Where are the best places to discuss theology on the internet today?

Charles R

It's been about 10 years since I've discussed theology on CARM.

It seems rather dead here now compared to the good old days.

Where are the best places today to discuss theology? I'd like to get into more discussions
like I used to but I don't know the best places.

Thanks.

ReverendRV

Where are the best places today to discuss theology? I'd like to get into more discussions

Thanks.
Welcome back to CARM. Other places? I don't know. CARM can still be a good place to discuss Theology; when you focus on an inner circle of Posters to deal with. Give that a try...

Johnnybgood

Thanks.
I’m new here and this forum has plenty of good discussions and many them that are not related to the Arminian and Calvinist debates. As reverend said welcome back.

Theo1689

Welcome back... Yes, discussion has declined significantly here compared to the past.

CARM rules preclude discussing or giving links to other discussion forums, so you are basically asking people to break the rules in responding to you.

Our Lord's God

Thanks.

Are you more interested in finding the truth, whether you like that truth or not, OR, are you more interested in discussing excuses for what you want to believe? Which of these two is "best" to you?

Beloved Daughter

Thanks.
Welcome back Charles. ✝️✝️

Rockson

Thanks.
CARM is a highly Calvinistic forum. I don't consider CARM the best place I like to see where there's a balance of various opinions and I have a few more I go to. Even places which are highly along with what I believe I'd say the same....maybe not the best place to go to talk the issues. There are some which have more a of 50/50 opinion base of people bringing to the table their arguments but to be fair to CARM I won't mention their names so as not to draw people away from their site. I think that might be a dishonorable thing to do but everyone I think knows if they type in things like Christians discussion boards and things like that you'll find different places too.

As I mentioned when some type of sites have the greatest number of people believing a certain way what someone else says seems to get steamrolled as in 7 posters against say 2. One can be tempted to think because the majority in one place thinks a certain way that makes it more probable to be true what they're thinking. Go to other places and it swings the other direction. Careful though....doesn't mean what they're saying is true either.

I will compliment CARM though. I think they've improved their site and in my saying I don't consider it the best place that doesn't mean I'm believing it's not good. To put it in a worldly way....some like Pepsi....some like Coke.

Johnnybgood

CARM is a highly Calvinistic forum. I don't consider CARM the best place I like to see where there's a balance of various opinions and I have a few more I go to. Even places which are highly along with what I believe I'd say the same....maybe not the best place to go to talk the issues. There are some which have more a of 50/50 opinion base of people bringing to the table their arguments but to be fair to CARM I won't mention their names so as not to draw people away from their site. I think that might be a dishonorable thing to do but everyone I think knows if they type in things like Christians discussion boards and things like that you'll find different places too.

As I mentioned when some type of sites have the greatest number of people believing a certain way what someone else says seems to get steamrolled as in 7 posters against say 2. One can be tempted to think because the majority in one place thinks a certain way that makes it more probable to be true what they're thinking. Go to other places and it swings the other direction. Careful though....doesn't mean what they're saying is true either.

I will compliment CARM though. I think they've improved their site and in my saying I don't consider it the best place that doesn't mean I'm believing it's not good. To put it in a worldly way....some like Pepsi....some like Coke.
So if you are not a Calvinist wouldn’t this be the best place to have your ideas or theology put yo the test ?

Johnnybgood

The best place to test your doctrines is directly to the Lord
I’m in agreement but testing your beliefs with others who see things differently can maybe open ones eyes to see things from a different perspective right ? Arminians believe they are right and do do Calvinists. As long as there can be respectful interaction I believe we can learn things from each other . Sometimes it’s not about being right or wrong in my opinion . And maybe I’m wrong about that idea. I do not think any person here has figured it all out besides Jesus and possibly the Apostles but even they were not omniscient but were close as humanly possible .

Last edited:

Rockson

So if you are not a Calvinist wouldn’t this be the best place to have your ideas or theology put yo the test ?
And from that standpoint I have been here in the past hearing all the arguments. But maybe nice to have a place where everyone isn't so committed to just one way of thinking. It makes the time and energy into making an argument and putting it out maybe having more meaning as some might be more prone to consider them. If some are absolutely staunch in their positions with not even a hope they'd change you ask the question why bother.