When They Tell You What Underwear to Use - You Know You're in a Cult:

So it's not "mandatory".
But if you don't wear them, then you are labelled as "clueless" or "don't have faith".

I don't know anyone who is told that wearing particular underwear is "voluntary", but the wearers will keep that same underwear on some part of their Bible even when they're bathing or showering. OBVIOUSLY there is some kind of coercion going on.

And how sick and perverted are Mormon "bishops" who ask questions about a member's underwear wearing habits? Sick and perverted.
"On the Bible"? Did autocorrect go haywire on your device? Did you mean "body"?

I have read of some Mormons who make sure their temple undergarments stay on SOME part of their body, even when they shower...like on a foot they stick outside the shower, while they are cleaning the rest of their bodies, then switch feet...how silly is that? Why would they feel they need to do that?

Some women require c-sections when giving birth. Do they tell the doctor "No?" In vaginal delivery do they have the garment on one leg, and afrer delivery have help getting a clean garment on while removing the soiled one? ???

Mandatory: required by law or rules
And enforceable. The only person checking if your meeting the "mandatory" requirement is yourself. No one knows but your spouse or maybe your lover, if you're breaking the rules. And then what? Nothing happens.

Making a commitment to God between you and Him, the only rule you're breaking is your own.

This is what our critics do. They make mountains out of molehills. No one is checking to ensure you're not breaking the rules. The consequences of breaking them are self-evident. The church or its members having nothing to do with what you choose to wear under your clothes.

So, cry me a bucket of tears. I'm sure you're upset about the "rules". It's just another lame excuse to whine.
Bonnie is right!
It's a personal commitment. Nothing happens when you take them off or choose not to wear them even for fashion reasons. It's only mandatory if you believe it is.
In order to be blessed according to Mormonism, requirements have to be met.
LOL. You're going to go to that all blessings are predicated on obedience. They are. That's just a simple fact. Only a spoiled child thinks that they are owed something for not doing what's required to get it. So, throw a tantrum. I don't think that will work with God.
Those consequences include being assigned to a lower kingdom.
You mean being judged according to your works? Yep. I like that. I hope I do get judged according to my works. Couple that with my faith in Christ, I'm sure whatever works I can do will be sufficient. If you would have eternal life, keep the commandments. I assume the flip side of that is also true. If you would have life in a lesser kingdom, whether it be hell or not is moot - it won't be heaven, break the commandments. That seems reasonable to me. Reasonable and acceptable. I will do what I can based on those terms.

So it's not "mandatory".
But if you don't wear them, then you are labelled as "clueless" or "don't have faith".

I don't know anyone who is told that wearing particular underwear is "voluntary", but the wearers will keep that same underwear on some part of their Bible even when they're bathing or showering. OBVIOUSLY there is some kind of coercion going on.

And how sick and perverted are Mormon "bishops" who ask questions about a member's underwear wearing habits? Sick and perverted.
Chuckle, he is talking about the clueless members and we would have to admit there are some who do exactly like BoJ sated, they usually are young women who want to dress fashionably and are naive about the Garments and the proper use of them.... after all, look at the modern day christian cult churches, the all seem to be more fashion or should I say a lack of it when its normal to wear sandals, Hawaiian shirts, shorts and other everyday clothes... but what the hay, that's how they worship and respect God, wear what you do to a birthday party, chuckle.

Chuckle, he is talking about the clueless members and we would have to admit there are some who do exactly like BoJ sated, they usually are young women who want to dress fashionably and are naive about the Garments and the proper use of them.... after all, look at the modern day christian cult churches, the all seem to be more fashion or should I say a lack of it when its normal to wear sandals, Hawaiian shirts, shorts and other everyday clothes... but what the hay, that's how they worship and respect God, wear what you do to a birthday party, chuckle.
What is a "Christian cult church?" That's your words Richard. Let's think Richard. A cult is a group of people claiming to be part of an orthodox faith, but who have doctrines which deviate from the orthodox faith. For instance, Richard, your cult teaches that there are billions of gods and their wives on their own planets, and that YOU can someday be a god over your own planet , and even space travel to other planets your kids (who are also gods)are ruling over. This is more like some space fantasy that's even more peculiar than Scientology. Could you possibly show us where any Christian Church in the past 2,000 years every taught such wacky theology? They haven't. But your cult claims to have restored "true" Christianity, so where's the proof that such bizarre things were ever taught in Christianity since the time of Christ? Your cult hasn't restored a thing. It has DISTORTED the faith once delivered to the true saints, and you Mormons should be ashamed for believing the teachings of an occultist and false prophet like Joseph Smith. There is so much proof out there about what a deceiver Smith was - not to mention his abominable sexual behavior with the wives of other men, that there's absolutely no reason anyone who has a modicum of Biblical faith should follow him.

