Where did Jesus say that he could come back any time?

Yahweh will increase

This is not what Jesus said or meant when he told his disciples that they didn't know when he would return and to be ready.

What he did mean was that they would not know the exact day or hour of his return and therefore they needed to keep close to God and watch and pray and that is not the same thing as this idea that Jesus could return just any old time at all.

Some of the proof of this would be in what he answered the disciples when they asked for the signs of when he would be coming in Matthew 24 and Mark 13 and then after he told them the things that had to happen first in those very same chapters, he went on to tell them that they still wouldn't know the exact time of his return and therefore they needed to watch and pray.

My purpose in bringing this to your attention, is because of this misinterpretation of what Jesus was saying, many have come to the false conclusion that Jesus would return twice, once in a secret pre trib rapture where no one sees him except believers and then again at the end of a 7 year tribulation where all eyes will see him.

I can prove from scripture that neither the pre trib rapture or this 7 year tribulation are correct doctrines and I would start in 1 Corinthians 15:22-26 and 51-58, if anyone wants to argue the point.

There is only one future resurrection with the rapture following and also one future coming of Jesus Christ and the NT is very clear on this also.

My purpose in bringing this to your attention, is because of this misinterpretation of what Jesus was saying, many have come to the false conclusion that Jesus would return twice, once in a secret pre trib rapture where no one sees him except believers and then again at the end of a 7 year tribulation where all eyes will see him.

I can prove from scripture that neither the pre trib rapture or this 7 year tribulation are correct doctrines and I would start in 1 Corinthians 15:22-26 and 51-58, if anyone wants to argue the point.

There is only one future resurrection with the rapture following and also one future coming of Jesus Christ and the NT is very clear on this also.
The "false conclusion" is your own as everything that you have asserted is wrong, including a "7 year tribulation". So "prove from Scripture", as you have boasted that you are able to do, and we'll take it from there.

The "false conclusion" is your own as everything that you have asserted is wrong, including a "7 year tribulation". So "prove from Scripture", as you have boasted that you are able to do, and we'll take it from there.
Your mistake, is that you read Daniel 9 and think that he is only giving the one prophecy of the 70 weeks and which is false, for just like many prophecies are mixed with one another, so it is also with Daniel 9 and a good example of this is why Israel did not see Jesus as the Messiah from the descendants of David.

For the OT prophecies concerning Christ are mixed together so that they appear to reveal that it all would be fulfilled at one coming of the Messiah but as we all know, this is not the truth.

The same holds true for Daniel 9, for the prophecy of the 70 weeks is mixed with other prophesies of what will happen when the covenant of God in Christ in Daniel 9:24 is rejected and first among that generation of the Jews and later at the end of the age with both Jew and Gentile.

The seventy week prophecy was all positive and had to do with what Jesus would accomplish at is first coming in the 3 1/2 years prior to his death in which after it the sacrifices and offerings were satisfied by his own sacrifice and then 31/2 years after it with his resurrection and the establishing of his church in the truth through the giving of the Holy Spirit and also the conversion of Paul.

The second half of both Daniel 9:26 and 27 were not prophecies that would be fulfilled within the 70 weeks but rather after it when the Jews would reject the covenant and in 70 AD see the judgment of God because of it and then also at the end of the age when God would judge both Jew and Gentiles for also rejecting the covenant.

You tell me, what part of what Daniel says in verse 24 has to do with the antichrist or the Jews being judged by God?

Sorry but all of it is positive and had its fulfillment through Christ at this first coming and the rest of what is stated in verses 26 and 27 are extra to the 70 weeks prophecy concerning what would happen to those who reject the covenant, and first for the immediate Jews of that generation and then also for both Jew and Gentiles who continue to reject it during the end of the age in the great tribulation.

The 70 weeks prophecy has nothing whatsoever to do with tribulation but rather God's answer to Israel and the worlds problem of disobedience and sin and that is conversion through Christ and his sacrifice on the cross.

