the same mantra while trying to convince everyone that you don't really have to keep the commandments, you just have to believe in the one who gave them. If you believe (as opposed to love), then He will keep the commandments for you. So, you might say, their modified version of it is, believe in me, or burn.

But that gospel doesn't inspire or lift anyone. I might add the whole idea of spending eternity in a garden that takes care of itself is not my idea of inspiring. The amount of dopamine that must float around the brains of anyone who claims they don't know what will come, but the God who said, believe in me or burn says I'll be happy, then, by God, I'll be happy. The consequences are dire. That sounds a lot like empty promises to me. "Trust me. You'll be happy". Talk about sheep. LOL.

So, what does being equal with God mean? What does that mean to you? Why are you so opposed to the idea that God, who you all believe can do anything he wants (the Bible certainly testifies that with God NOTHING is IMPOSSIBLE), would lift others to his same state of being with all the power, knowledge, authority and glory that goes along with it? What are you afraid of? What would or what do you think God would be afraid of?

Don't give me a "it's not possible" argument. That's not Biblical. Further, nothing in the Bible says it's not possible. That's born entirely out of man's imagination. God cannot be God, they imagine, if man can be equal to him. IOW, God must always be unapproachable. We must always be bugs in comparison or God cannot be God.

This is the gospel that Paul taught: "Have this mind among yourselves" - be like Christ, who thought it not robbery "to be equal with God". Regardless of the quandary that you all will most certainly tie yourselves up in over the idea of being equal with God, that is, nevertheless; the message Paul was coveying... "have this mind among yourselves" to be like Christ in this thing.

To me, the focus of most Christian organizations is on burning in hell if you don't believe as they do. That's a horrible religious view. Where is the glory in that? What kind of being would preach a gospel with that focus? Hitler and Stalin are two that come to mind. If you agreed with them, then you're life would be good. Disagree or fail to capitulate to them would be met with the firey Furness, the pits of hell. I won't be part of a religion that has that focus. The same as those two tyrants, loving them and agreeing with them would never bring you up to their state of being. That doesn't appear to be the gospel message that Paul was teaching. So, I ask again, Are all things possible with God or not? Is the atonement efficacious or not? Will our sins be as white as snow? or will be still be marred by our sins for all of eternity? If the latter is true, then of what use is the atonement?

You accuse Christians of not doing "stuff."
I don't think that was the accusation, but it is your doctrine. Of course, Christians do "stuff". But do they believe that the "stuff" they do will save them?
Christians have fruit so that you will recognize them.
By their fruits, we also recognize that people who call themselves Christian, aren't really Christian. IOW, the "stuff" they do will determine the resurrection they come forth in. If that "stuff" is evil, it will be to the damned. If that "stuff" is good, it will be to life, just like everyone else regardless of what they claim about themselves - Christian or not.
The fruit is the result of the Master Gardener Who gives us godliness.
LOL. So funny.
We never become Gods.
That's probably true.
Isaiah 43
“You are My witnesses,” says the LORD, “And My servant whom I have chosen, That you may know and believe Me, And understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, Nor shall there be after Me.
Hopefully, you are aware that we are not created or made. Your hocus pocus religion makes God responsible for all sin since the fault of failed creations is not the fault of the creation but of the creator.
If there is no fruit in a physically capable person, there is no Christian.
Great! Based on that statement, then most members of our church are Christian... if we're basing it solely on fruit, which is okay with me. On that same basis, a lot of so-called "Christians" who claim they are saved or born-again, are not Christians. And that works for me also.
You don't know every Christian's life. Why do you accuse us of doing nothing? That is an unkind judgmental statement.
Nevertheless, that is your theology. What you do has no effect on your salvation.

So when Christians speak of becoming new creations and inheriting divine nature, do they not really mean it? The Bible says they do.
Adam became as God when he received knowledge of good and evil. (Gen 3:22)

That doesn't say, "Adam became A god".
It says, 'Adam became AS God", meaning that he received something in common with God (namely knowledge).

Peter disagrees with you.

No, he doesn't.

You're preaching a different gospel once given to the Saints:

Nope, Mormons are.

2 Peter 1:
2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature,

Partakers of "the" (ie. God's) divine nature.
Not receiving our "own" divine natures.

I do follow the Word of God.

Wrong again.

Ummm...thanks for the insult advice.

Gal. 4:16 Have I then become your enemy by telling you the truth?

When you can get off your condescending tone, maybe we can have a real convo.

Personal attack duly noted.
Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the rotten "fruits" of Mormonism!

Back