By the way, look up the word "oxymoron." There are no "Christian" cult churches. There are only cults pretending to be Christians - as you are part of. Learn to choose your words more carefully, Richard. I don't think the Lord Jesus Christ likes to be identified as a "cult leader." After all, HE alone is the head of the Christian Church - not some deceiver like Joseph Smith who wanted money, sex and power and led so many astray, and still does from the grave. Smith is the real god of Mormonism, because without him, your cult would cease to exist.

Last edited:
Wearing the garments is mandatory. Obedience is mandatory
It has no effect on which kingdom one will be "assigned" to.
The Lord expects us to do all we can to save ourselves
This is true. I believe he does. I assume you all believe the opposite is true - the Lord expects us not to do anything to save ourselves, sense it seems that you have a problem with this statement.

That's a funny religion you all have. Just pay the preacher and do whatever guy want, God will save you. No one really believes that, but if that's the dogma you want to push, ok...
He gave his Son that through obedience to the laws and ordinances of the gospel we might gain our salvation, but not until we have done all we can do for ourselves.
And you all don't think you teach easy grace. When you complain about doing anything hard, doesn't that mean easy?

Look, we believe that there must be a change. You can't go on walking in sin. But you seem to be advocating for it. Just believe and Jesus will do all the work, great and free. ??? OK. As I've pointed out, we are already doing that. We believe and therefore, no matter what we do, we'll be saved. ? Got it.
whether or not we shall have oil in our lamps depends solely upon each one of us.
Yes. We believe salvation is a personal decision and commitment. You may feel otherwise, but I believe that's true.
keep the commandments
Now, where have I heard that before? Hmm. I think Jesus himself said that that was needed if we want eternal life. Amazing isn't it?
to light our way and to guide us
Hmm. Where have I heard that before? Could it be that the holy ghost goes to them that [get this - it's a real kicker] obey?

And we are witnesses to these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him.

You guys seem to struggle against the scriptures and awful lot, and I do mean awful.
If you want salvation in the fullest, that is exaltation in the kingdom of God, so that you may become his sons and daughters, you have go to go into the temple of the Lord and receive these holy ordinances which belong to that house, which cannot be had elsewhere. No man shall receive the fullness of eternity, of exaltation, alone; no woman shall receive that blessing alone; but man and wife, when they receive the sealing power in the temple of the Lord, if they thereafter keep all the commandments, shall pass on to exaltation, and shall continue and become like the Lord.
Joseph fielding Smith, Doctrines of Salvation, Volume 2, p. 44
None of THAT has anything to do with wearing the garments. There will be billions upon billions who will be exalted who never had the garments to wear. Wake up. Your argument is without merit
D&C 130
20 There is a law, irrevocably decreed in heaven before the foundations of this world, upon which all blessings are predicated—

21 And when we obtain any blessing from God, it is by obedience to that law upon which it is predicated
And there we have it. For some reason, our critics think they warrant blessings for nothing. LOL.

God knows His sheep
I love the arrogance of our critics. They act like they are something special.
they follow Him
When this is the key. If course God knows his sheep. He wouldn't be much of a God if he didn't. The question is, do his sheep know Him? And the key to that is here given. Do they follow Him? That all depends on what they do, not what they believe. John 5:29 starts to make a lot of sense when read in it's proper context.
and avoid false gods, false prophets, false teachers, false teachings.
You all missed that boat a long time ago. Just saying. Maybe blessing really do depend on obedience.
Suggesting or even thinking that Christians don't read the beatitudes is definitely foolish.
LOL. Doesn't really matter as much if you've read them if you don't live them. Hence, it's what you do, not what you believe.
Lots of things are foolish.
But nothing is more foolish than a calling others foolish.
What we do doesn't save us.
Not if what you do isn't in keeping with the commandments. But according to the Bible, if you keep the commandments then you'll obtain eternal life. Try that and maybe you'll get the blessing that predicated upon it
Jesus saved us and is conforming our will to His.
Our will is conformed only when we keep the commandments. ?
Psalm 51
10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
Keep praying. You'll know when your prayer has been answered when you actually keep the commandments.
I love praying the Psalms!
?
11 Cast me not away from thy apresence; and take not thy bholy spirit from me. 12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spiri
Obedience is the way. Try living the gospel instead of just believing it

It starts with faith, followed by repentance and then baptism. Once you have those, then the rest of your life should be spent in following the teachings of Jesus Christ. That's what we do. It works. Try it, you'll see.