You should have noticed also, that Daniel in verse 25-27 states that after the first 7 weeks and then the 62 weeks "Messiah would be cut off" and which if there was a gap in between the 69 weeks and that last week as you falsely believe, Jesus would be cut off outside of the 70 weeks.

However, Daniel 9:24 very clearly tells us that reconciliation for iniquity would be made within the 70 weeks and not in any gap outside of the 70 week like you end up with in your false interpretation of this.

This proves that there is no gap and there can't be if all that is spoken in Daniel 9:24 would happen within the 70 weeks and he says that it will.

Last edited:
Well I will admit, I wasn't expecting this. We agree on more than I expected but I see much of what you've posted as pure speculation. I agree that the Prince who is to come in Daniel 9:26 is Messiah and most certainly is not the AC. The covenant in Daniel 9:27 is the New Testament covenant in the blood of Christ The 70th week began at the baptism of Christ and His 3 1/2 year earthly ministry fulfilled the first half of the 70th week and the "clock" stopped leaving only the last half to be fulfilled during the reign of antichrist. Let's just agree to disagree on the details here. My main interest is your comments regarding the pretribulation rapture.

You assert that you can prove from Scripture that it is a false doctrine. You most certainly cannot prove it from 1 Corinthians alone. I would agree that it is not plainly stated in the New Testament but if the relevant passages are rightly divided and the dots correctly connected, a pretrib rapture is the most logical conclusion. And I am fully prepared to prove that from Scripture!

This is not what Jesus said or meant when he told his disciples that they didn't know when he would return and to be ready.

What he did mean was that they would not know the exact day or hour of his return and therefore they needed to keep close to God and watch and pray and that is not the same thing as this idea that Jesus could return just any old time at all.

Some of the proof of this would be in what he answered the disciples when they asked for the signs of when he would be coming in Matthew 24 and Mark 13 and then after he told them the things that had to happen first in those very same chapters, he went on to tell them that they still wouldn't know the exact time of his return and therefore they needed to watch and pray.

Rapture will happen soon. It will not be a secret. Sevens years later Christ will appear on the White Horse.

Well I will admit, I wasn't expecting this. We agree on more than I expected but I see much of what you've posted as pure speculation. I agree that the Prince who is to come in Daniel 9:26 is Messiah and most certainly is not the AC. The covenant in Daniel 9:27 is the New Testament covenant in the blood of Christ The 70th week began at the baptism of Christ and His 3 1/2 year earthly ministry fulfilled the first half of the 70th week and the "clock" stopped leaving only the last half to be fulfilled during the reign of antichrist. Let's just agree to disagree on the details here. My main interest is your comments regarding the pretribulation rapture.

You assert that you can prove from Scripture that it is a false doctrine. You most certainly cannot prove it from 1 Corinthians alone. I would agree that it is not plainly stated in the New Testament but if the relevant passages are rightly divided and the dots correctly connected, a pretrib rapture is the most logical conclusion. And I am fully prepared to prove that from Scripture!
First, I would disagree that the the time of the rapture is not clearly revealed in the scripture, for it is and right in the very chapter that is all about the resurrection in 1 Corinthians 15:22-26 and picking back up in verses 51-58.

Oh and did you notice the words "then comes the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom unto God, even the Father"?

Now concerning Daniel 9:24, your problem is that what is stated to happen in the 70 weeks of Daniel 9:24 is only about Jesus and what he would do to correct the problem of sin in those who believe in him.

For everything stated in Daniel 9:24 was fulfilled by Jesus at his first coming and none of it has to do with the antichrist or rejection of the covenant.

I used to believe something like you about the last week of the 70 weeks also, that it was the last week that was divided but that doesn't line up with what the purpose of the 70 weeks was for, but instead it is all about God's answer to our problem with sin and forgiveness from God through Christ.

Also would you not agree that if we are believers that although there is no sin within our hearts any longer, that sin still exists within our flesh and because of this we will die physically because of the enemy of sin that still exists in our flesh?

So in order for us to escape physical death, the enemy of sin that still exists in our flesh and that causes our physical death would have to first be put under the feet of Jesus and this is what Paul is revealing in 1 Corinthians 15:22-26 and then picking back up in verses 51-58.

