Where did reality come from?

SteveB

So that's a Yes to both questions, meaning you agree with the OP that reality as a whole - i.e. including God - could not have come from anywhere/anything/anyone.
You don't actually read for the purpose of understanding and learning, do you?

I stated.

the God whom the bible says his name is YHVH..... he made what we know as reality.
YHVH has always existed.
As we read in Psalm 90.

Before the mountains were brought forth,
Or ever You had formed the earth and the world,
Even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God.

But you said God is part of reality, so who did God come from?

I did not. I stated....

Just because you don't see the truth, does not mean what you think is truth actually true.
We read in Hebrews 1:2-3 that Jesus sustains everything that exists.
So, it does in fact come from a SOMEONE.
We read this several times, throughout the bible.

YHVH always existed.

Nouveau

You don't actually read for the purpose of understanding and learning, do you?

I stated.

the God whom the bible says his name is YHVH..... he made what we know as reality.
YHVH has always existed.
As we read in Psalm 90.

I did not. I stated....

Just because you don't see the truth, does not mean what you think is truth actually true.
We read in Hebrews 1:2-3 that Jesus sustains everything that exists.
So, it does in fact come from a SOMEONE.
We read this several times, throughout the bible.

YHVH always existed.

Are you now saying that God is not part of reality? Or that God has not always existed?

SteveB

Are you now saying that God is not part of reality? Or that God has not always existed?
I'm stating what I previously stated that you don't want to see.

YHVH has always existed.
As we read in Psalm 90.

Nouveau

I'm stating what I previously stated that you don't want to see.

YHVH has always existed.
As we read in Psalm 90.

Edit per mod. This is a discussion board and you may not misrepresent what the poster said in your comments.

Ah, you're evading. Got it.

You don't want to admit that God is either part of reality or not real.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tercon

A Christian thinker asked me: "where did reality come from?"

It's absurd to ask where reality came from. I shall explain.

If one supposes that reality came from somewhere, its origin must be either real or unreal.

It's absurd to suppose that reality came from unreality. Consequently, reality must have come from something real.

But hold on - if that origin was real - then it was also constitutive of reality - and therefore reality (in that Christian's scenario of reality "coming from somewhere") would have existed before it existed - which is equally absurd.

Consequently, reality must not have come from anywhere.
The truth is that reality can only be known to come from a believing mind and from NO other place can it be known to come from.

Nouveau

The truth is that reality can only be known to come from a believing mind and from NO other place can it be known to come from.
False. As per the OP, it is demonstratively impossible for reality to have 'come from' at all.

Ficciones

Bumping this thread for Furion, to move discussion from society ethics politics to a more appropriate sub forum.

Let's not if you can't explain yourself here. Keep it simple for all the simpletons, if that makes you feel superior.

edit: is there a simpler way to mention a user on XenForo - so it will alert them - without quoting one of their posts?

Whateverman

edit: is there a simpler way to mention a user on XenForo - so it will alert them - without quoting one of their posts?
Yup: @Furion

Start with an @ sign, and start typing their user name without finishing. Some AJAX will kick-in to suggest user name matches, and all you have to do is click on the user you're interested in tagging.

You can type this explicitly yourself (as long as you know the member's user ID) as follows:

[USER=211]@Furion[/USER]

EDIT: you can find a user's ID by quoting something they've posted, and then looking at the [quote] tag. It contains both the id of the post you're quoting, and the id of the user who posted it. Like this:

[QUOTE="Ficciones, post: 91689, member: 87"]

EDIT2: when typing these yourself, you can change the text to anything you like. For example, you can tag a user without typing their name like this:

EXAMPLE: I'm tagging you with this, Ficc
CODE: [USER=87]I'm tagging you with this, Ficc[/USER]

Last edited:

Mr Laurier

A Christian thinker asked me: "where did reality come from?"

It's absurd to ask where reality came from. I shall explain.

If one supposes that reality came from somewhere, its origin must be either real or unreal.

It's absurd to suppose that reality came from unreality. Consequently, reality must have come from something real.

But hold on - if that origin was real - then it was also constitutive of reality - and therefore reality (in that Christian's scenario of reality "coming from somewhere") would have existed before it existed - which is equally absurd.

Consequently, reality must not have come from anywhere.
Reality came from northern Saskatchewan.