When They Tell You What Underwear to Use - You Know You're in a Cult:

I stated I support BY and would give him every opportunity to explain his thoughts and not judge or condemn something which would need more context... but you have judged him so I guess you don't want to hear his explanation and are in a hurry to condemn him and his views... interesting!
Young explained his view and gave content. His followers certainly understood him and this doctrine caused a lot of dissention among your church and some left your church because of it--precisely because they DID understand him and what he said in context!

Chuckle, he is talking about the clueless members and we would have to admit there are some who do exactly like BoJ sated, they usually are young women who want to dress fashionably and are naive about the Garments and the proper use of them.... after all, look at the modern day christian cult churches, the all seem to be more fashion or should I say a lack of it when its normal to wear sandals, Hawaiian shirts, shorts and other everyday clothes... but what the hay, that's how they worship and respect God, wear what you do to a birthday party, chuckle.
Well, I guess these folks would not be welcome in your church--look at these men! They are wearing SANDALS and NO PANTS! Gasp!

0e02812792fc73cbb04d4890456da141.jpg

Young explained his view and gave content. His followers certainly understood him and this doctrine caused a lot of dissention among your church and some left your church because of it--precisely because they DID understand him and what he said in context!
Really? Where can you prove members left the church, just because you said so... that deserves a big chuckle

How do you know that these are not their work clothes

This is a foolish question to ask, Richard....these are the way ordinary people in Jesus' day dressed. All the time. Men wore long robes and sandals....Ladies wore even longer robes and sandals....the vast majority of people in those days were poor and would not have had much of a wardrobe--certainly not fancy duds made from expensively dyed fabrics and jeweled sandals.

I guess if Jesus showed up personally in one of your churches and he was wearing sandals in the summer....He would not be welcomed, is that it? Since you seem so....outraged at the idea of people wearing sandals to church....

Now, kindly tell me what is wrong with people nowadays wearing sandals to church in the summer, or in warm climates....how about Hawaiin shirts? Especially in Hawaii? I have seen some Hawaiian shirts that are quite beautiful--much nicer than a white shirt, tie, and sports coat.

Last edited:
This is a foolish question to ask, Richard....these are the way ordinary people in Jesus' day dressed. All the time. Men wore long robes and sandals....Ladies wore even longer robes and sandals....the vast majority of people in those days were poor and would not have had much of a wardrobe--certainly not fancy duds made from expensively dyed fabrics and jeweled sandals.

I guess if Jesus showed up personally in one of your churches and he was wearing sandals in the summer....He would not be welcomed, is that it? Since you seem so....outraged at the idea of people wearing sandals to church....

Now, kindly tell me what is wrong with people nowadays wearing sandals to church in the summer, or in warm climates....how about Hawaiin shirts? Especially in Hawaii? I have seen some Hawaiian shirts that are quite beautiful--much nice than a white shirt, tie, and sports coat.
Chuckle, so at weddings, celebrations, burials you are saying they did not have better clothes set aside... you watched to many movies.

Matthew 22:1-14
And Jesus answered and spoke unto them again by parables, and said,

The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son,

And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come.

Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the marriage.

But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise:

And the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them.

But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city.

Then said he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy.

Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage.

So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.

And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:

And he said unto him, Friend, how came you in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.

Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

For many are called, but few are chosen.

Chuckle, so at weddings, celebrations, burials you are saying they did not have better clothes set aside... you watched to many movies.

Matthew 22:1-14
And Jesus answered and spoke unto them again by parables, and said,

The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son,

And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come.

Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the marriage.

But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise:

And the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them.

But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city.

Then said he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy.

Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage.

So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.

And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:

And he said unto him, Friend, how came you in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.

Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

For many are called, but few are chosen.

Some folks might have had nicer garments to wear in those days, but very poor people would not. Plus, everyone would still be wearing sandals--or do you think the ladies had high heeled shoes and the men, patent leather dress shoes, back then? After all, you griped about people who wear sandals to church...

From James 2:

Favoritism Forbidden​

2 My brothers and sisters, believers in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ must not show favoritism. 2 Suppose a man comes into your meeting wearing a gold ring and fine clothes, and a poor man in filthy old clothes also comes in. 3 If you show special attention to the man wearing fine clothes and say, “Here’s a good seat for you,” but say to the poor man, “You stand there” or “Sit on the floor by my feet,” 4 have you not discriminated among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts?