For as far as those who death has already claimed, it is no problem for God to resurrect them any times he chooses to, but in order for us to escape physical death altogether, God's enemy of sin has to be put under the feet of Christ first and Paul says that death will be the last enemy to be destroyed period.

Now read it again with all of that in mind.

1 Corinthians 15

22 For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. 23 But each in turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him. 24 Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death.

By the way, where is Jesus presently reigning from until he puts all enemies under his feet?

Notice, Paul says that there is only one future resurrection, for Christ's resurrection was the first and that it past tense and then the first fruits were those mentioned in Matthew 27:51-53 who were also already resurrected right after Jesus was and you can be sure they didn't die again either, for Jesus died to pay for their way into heaven.

So there is only one future resurrection and of course the rapture follows with it and all of this is spoken of right in 1 Corinthians 15:22-26 and picking back up in verse 51-58.

Notice also, that unlike 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 where the rapture is the focus, in 1 Corinthians 15:51-58 it isn't the actual rapture itself that is in focus but rather the change that enables us to be able to escape physical death and again that change occurs when God's enemy of sin in our flesh is finally and once and for all put under the feet of Christ and we are totally transformed.

This is how we escape physical death, for until God's enemy of sin that remains within us or in our flesh is put under the feet of Christ, we will all have to die physically.

By the way, I can also prove from the scriptures that there will be no other 1000 year kingdom on this earth for the Jews after Jesus returns and like most falsely believe but when he returns, he will return one time and it will be the end and that is also partially revealed in 1 Corinthians 15:22-29 also.

However that is not the only proof of it, for Paul's words concerning Christ's coming as a thief in the night in 1 Thessalonians 5:1- 4 and coupled with Peters words on the same day of the Lord as a thief in the night in 2 Peter 3:8-12 totally destroys this false doctrine.

Therefore the 1000 years is symbolic for this present age (one day is with the Lord as a 1000 years and a 1000 years as one day.

So, when we have tackled the pre trib rapture first, we can go further and I will explain why these passages prove what is commonly believed about the 1000 years to be false.

Rapture will happen soon. It will not be a secret. Sevens years later Christ will appear on the White Horse.
Nope, there is no such secret coming of Jesus taught in the scriptures and Jesus also never actually said that he could come back at any old time like many of you who are in the darkness believe either.

Read the parables of Jesus alone, for they reveal one single coming in which either you will be right with God and enter into heaven or you will have been caught in your unrepentant state of existence and be cast into the fire following the GWT judgment of Almighty God.

Notice also the parable of the wheat and tares and who is removed from the earth first, for it isn't the righteous but rather the wicked and if you read Paul's words in 1 Corinthians 15:22-26, he very clearly says that it will be at the end that Jesus will deliver the kingdom up unto God, even the Father".

He also very clearly reveals when the rapture will occur regarding the tribulation and it goes right along with what Jesus said also in Matthew 24:29-31, "immediately after the tribulation of those days" or as Paul in 1 Corinthians 15:22-26 says at the end and Paul went on to say in verses 51-58 that it will be at the very last trump as well.

1 Corinthians 15:22 For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. 23 But each in turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him. 24 Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death (bingo the change in a moment and twinkling of an eye and the rapture).

Notice also, that although God's enemy of sin no longer exists in the genuine believers heart, sin still exists within their flesh and this is what causes their physical death.

Therefore in order for them to escape death in the rapture, God will first have to remove the sin from our flesh and put it under Jesus' feet so that we will not longer have to die physically and that is what Paul is revealing in 1 Corinthians 15:22-26 and picking back up in 51-58.

This proves the pre trib secret rapture to be a total deception from the Devil also.

Last edited:
Furthermore, the white horse in Revelation 19 is all symbolic and figurative language revealing Christ as coming in war to destroy his enemies from among his people, it isn't literal, for the angels said that he would return the same way as the disciples saw him go and he wasn't riding on a white horse when he ascended into heaven and disappeared in the clouds.

