When Will Reformed Believers Function As Priests and Kings?

Some turn a blind eye to church history they are revisionists

1) So you reject Sola Scriptura?

2) But when people do study church history (eg. Spurgeon, Calvin, Augustine) they are doing something wrong?

You don't seem to have any valid points, only worthless insults.

1) So you reject Sola Scriptura?

2) But when people do study church history (eg. Spurgeon, Calvin, Augustine) they are doing something wrong?
What about the church Fathers of the first 400 years

There was no Calvinism there

This Augustine guy was something else. I can see why the Catholics latched right onto him.

Apparently you've never studied Augustine, but he's a good example of why you need to actually study a person's writings before presuming to be in a position of judgment. You see, people's positions change over time, as their theology evolves. Too many people assume that everyone in the past had one exact theology that they kept their entire lives.

In Augustine's case, his position was summarized by B.B. Warfield:

"the Reformation, inwardly considered, was just the ultimate triumph of Augustine’s doctrine of grace over Augustine’s doctrine of the Church."
-- B.B. Warfield.

Depending on which heresy Augustine was writing against, he took different views, which weren't always compatible with each other. He somewhat compartmentalized them. His writings on the doctrines of grace come from his anti-Pelagian writings.

And for those who think they know more about Augustine than they actually do, and think that he smuggled in Gnostic and Manichaean doctrines, you might want to try reading his anti-Manichaean writings:

Just sayin'.

Apparently you've never studied Augustine, but he's a good example of why you need to actually study a person's writings before presuming to be in a position of judgment. You see, people's positions change over time, as their theology evolves. Too many people assume that everyone in the past had one exact theology that they kept their entire lives.

In Augustine's case, his position was summarized by B.B. Warfield:

"the Reformation, inwardly considered, was just the ultimate triumph of Augustine’s doctrine of grace over Augustine’s doctrine of the Church."
-- B.B. Warfield.

Depending on which heresy Augustine was writing against, he took different views, which weren't always compatible with each other. He somewhat compartmentalized them. His writings on the doctrines of grace come from his anti-Pelagian writings.

And for those who think they know more about Augustine than they actually do, and think that he smuggled in Gnostic and Manichaean doctrines, you might want to try reading his anti-Manichaean writings:

Just sayin'.
Augustine still argued gnostic pursuits long after he claimed conversion. He was a template for modern Theologians who reason by declaration and expediency of rhetoric.

Corrupted hearts still have an image of their Creator which is Biblically identified as Free Will. Try to remember the Free Will capacity in the Lost is only for the purpose of making a decision to submit to God's Command for faith in Christ unto repentance, and does not involve any works unto changing one's self.
I'm neither calvinist or free will-er...

I simply worship God and obey Him, and wait for Him
to bring us to Paradise, and restore us to our glorified nature...
in His new Creation...
to me that is being saved..
and that is my Hope
and Abraham's hope ...

He is my only Lord..
not this world or body or preachers or translations or commentaries..
only Him. He is my lord.
He makes me pure and sweet and new...

He is who I worship and love.
everything else is but waiting...
and carrying my cross until His return upon the Clouds..
to save us.

Last edited:
Augustine still argued gnostic pursuits long after he claimed conversion. He was a template for modern Theologians who reason by declaration and expediency of rhetoric.
his gnosticism was cloaked in christian sounding terms.
in reality, he was completely glued to the carnal mind.
I've read every word he wrote, multiple times...
and he had no sensitivity for God at all..
he was enthralled by his own ideas...
which is not the same as loving God.

Last edited:
his gnosticism was cloaked in christian sounding terms.
in reality, he was completely glued to the carnal mind.
I've read every word he wrote, multiple times...
and he had no sensitivity for God at all..
he was enthralled by his own ideas...
which is not the same as loving God.
Yes he was a gnostic who was followed by Calvin . Two peas in a pod.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back