Where does God get His morals from?

Whatsisface

We often hear the question, where do atheists get their morals from? I would like to know where God get's His morals from.

Why God would say murder or rape for example, is wrong?

Whateverman

We often hear the question, where do atheists get their morals from? I would like to know where God get's His morals from.

As a CARM atheist, I'm qualified to answer for those Christians who routinely spout nonsense on this topic: God's morals come from His nature. He is morality... or some crap like that.

For those Christians who are more thoughtful on this topic, and not prone to spouting whatever dismissive answers they can find to get atheists off their backs, I wouldn't dream of trying to answer for you.

Authentic Nouveau

Your question is pure straw based on facts not in evidence. The Bible doesn't use your heathen jargon "morals" God calls sin out as worthy of death.

Your athe religions with it's rape and mega millions of murders, is wicked man playing god. You are not GOD and don't have the authority to take life including abortion. Sinners want to be their own gods. Selfish atheist sinners.

Whatsisface

As a CARM atheist, I'm qualified to answer for those Christians who routinely spout nonsense on this topic: God's morals come from His nature. He is morality... or some crap like that.

For those Christians who are more thoughtful on this topic, and not prone to spouting whatever dismissive answers they can find to get atheists off their backs, I wouldn't dream of trying to answer for you.
Thanks for the reply.

Whatsisface

Your question is pure straw based on facts not in evidence. The Bible doesn't use your heathen jargon "morals" God calls sin out as worthy of death.

Your athe religions with it's rape and mega millions of murders, is wicked man playing god. You are not GOD and don't have the authority to take life including abortion. Sinners want to be their own gods. Selfish atheist sinners.
How can questions asking for clarification be a strawman?

J regia

So why did Cain(an)'s god protect him from retribution after he killed his brother Abel as a blood sacrifice?
And why was Noah's father also protected from retribution after killing a young man (Gen 4)?
And why did Abraham's god command him to kill his son as a blood sacrifice/
And why didn't Abraham's god tell him that it was sinful to commit adultery with Hagar and have a sexual relationship with his sister when they shared a meal together (Gen 18)?
And why did Moses' god command him to commit genocide (Deut 7:16)?
And why did Moses' god command the termination of pregnancies of adulteresses (Numbers 5:20-28)?

Or is biblical morality just man-made, including the ten commandments etc?

J regia

Lying repeatedly about jobs one never held and academic degrees one never earned is certainly a sin. Is that sin worthy of death?
Revelation 21:8

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Last edited:

Furion

Could be because God knew you might try rape and murder unless you were told?

God let you know before you got the Bright idea of questioning the merits.

Whatsisface

Could be because God knew you might try rape and murder unless you were told?

God let you know before you got the Bright idea of questioning the merits.
I wonder if you realise this doesn't answer the question?
Why does God think these things wrong?

Also Jimbo, if God didn't exist, would you rape and murder?

Furion

I wonder if you realise this doesn't answer the question?
Why does God think these things wrong?

Also Jimbo, if God didn't exist, would you rape and murder?
Do you believe it possible rape and murder could be neutral in your godless universe?

Or do you believe rape and murder must be wrong?

I think you must conclude they are neutral, as distasteful as that may be for you.

You must remember, empathy does not make moral. No more than might makes moral.

I just don't see any way for you atheists in making fiat morality out of your own craftiness.

Mr Laurier

Do you believe it possible rape and murder could be neutral in your godless universe?

I think you must conclude they are neutral, as distasteful as that may be for you.

I just don't see any way for you atheists in making fiat morality out of your own craftiness.
Answer the question.
If God didn't exist, would you rape and murder?
Its a yes/no question, so the only possible answers are either "yes" or "no". There are no other possible answers.

Furion

Answer the question.
If God didn't exist, would you rape and murder?
Its a yes/no question, so the only possible answers are either "yes" or "no". There are no other possible answers.
Silliness. I've already answered it. I would think like an atheist and perhaps do this, or perhaps do that. It matters not.

Mr Laurier

Silliness. I've already answered it. I would think like an atheist and perhaps do this, or perhaps do that. It matters not.
So you admit that you would rape and murder of you thought there was no god to punish you.
What does this say about you?

Whatsisface

What do mean by this?
I know they're wrong.
But I don't. I could just as easily say that you must conclude that I must conclude etc.
I agree. Empathy alone doesn't determine whether something is moral or not, but it can lead to moral behaviour.
Have you stopped beating your wife? This is what worries me about you, you have to be told something is wrong by God, you don't seem to able to figure it out yourself. If God didn't exist, could you rape a woman?

Whatsisface

No you wouldn't, you would think like you think an atheist thinks.

The question is, what would you do? What would be the limit of the evil that you would commit, if there was no God