You are totally ignorant of the symbolic and figurative nature of the book of Revelation and this is what happens to those who don't have ears to hear what the Spirit is saying in the book but instead attempt to understand it from their own flesh and like you do with all of the scriptures also.

I can guarantee you that if you are alive during the end of this age, you will not escape being here during the tribulation but instead God is going to use it to bring correction to his true church, both to weed out of it those who are not true believers and to bring true revival to those who are already genuine believers but who have been hoodwinked some by the false doctrine of the many apostate churches.

You can mark my words on that much for certain and I don't only believe it to be a fact but know that it is a fact.

Nope, there is no such secret coming of Jesus taught in the scriptures and Jesus also never actually said that he could come back at any old time like many of you who are in the darkness believe either.

Read the parables of Jesus alone, for they reveal one single coming in which either you will be right with God and enter into heaven or you will have been caught in your unrepentant state of existence and be cast into the fire following the GWT judgment of Almighty God.

Notice also the parable of the wheat and tares and who is removed from the earth first, for it isn't the righteous but rather the wicked and if you read Paul's words in 1 Corinthians 15:22-26, he very clearly says that it will be at the end that Jesus will deliver the kingdom up unto God, even the Father".

He also very clearly reveals when the rapture will occur regarding the tribulation and it goes right along with what Jesus said also in Matthew 24:29-31, "immediately after the tribulation of those days" or as Paul in 1 Corinthians 15:22-26 says at the end and Paul went on to say in verses 51-58 that it will be at the very last trump as well.

1 Corinthians 15:22 For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. 23 But each in turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him. 24 Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death (bingo the change in a moment and twinkling of an eye and the rapture).

Notice also, that although God's enemy of sin no longer exists in the genuine believers heart, sin still exists within their flesh and this is what causes their physical death.

Therefore in order for them to escape death in the rapture, God will first have to remove the sin from our flesh and put it under Jesus' feet so that we will not longer have to die physically and that is what Paul is revealing in 1 Corinthians 15:22-26 and picking back up in 51-58.

This proves the pre trib secret rapture to be a total deception from the Devil also.
Do you even know what the rapture is? I'm kinda thinking you don't.

Furthermore, the white horse in Revelation 19 is all symbolic and figurative language revealing Christ as coming in war to destroy his enemies from among his people, it isn't literal, for the angels said that he would return the same way as the disciples saw him go and he wasn't riding on a white horse when he ascended into heaven and disappeared in the clouds.
I noticed you said the rapture/second coming is about..."Christ as coming in war to destroy his enemies"

But, one thing the anti-bible rapture crowd forgets is the following from the Bible:
Acts 1:9After He had said this, they watched as He was taken up, and a cloud hid Him from their sight.10They were looking intently into the sky as He was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them. 11“Men of Galilee,” they said, “why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen Him go into heaven.

Now, if you notice like most christians notice....Christ didn't ascend in a posture of war. OOPS. In fact Jesus wasn't even riding a horse.

Hint: This means there are two comings...first in the air (rapture) then a second time .."Christ as coming in war to destroy his enemies"

Now, if you don't want to be part of the rapture....go for it. Enjoy the tribulation.

You are totally ignorant of the symbolic and figurative nature of the book of Revelation and this is what happens to those who don't have ears to hear what the Spirit is saying in the book but instead attempt to understand it from their own flesh and like you do with all of the scriptures also.
Oh, I bow down to your great wisdom and knowledge of the book of Revelation...you the one and only person who completely understand what was revealed to John.

I noticed you said the rapture/second coming is about..."Christ as coming in war to destroy his enemies"

But, one thing the anti-bible rapture crowd forgets is the following from the Bible:
Acts 1:9After He had said this, they watched as He was taken up, and a cloud hid Him from their sight.10They were looking intently into the sky as He was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them. 11“Men of Galilee,” they said, “why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen Him go into heaven.

Now, if you notice like most christians notice....Christ didn't ascend in a posture of war. OOPS. In fact Jesus wasn't even riding a horse.