So, whom did James criticize here? And why?

Some folks might have had nicer garments to wear in those days, but very poor people would not. Plus, everyone would still be wearing sandals--or do you think the ladies had high heeled shoes and the men, patent leather dress shoes, back then? After all, you griped about people who wear sandals to church...

From James 2:

What is the Wedding Garment? Oh my!..... watch the backtracking now... chuckle

Some folks might have had nicer garments to wear in those days, but very poor people would not.
Wow. That has to be the most shallow view I have ever heard.
Plus, everyone would still be wearing sandals--or do you think the ladies had high heeled shoes and the men, patent leather dress shoes, back then?
The parable of the wedding feast seems to be lost on our critics. They buy into the story about divers and he rich man and make it doctrine, but think that the wedding garment is about nice clothes. :rolleyes:
After all, you griped about people who wear sandals to church...
false. Where do you get this tripe?
Are you pitting one bible verse against another? The wedding garment has nothing to do with church attire. They are two totally different situations. The wedding garment is specific. Everyone wears the same thing. And the wedding which everyone but the children of promise is invited to is the advent of Jesus the second time. The Jews rejected him the first time. So God invited Gentiles to the wedding. They, the Gentiles, don't know how to dress since the tradition is unknown to the Gentiles. God provides them with the proper attire, and even being provided with exactly what they should have, there are Gentiles, though invited in the place of those who should be there, still think they didn't have to wear that attire.

Now, God specifically told us what we needed to attend the wedding and yet we see so many so-called Christians who ignore the prescribed preparations and try to come in a different way. There is only ONE way. Any who decide that their way is better or at least good enough (a Satanic plan, BTW) will be cast out. PERIOD.

The issue here, God had a plan. Satan decided he had a better way. You all don't have a better way. It's that simple. Read the Bible. Follow it and you'll do okay. Read the Bible and decide the parts you think are right and you all will pay the price. No one can enter the kingdom of God except they have been baptized of water and of the Spirit.

Wow. That has to be the most shallow view I have ever heard.

IYO.
The parable of the wedding feast seems to be lost on our critics. They buy into the story about divers and he rich man and make it doctrine, but think that the wedding garment is about nice clothes. :rolleyes:
I know perfectly well what it is about. I did ask Richard if he knows what a metaphor is...because this parable is just that.
false. Where do you get this tripe?

I was responding to Richard. Did you miss that? And what He wrote in post 249 and elsewhere. Like here:https://forums.carm.org/threads/whe...now-youre-in-a-cult.16339/page-4#post-1299665

And here: https://forums.carm.org/threads/whe...now-youre-in-a-cult.16339/page-4#post-1299665
Are you pitting one bible verse against another? The wedding garment has nothing to do with church attire.

I know that.
They are two totally different situations. The wedding garment is specific. Everyone wears the same thing. And the wedding which everyone but the children of promise is invited to is the advent of Jesus the second time. The Jews rejected him the first time. So God invited Gentiles to the wedding. They, the Gentiles, don't know how to dress since the tradition is unknown to the Gentiles. God provides them with the proper attire, and even being provided with exactly what they should have, there are Gentiles, though invited in the place of those who should be there, still think they didn't have to wear that attire.

You are only partially correct here, but correct that the wedding garments are a GIFT to all. Gifts are not earned.
Now, God specifically told us what we needed to attend the wedding and yet we see so many so-called Christians who ignore the prescribed preparations and try to come in a different way. There is only ONE way.

The only way is by grace through faith in Christ Jesus our Lord, which is "the gift of God "
Any who decide that their way is better or at least good enough (a Satanic plan, BTW) will be cast out. PERIOD.

Those who reject the true Jesus Christ of the Bible--the one who is NOT Satan's brother--will find themselves cast into outer darkness.
The issue here, God had a plan. Satan decided he had a better way. You all don't have a better way.

Your version is a fairy tale. I go by what the Bible says. It has the truth--your church does not.
It's that simple. Read the Bible.

I do and have. Show us where it says Jesus and Satan are brothers in the pre-mortal existence. Show us.
Follow it and you'll do okay.

