When your child asks, "Where did GOD come from?"

Our Lord's God

5 Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them is traced the human ancestry of the Messiah, who is God over all, forever praised! Amen.

In that major translation, the Messiah IS God. God's Messiah is God.

5 to them belong the patriarchs, and of their race, according to the flesh, is the Christ. God who is over all be blessed for ever. Amen. RSV

In this major translation, the Messiah IS NOT God.

Perhaps you explained to your child that God created everything and absolutely everything ultimately came from God. And just as many children do, he/she just might ask you, "So where did God come from?"

Well, you needn't be stumped for an answer. God came from the nation of Israel; the Creator came from a bunch of human beings.

I am speaking the truth in Christ, I am not lying; my conscience testifies with me in the Holy Spirit, that I have great grief and unceasing anguish in my heart. For I wish that I myself were accursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my brethren, my kinsmen according to flesh, the Israelites, and to them belong the sonship, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the worship, and the promises; to them belong the patriarchs, and out of whom the Christ according to the flesh who is God over all blessed forever. Amen.

There ya go. Your Bible tells you where God came from - a bunch of man over there in Palestine. That's where God came from.

You can thank me later.

jamesh

5 Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them is traced the human ancestry of the Messiah, who is God over all, forever praised! Amen.

In that major translation, the Messiah IS God. God's Messiah is God.

5 to them belong the patriarchs, and of their race, according to the flesh, is the Christ. God who is over all be blessed for ever. Amen. RSV

In this major translation, the Messiah IS NOT God.

Perhaps you explained to your child that God created everything and absolutely everything ultimately came from God. And just as many children do, he/she just might ask you, "So where did God come from?"

Well, you needn't be stumped for an answer. God came from the nation of Israel; the Creator came from a bunch of human beings.

I am speaking the truth in Christ, I am not lying; my conscience testifies with me in the Holy Spirit, that I have great grief and unceasing anguish in my heart. For I wish that I myself were accursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my brethren, my kinsmen according to flesh, the Israelites, and to them belong the sonship, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the worship, and the promises; to them belong the patriarchs, and out of whom the Christ according to the flesh who is God over all blessed forever. Amen.

There ya go. Your Bible tells you where God came from - a bunch of man over there in Palestine. That's where God came from.

You can thank me later.
It would be nice if you would reference the verse/verses your talking about. Not doing so shows how Biblically illiterate you really are.

In Him
herman

Our Lord's God

It would be nice if you would reference the verse/verses your talking about. Not doing so shows how Biblically illiterate you really are.

In Him
herman

Actually, if you don't know the verse being discussed, the Biblical illiteracy is yours. It should be obvious to you. Do you ever see the NT writers saying quoting the Old Testament and citing a chapter and verse? No, they expect you to know the passage being quoted if you know what you are talking about. If I need to tell you where to find this verse, you obviously do not know the issues associated with it, and you are not able to make an informed opinion.

But you could have said, "You didn't cite the chapter and verse. Can you tell me where to find this verse please?" That would have worked.

jamesh

Ok, "You didn't cite the chapter and verse. Can you tell me where to find this verse please?" That would have worked."

In Him,
herman

jamesh

Apparently you don't know what comes before Romans 9:5. Romans 1:1-4. Vs 2 says God promised beforehand through the prophets in the holy Scriptures a Son. Vs3, concerning His Son, who was born of a descendant of David ACCORDING TO THE FLESH, Vs4, who was declared the Son of God with power by the resurrection from the dead."

So why do you think the Apostle Paul made a point of telling us that Jesus was a descendant of David ACCORDING TO THE FLESH?" What need is there for Paul to insert "according to the flesh?" I mean if Jesus is created just like the rest of us why do we need to know about His fleshly descendancy?

Or at Hebrews 5:7, "In the days of His flesh, He offered up both prayers and supplication etc." What does that mean, "In the days of His flesh?" What or who was He before the days of His flesh? Of course Jesus is in flesh like the rest of us according to you. My point is this, who talks like that and how do you explain it?