Hint: This means there are two comings...first in the air (rapture) then a second time .."Christ as coming in war to destroy his enemies"

Now, if you don't want to be part of the rapture....go for it. Enjoy the tribulation.
edit per mod

This doesn't have anything to do with what he will be doing when he appears from heaven into the clouds like they saw him disappear into the clouds to go into heaven, for the emphasis is on what they saw and not what he will be coming back to do.

Then we have the words of Paul about this in 2 Thessalonians 1 below and I would suggest you pay attention to it also.

2 Thessalonians 1: 5 All this is evidence that God’s judgment is right, and as a result you will be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you are suffering. 6 God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you 7 and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well. This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels. 8 He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9 They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might 10 on the day he comes to be glorified in his holy people and to be marveled at among all those who have believed. This includes you, because you believed our testimony to you.

Now then, notice the 10th verse in the above passage, for this is more proof that there is no other but one future resurrection and rapture of those who believe, for Paul says this happens all in the same single event of his single coming.

Concerning your last sentence, ah but I am not the one who has to worry about going through the tribulation but rather you are and that is why you don't want to believe that you will but your believing that you wont isn't going to save you.

Last edited by a moderator:
edit

This doesn't have anything to do with what he will be doing when he appears from heaven into the clouds like they saw him disappear into the clouds to go into heaven, for the emphasis is on what they saw and not what he will be coming back to do.

Then we have the words of Paul about this in 2 Thessalonians 1 below and I would suggest you pay attention to it also.

2 Thessalonians 1: 5 All this is evidence that God’s judgment is right, and as a result you will be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you are suffering. 6 God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you 7 and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well. This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels. 8 He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9 They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might 10 on the day he comes to be glorified in his holy people and to be marveled at among all those who have believed. This includes you, because you believed our testimony to you.

Now then, notice the 10th verse in the above passage, for this is more proof that there is no other but one future resurrection and rapture of those who believe, for Paul says this happens all in the same single event of his single coming.

Concerning your last sentence, ah but I am not the one who has to worry about going through the tribulation but rather you are and that is why you don't want to believe that you will but your believing that you wont isn't going to save you.
Why is it nothing in the Bible to you is as written?

I'm not going to continue to share the truth with you ....especially after you start your reply with "How ridiculous, ignorant"....meaning "me" because I disagree with your false gospel.

You need to come to a true understanding of just who Christ Jesus is and get saved.

Last edited by a moderator:

LOL, you are the one who believes in two future comings of Jesus when the Bible teaches no such thing.

I'm not going to continue to share the truth with you ....especially after you start your reply with "How ridiculous, ignorant"....meaning "me" because I disagree with your false gospel.

You don't know the truth to be able to share it, so it is fine with me if you don't want to address the proof from scripture that I am giving you.

By the way, this thread isn't about the gospel but it is about getting the correct view of eschatology.
You need to come to a true understanding of just who Christ Jesus is and get saved.

This figures, for when you know good and well that you have no proof from scripture on your eschatological views you will then run back to your arguments with me on who God and Christ are but your view on eschatology only add to your lack of credibility with all of the scriptures.

You also need to understand that there are two sides to the great tribulation, for the tribulation for the believer is not the same thing as it is for the wicked and Paul in those passages from 2 Thessalonians 1 that I gave you reveals this also.

For believers, their tribulation will come from the ungodly by why of a great persecution of the true Church but for the wicked, their tribulation will come from God himself because of their rejecting of him and their persecuting his church and that is what Paul is telling us in those passages.

The true Church will begin to see rest from their tribulation of persecution by God's on going judgments of the wicked who are persecuting them, for the more wicked who die under God's judgments which is their tribulation, the less suffering will come upon the church as a result and which is what Paul is saying in 2 Thessalonians 1.

For God will not allow any of his saints to fall under his judgments while they are falling upon the wicked, for he can either lead them away from where he will pour own his judgments, or he can miraculously move them to a safe location by his Spirit like he moved Philipp after he witnessed about Christ to the Ethiopian eunuch.