I do. Pity Mormons do not. Instead they follow their false prophets and false apostles.
Read the Bible and decide the parts you think are right and you all will pay the price.

No, that is what Mormons do--like rejecting the true Creation and fall into sin accounts from Genesis, in favor of the perverted versions shown in the endowment ceremony,.
No one can enter the kingdom of God except they have been baptized of water and of the Spirit.
...is born again from above of water and Spirit. No Mormon temples necessary.

Last edited:
Do you know what a metaphor is, Richard? And what Jesus was talking about, in His parable?
Why don't you tell us what he's talking about? Do you know? edit violation rules 12, 22
It has nothing to do with nice clothes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know perfectly well what it is about.
It doesn't look like it.
I did ask Richard if he knows what a metaphor is.
Exposing your arrogance, yes. That's what you asked. Richard, I am sure knows what a metaphor is. The issue at hand isn't what a metaphor is is what is the wedding garment. From what I understood about what you said it's nice clothes. Clearly you don't understand the metaphor.

I was responding to Richard. Did you miss that?
Uh huh. So what? This is an open forum. Your comment is available to the public. And people who have an account can respond to anything that you say in the open form.
Men in sandals, shorts and Hawaiian shirts etc, shows little respect for the God that sacrificed all for you..
He's just making reference to the easy salvation that you all offer. It doesn't matter what you guys do. That is the point that is being made. The very last phrase in the quote that Paul gave from the Old Testament where it says, "there is none good, no not one", it says "There is no fear of God before their eyes". Fear is another word for respect or reverence. What we wear when we worship shoes respect. there is a time and a place for everything. Your argument about attire both in what is acceptable in church and how it applies to the wedding feast is nonsense.

At what point would you say ones attire is inappropriate? Should we wear clothes at all? Should two piece bathing suits be allowed? I think common sense and wisdom help most people understand and determine for themselves what appropriate attire is for church worship. The fact that this is even a discussion suggests a willingness to assert ridiculous arguments. Church service is not the wedding feast. I've already explained the parable. I don't expect you to agree with it but there may be some critical thinkers that might see the connection. As I have said before, I'm not here to convert any of our critics. They are a stiff necked and hard hearted people who will not hear the truth. Most people who are seeking the true are not making posts here. Many investigators of our church search online for answers to difficult questions. This is one site that shows up frequently in searches. They need to see answers. You have your chance to make your case, but none of you will. This leaves the door wide open for members of our church to make a case in the midst of your vitriol. It's so much easier shine in the midst of the darkness.

Richard's post simply claims that those who can present themselves with respect toward their God and don't are showing signs of disrespect. It's fine if you disagree. It doesn't make it any less true.

I was responding to Richard. Did you miss that?
Uh huh. So what? This is an open forum. Your comment is available to the public. And people who have an account can respond to anything that you say in the open form.
Men in sandals, shorts and Hawaiian shirts etc, shows little respect for the God that sacrificed all for you..
He's just making reference to the easy salvation that you all offer. It doesn't matter what you guys do. That is the point that is being made. The very last phrase in the quote that Paul gave from the Old Testament where it says, "there is none good, no not one", it says "There is no fear of God before their eyes". Fear is another word for respect or reverence. What we wear when we worship shoes respect. there is a time and a place for everything. Your argument about attire both in what is acceptable in church and how it applies to the wedding feast is nonsense.

At what point would you say ones attire is inappropriate? Should we wear clothes at all? Should two piece bathing suits be allowed? I think common sense and wisdom help most people understand and determine for themselves what appropriate attire is for church worship. The fact that this is even a discussion suggests a willingness to assert ridiculous arguments. Church service is not the wedding feast. I've already explained the parable. I don't expect you to agree with it but there may be some critical thinkers that might see the connection. As I have said before, I'm not here to convert any of our critics. They are a stiff necked and hard hearted people who will not hear the truth. Most people who are seeking the true are not making posts here. Many investigators of our church search online for answers to difficult questions. This is one site that shows up frequently in searches. They need to see answers. You have your chance to make your case, but none of you will. This leaves the door wide open for members of our church to make a case in the midst of your vitriol. It's so much easier shine in the midst of the darkness.

Richard's post simply claims that those who can present themselves with respect toward their God and don't are showing signs of disrespect. It's fine if you disagree. It doesn't make it any less true.

Back