Christians desire God's will not Satan's.
That's right. God's will is that we keep the commandments. Are you suggesting that it's Satan's will to keep the commandments?
We aren't looking for permission to continue sinning.
No one is accusing you all of looking to do that. But it does look as though you are making excuses for not keeping the commandments. It certainly isn't necessary to be saved, right? That's free and great, right?
Mormon laws and ordinances aren't from God.
Yes. They actually are from God. However, what you want to make a commandment, doesn't make it one. Like wearing garments isn't a commandment. Like marriage isn't a commandment. But you guys like to lay your opinions over our beliefs which aren't our beliefs at all.

To top that off, you all seem to think that not paying tithing or keeping the word of wisdom is somehow damning in our religion. It's not. No one is being excommunicated for either. The consequences of not abiding either of those is natural, not church imposed. They are necessary to go to the temple, but you don't have to go now if you don't want to. We'll eventually get you into the temple. And you may eventually obtain that celestial glory. It's all up to the individual and whether they want it or not.

You all ought to stop pretending you know what commandments we believe we need to keep to be saved. You don't
It is a sin to follow Joseph Smith.
LOL. You made that one up, didn't you? You don't get to decide what's a sin and what's not. But let me ask you this, do you think the Jews could be saved if they didn't follow the teachings of Moses?

If Moses taught the word of God, those who believed him were obligated to follow them. Those who didn't believe him, are accountable because he taught them. Their condition is worse than those who didn't know Moses or his teachings.

The same is true of Joseph Smith. His teachings were from God.

The law was our schoolmaster
No it wasn't. You never had to follow that law. You are not a Jew that was required to follow that law. Claiming it was your school master is hilarious.
God used it to show us our failure and our utmost gratitude when HE brought us to Christ.
Is that what they taught you in your new religion? LOL. No. That's not what it did. Not at all.
Stop believing Mormon lies about Christians.
No one in our church teaches about you guys. We learn what we know from you guys. But maybe you should stop believing the lies told about us that we're not Christian. LOL. That's an obvious lie. We are Christian. You guys redefine words and then believe everyone has to agree with you. Haha. Not.
Your entire post is filled with misconceptions
So, it's okay if you fill your posts with misconceptions but we can't fill ours with what we believe is true? It's seems to me that what is good for the goose...

Tell you what, you guys clean up your misconceptions about us and we'll work on ours about yours, deal?

new creatures
You can only be a new creature if you actually are. I haven't met a single "born-again" that actually was. It has always been talk, but no walk. Lie, steal and cheat, everyone of them, some of them devout, doesn't matter. It's all a grand facade, which in itself is a lie. Your brand of Christianity is failing it's people. Start teaching John 5:29 as if it was the only source for salvation and that it entire depends on what they do and they'd be a lot better off then the stuff you guys claim to believe.

I say claim because I believe most of you know that your works very much affects your salvation. You just can't admit it. And I believe that most of you know non Christians who are better than most Christians and that God would let them burn in hell. No just God would. That wouldn't serve justice. But that's not what your churches teach you even if you know better, some of you are stuck, but John 5:29 is the means for your salvation. Not to worry, none of you who believe the truth but are trapped for whatever reason, none of you will be lost. Just be that new creature.

I looked up the definition of mandatory. I think it fits because there are requirements for every single blessing. And i doubt if member wear it in the bath or shower. I think Bonnie got that right.
Of course, you think it fits. Every blessing is based on the work done to receive it.

Those who wear the garments are afforded protection even if it can't be seen. No one said they are bullet proof. The protection does not need to be temporal.

Some women require c-sections when giving birth. Do they tell the doctor "No?" In vaginal delivery do they have the garment on one leg, and afrer delivery have help getting a clean garment on while removing the soiled one? ???
Some questions are just so so dumb.

LOL. Easy salvation.
LOL, no, it is not. It is entirely biblical. We cannot and do not "earn" forgiveness of sins.

"If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. But if we confess our sins, God, Who is faithful and just, will forgive us our sins and cleanse us of all unrighteousness." (1 John 1)

God forgives our sins on account of our faith in Christ Jesus our Lord. It is as simple as that.

Tell us, boJ....do you know what it means to be a new creation in Christ Jesus our Lord?

Chuckle, he is talking about the clueless members and we would have to admit there are some who do exactly like BoJ sated, they usually are young women who want to dress fashionably and are naive about the Garments and the proper use of them....

Where does the Bible say we need to wear those undergarments with Masonic symbols on them, in order to be "worthy"?
after all, look at the modern day christian cult churches, the all seem to be more fashion or should I say a lack of it when its normal to wear sandals,

I wear nice sandals to church, in the summertime. Got a problem with that? God doesn't. People in Bible times wore sandals all the time, didn't they? Even to church? Or did the ladies wear high heels with stockings, and the men, polished black shoes with black socks?
Hawaiian shirts,

I have seen some men in our church, my husband included, wear very nice Hawaiian shirts to church. Some are quite lovely. Got a problem with that? God doesn't.