During the flood of Noah's day, God didn't take anyone out of the earth but rather he used the same water to save Noah that he used to destroy the wicked and that was much different also then the judgments of Revelation and the difference is, that it was one single judgment of a flood that covered the whole earth and that is why he used the arc to save Noah and his family.

However in the Revelation judgments, the judgment s will be here and there and not in all places at once like in the Flood and therefore God will be able to move his saints from any danger of the judgments either by their being lead by the Spirit or miraculously moved by the Spirit like Philipp was.

Last edited:

LOL, look who is talking.

John 17:3 "This is eternal life that they might know you (The Father) The Only True God".

Tell me, is the above to be taken as written? For Jesus very clearly said that The Father alone is The True God and you say that Jesus is also The True God and you have no real proof from scripture to support this idea either for no where is Jesus ever called The Only True God or Yahweh God but God called his own servants by his title of god didn't he?

What about these verses below.

John 5:26 "For just as the Father has life in himself, so he has given unto the Son to have life in himself also"

John 6:57 "For just as The Living Father has sent me and I live because of the Father, so he who eats of me shall live because of me"

Matthew 24:36 "But of that day and hour no man knows, not the angels nor the Son but Only The Father"

Do these mean what Jesus said or not?

interesting heading. "Where did Jesus say that he could come back any time?". Revelation 2:5 "Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent."

Revelation 3:11 "Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown."

Revelation 22:7 "Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book."

Revelation 22:20 "He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus."

Matthew 24:36 "But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only."
Matthew 24:37 "But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be."

Hosea 6:2 "After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight."
(well he been gone only 2 days according to prophet David and the apostle Peter)

:ninja:

interesting heading. "Where did Jesus say that he could come back any time?". Revelation 2:5 "Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent."

Revelation 3:11 "Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown."

Revelation 22:7 "Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book."

Revelation 22:20 "He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus."

Matthew 24:36 "But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only."
Matthew 24:37 "But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be."

Hosea 6:2 "After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight."
(well he been gone only 2 days according to prophet David and the apostle Peter)

And it has been round 2000 years and he still hasn't come and therefore his coming quickly has to be understood from God's point of view and not from ours, for with the Lord one day is as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day 2 Peter 3:8-10.

Our not knowing the day or hour is not the same thing as this idea that some have that Jesus could come back at any time and Paul in 1 Thess 5:1-4 first says that the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night and then right after this, he also said "but you are not in the dark that this day will over come you as a thief.

Therefore it has to do with whether or not one is saved and stays informed by the Lord, for the Bible is clear that certain things will have to take place before he comes and 2 Thessalonians 2:1-12 is one such passage where it states this also.

Nevertheless, any one of us can begin to fall asleep and forget about those signs and that was Jesus' point and not that he could come back at just any old time without the signs needing to be fulfilled first.

Our not knowing the day or hour is not the same thing as this idea that some have that Jesus could come back at any time.
Hebrews 9:28 "So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation."

for he has already returned the first time.... (smile).

Hebrews 9:28 "So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation."

for he has already returned the first time.... (smile).

He didn't return but he appeared for the first time when he was born and notice the verse says he will appear the second time and not that he would return the second time.

There is only one future return of Jesus Christ where he will appear from heaven in the clouds and just like he disappeared out sight into the clouds to go into heaven and just like the angels told the disciples that he would also.

This idea that there will be a secret pre trib rapture of the church is nonsense and especially considering the fact that the church or what is called the church today is in worse shape than it ever has been, they are dreaming, for God is going to use the tribulation to straighten out the mess that has become of what is seen as the church.

Last edited:
He didn't return but he appeared for the first time when he was born and notice the verse says he will appear the second time and not that he would return the second time.
ERROR, ERROR, he returned in Spirit on the Day of Pentecost, in MANIFESTATION of the spiritual gifts. (no eye saw him, because he's Spirit). and in his Parousia, that is yet to happen, then EVERY EYE will see him, Revelation 1:7.

understand. the Lord Jesus return is twofold. he even told them he was coming. John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;" John 14:17 "Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you." John 14:18 "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you." and he did, as said on the day of Pentecost.

Back