When Were the 4 Gospels Written?

Hark

When were the four gospels written?

Quoting from link ~~~Most experts agree on the details of who wrote the gospels and when they were written. ......

Mark was probably the first gospel written about late AD 60’s or early AD 70’s. ~~~~End of quote. * It is a short article, so more at that link.

Regardless of the experts, do you really think they would have waited that long before writing the 4 gospels since Pentecost when His disciples got saved?

Consider the Book of Revelation as inspired by the Holy Ghost through the apostle John. Paul had referred to it and the apostle John indirectly.

2 Corinthians 12:1 It is not expedient for me doubtless to glory. I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord. 2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven. 3 And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) 4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

Since the Book of Revelation was available in Paul's days.... how can the gospel of John and the epistles of John be that far behind?

What did the experts say about the Book of Revelation? Next post~~~ God be willing...

Hark

What did the experts say about the Book of Revelation?

When was the book of Revelation written?

Quoting from link ~~~~ "

Bible Answer:​

The book of Revelation was written by the apostle John (Revelation 1:1, 4, 9; 22:8). That is the internal evidence of the book and the external testimony of early church fathers. The Muratorian Fragment, an early document listing most of the books belonging to the New Testament, states that the apostle John wrote the Apocalypse or Revelation................"

"Conclusion:
The evidence supporting a A.D. 95 authorship for the book of Revelation is not based solely on Irenaeus. it is based on the statements of numerous early church fathers." ~~~ end of quote.

So does the Muratorian Fragment suggests the early churches had the N.T. with the 4 gospels available as scripture? What does the scripture say?

2 Timothy 4:13The cloke that I left at Troas with Carpus, when thou comest, bring with thee, and the books, but especially the parchments.

Anything to suggest that the books were not just O.T.?

Luke had written the Book of Acts, an account of the early church days including Paul before his conversion. Surely the gospel of Luke was written before Acts.

In the Book of Acts, Luke testified to writing letters aka epistles to the believers & churches.

Acts 15:23 And they wrote letters by them after this manner; The apostles and elders and brethren send greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia. ..... 30 So when they were dismissed, they came to Antioch: and when they had gathered the multitude together, they delivered the epistle: 31 Which when they had read, they rejoiced for the consolation. 32 And Judas and Silas, being prophets also themselves, exhorted the brethren with many words, and confirmed them. 33 And after they had tarried there a space, they were let go in peace from the brethren unto the apostles. 34 Notwithstanding it pleased Silas to abide there still. 35 Paul also and Barnabas continued in Antioch, teaching and preaching the word of the Lord, with many others also.

I do point out that Antioch was the place where His disciples were first called Christians.

Acts 11:26 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

It seems that this was the headquarters in the early church days. It is believed that the Received Texts manuscripts originated from there as opposed to the Alexandrian manuscripts where poetic licensing & Gnosticism was known to exists. Jesus did warn that we would need to discern who loved Him to keep His words from those that did not love Him to not keep His words as this was a warning from the Father.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. 24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

He gave the same warnings about keeping the sayings of His disciples.

John 15:20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

But are the writings of His disciples and the apostle Paul considered scripture? Next post... God be willing.....

Hark

Peter regarded the epistles of Paul as scripture in the second of his epistle.

2 Peter 3:15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; 16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

So when the scripture testify of scripture being our guide where we are thoroughly furnished unto good works, Paul written to Timothy about the 4 gospels & the epistles, as well since they were to be read unto the brethren and other churches too.

2 Timothy 3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. 14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; 15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Colossians 4:16And when this epistle is read among you, cause that it be read also in the church of the Laodiceans; and that ye likewise read the epistle from Laodicea.

1 Thessalonians 5:27I charge you by the Lord that this epistle be read unto all the holy brethren.

2 Thessalonians 2:15Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

So if a church tradition is not listed in the N.T. that aligns with the truths in the whole of the scripture in the N.T., then it should be discarded,.