I met a minister in our denomination years ago, who was a pastor in Hawaii. He wore Hawaiian shirts to church made for him by a church member, with the special collars on them, through which he could slip his "God collar" when he was officiating church services. I thought that was just so interesting. He was in Hawaii, after all. Got a problem with that? God doesn't.
shorts and other everyday clothes...

The only time I have worn shorts to church--and they were Bermuda shorts--was when we we have had church services at a park at a picnic area, where we were going to have a church picnic afterwards. We even had communion at some of these. Do you have a problem with that?
but what the hay, that's how they worship and respect God, wear what you do to a birthday party, chuckle.
I always wore nice clothes to the birthday parties I was invited to, as a child.....CHUCKLE!

1 Samuel 16:7​

New King James Version​

7 But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have [a]refused him. For[b] the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”

Too bad you are judging by outward appearances and clothing, and not as God judges, by the heart.....

Last edited:
Where does the Bible say we need to wear those undergarments with Masonic symbols on them, in order to be "worthy"?
That why we have a restoration of all things, duh!

I wear nice sandals to church, in the summertime. Got a problem with that? God doesn't.
Men in sandals, shorts and Hawaiian shirts etc, shows little respect for the God that sacrificed all for you...

I have seen some men in our church, my husband included, wear very nice Hawaiian shirts to church. Some are quite lovely. Got a problem with that? God doesn't.

I met a minister in our denomination years ago, who was a pastor in Hawaii. He wore Hawaiian shirts to church made for him by a church member, with the special collars on them, through which he could slip his "God collar" when he was at church services. I thought that was just so interesting. He was in Hawaii, after all. Got a problem with that? God doesn't.

The only time I have worn shorts to church--and they were Bermuda shorts--was when we were having a church service at a park at a picnic area, where we were going to have a church picnic afterwards. We even had communion at some of these. Do you have a problem with that?

I always wore nice clothes to the birthday parties I was invited to, as a child.....CHUCKLE!

Too bad you are judging by outward appearances and clothing, and not as God judges.....
Respect is a word our Christian cults throw under the bus in favor of normalcy, fashion and laziness to wear proper clothes our of respect for one who died on the Cross for all... how many of you would have knelt at the cross where Christ was crucified, in Hawaiian shirts and shorts... never mind, I already know.

That why we have a restoration of all things, duh!

Duh! So, show us where believers in the first century church were told they needed to wear special undergarments with masonic symbols on them...
Men in sandals, shorts and Hawaiian shirts etc, shows little respect for the God that sacrificed all for you...

So, you are proving that you are judging by one's clothing, the outer appearance...? Not by the heart as God says HE DOES?

Did you not read that we wear shorts to church ONLY when we have had church services at a park in the summer, where we will have a picnic afterwards? Not short shorts, either! We have had full church services there, with prayers, singing liturgy and hymns, and the Lord's Supper. Do you think Jesus really minded? Since we were there to worship and give thanks to Him for what He did for us on the cross?

Respect is a word our Christian cults throw under the bus in favor of normalcy, fashion and laziness to wear proper clothes our of respect for one who died on the Cross for all.

So, once again, you show you judge by outer appearance, and not the heart, as God does...thanks for demonstrating this!
.. how many of you would have knelt at the cross where Christ was crucified, in Hawaiian shirts and shorts... never mind, I already know.
Excuse me, but when my husband and other men have worn Hawaiian shirts to church, it was ALWAYS with pants! Got that, Richard? WITH PANTS.

As for showing proper respect for Christ, it is YOUR church that blatantly disrespects Jesus Christ, making him the actual elder brother of Satan! Shameful! LDS Christology is SO abysmally low!

But again, thanks for demonstrating that you judge by outward appearance, and not by the heart, as God does!

Last edited:
You want to talk about dopey? I could go on and on about Christian Cult doctrine... chuckle.
Tell, me Richard, one person other than the Lord Jesus Christ, do Evangelical Christians follow? The reason Mormonism is a cult is that your follow Joseph Smith who taught bizarre doctrines not in line with Christianity. That's what a cult is - a group of people following the teaching of a person that teaches false doctrines but calls itself "Christian." Like Mormonism. Now, tell me what you mean by "Christian cult doctrine." Name it.

Furthermore, we are discussing Mormonism, not defending Christianity here. Are you aware of that? Or are you simply unable to give us any responses to questions that would be acceptable to those researching Mormonism? Responses that show some independent thinking ability at least.

Last edited:
Back