In Him,
herman

In Him
herman
If you are not familiar with the Bible enough to know that what he is saying is in the Bible or not, then that would really prove you to be Biblically illiterate also and like what you are accusing him of however.

Not to say that it isn't better to include the verses but if someone really knows their Bible well, in most instances they will know if what the poster is speaking of is in the Bible but we all miss it and don't include them once in a while.

Our Lord's God

Actually all that Paul is saying in Romans 9:5 is that Jesus is blessed of God above all others and not that Jesus himself is God.

No.
Apparently you don't know what comes before Romans 9:5. Romans 1:1-4. Vs 2 says God promised beforehand through the prophets in the holy Scriptures a Son. Vs3, concerning His Son, who was born of a descendant of David ACCORDING TO THE FLESH, Vs4, who was declared the Son of God with power by the resurrection from the dead."

So why do you think the Apostle Paul made a point of telling us that Jesus was a descendant of David ACCORDING TO THE FLESH?" What need is there for Paul to insert "according to the flesh?" I mean if Jesus is created just like the rest of us why do we need to know about His fleshly descendancy?

We no longer know Jesus according to the flesh, that's why. 2 Corinthians 5:16. You should actually look for the answers and look for them in the Scriptures rather than the dark recesses of your brain.

Or at Hebrews 5:7, "In the days of His flesh, He offered up both prayers and supplication etc." What does that mean, "In the days of His flesh?" What or who was He before the days of His flesh? Of course Jesus is in flesh like the rest of us according to you. My point is this, who talks like that and how do you explain it?

In Him,
herman

He wasn't anyone before the days of his flesh. We no longer know Jesus according to the flesh. 2 Cor 5:16. The writer here is referring to Jesus before his resurrection.

While it makes no difference to me whether anyone agrees with me or not, when I disagree with someone about the scriptures, I will tell them why from what the passages says, for what good would I do just saying "no" to what they said?

If you look up the verse in the Bible Hub interlinear, what I said fits with the purpose for Paul saying this of Jesus.

Being he is speaking of the Patriarchs from whom according to the flesh Jesus came and with the fact that their existence was for God's purpose and plan to be fulfilled in Christ Jesus and not the other way around.

Hebrews 1:9 and Psalm 45:7 "you have loved righteousness and hated iniquity, therefore God, even your God has anointed you with the oil of gladness above your fellows (all others born from Israel)" and therefore "who is above all blessed of God throughout all ages amen".

Last edited:

jamesh

No.

We no longer know Jesus according to the flesh, that's why. 2 Corinthians 5:16. You should actually look for the answers and look for them in the Scriptures rather than the dark recesses of your brain.

He wasn't anyone before the days of his flesh. We no longer know Jesus according to the flesh. 2 Cor 5:16. The writer here is referring to Jesus before his resurrection.
Where did you learn how to "exegete" Scripture? This is "NOT" about knowing Jesus but about who He is? And read 2 Corinthians 5:16 again. "Therefore from now on we recognize no man according to the flesh; EVEN THOUGH WE HAVE KNOWN CHRIST ACCORDING TO THE FLESH, yet now we know Him no longer."

In other words, Paul previously viewed Jesus from a human standpoint, just like you and others like you. Now Paul views Jesus not as some religious or political leader (like today) but from a spiritual point of view. that is why at vs17 Paul says, "If any man be in Christ, he is a new creation. Biblical salvation not only brings something new, (as in looking at things from a Christian point of view because one is born again ) but it also subtracts something old, the old man nature way of thinking of things.

One's former set of value's and his way thinking disappear. His new outlook on life dictates a new life-style; the old becomes unworthy in his eyes. Since you not "born again" and you deny the deity of Jesus Christ you are still thinking in human terms, expecially by some of these "lame" questions and threads you start. "What do you tell a child where God came from?" What do you tell them? And yes, before Jesus incarnated He did preexist in the Old Testament as the angel of the Lord.

In Him,
herman