Where have all the Christians gone?

He paid the price for the law breaking. Not sure why you cant get this
That's not how laws work - if I go to jail because you stole something, that does not "pay the price" for any subsequent theft by you.

The law against theft still applies to you.

I think Jesus would say, do not eat it. I think Jesus would tell his followers to obey the laws that God laid down given he said he was not changing them one jot or one tittle.

What twisting? What are you talking about?

Yes. He specifically said he was not changing the law one jot or one tittle.

And yet Jesus said he was not changing it one jot or one tittle.
Your charade of theology has led you back to the beginning.

The number one question of every atheist theologist is why does the Christian eat shell fish, followed quickly by why does the christian eat porky bacon.

After decades you don't appear any closer to your answer. It's fascinating.

That's not how laws work - if I go to jail because you stole something, that does not "pay the price" for any subsequent theft by you.

The law against theft still applies to you.
it does when all the subsequent penalties are paid for. Thats Jesus
What? If you get fined and I pay your fine?

The number one question of every atheist theologist is why does the Christian eat shell fish,

Top Three Reasons Christians Eat Shrimp:

1. They're not Jews wandering in the wilderness thousands of years ago.
2. Thy like to exercise their freedoms as expressed in the epistle to the Galatians.
3. Shrimps be some tasty morsels.

Then there is nothing I need to do - the debt is paid.

Which is why I find the need for repentance, confusing - if Jesus has "paid my fine", that should be the end of it.

Correct. There's nothing you need to do. So why choose to remain in bondage to the world, the flesh and the devil? You no longer need to. "Repent" just means "change your direction." Come to the One Who liberates you.

That was it. A dictionary definition is "achieve or realize (something desired, promised, or predicted." That is what Jesus has fulfilled, desired, promised and predicted. Completely
So Jesus achieved the law, and now no one needs to keep it? Or did he realise it? How has achieving or realising a law mean it no longer applies?

So Jesus achieved the law, and now no one needs to keep it? Or did he realise it? How has achieving or realising a law mean it no longer applies?
No He fulfilled the law. He realised something desired, promised and predicted. Dont ask a question and then ignore part of the answer. It says achieve OR realise.

No He fulfilled the law. He realised something desired, promised and predicted. Dont ask a question and then ignore part of the answer. It says achieve OR realise.
I did not ignore it. I said "So Jesus achieved the law, and now no one needs to keep it? Or did he realise it? How has achieving or realising a law mean it no longer applies?" Do not respond to a post and then pretend I ignored something I did not.

Now I will ask again, how does realising a law make it no longer apply? I assume you mean realise in the sense of causing something to occur or become actual, rather than to become fully aware of? Hmm, you seem to be kicking the can down the street...

And in what sense is a law "something desired, promised and predicted". Did God desire that pork would not be eaten? Did he promise it or predict it?

I did not ignore it. I said "So Jesus achieved the law, and now no one needs to keep it? Or did he realise it? How has achieving or realising a law mean it no longer applies?" Do not respond to a post and then pretend I ignored something I did not.

Now I will ask again, how does realising a law make it no longer apply? I assume you mean realise in the sense of causing something to occur or become actual, rather than to become fully aware of? Hmm, you seem to be kicking the can down the street...

And in what sense is a law "something desired, promised and predicted". Did God desire that pork would not be eaten? Did he promise it or predict it?

The Levitical laws were all types of the Christ Who was to come. All types have anti-types or that for which the types stood. The sacrifice of sheep was a type, which Christ as the anti-typical Lamb Who was slain a Calvary FULFILLED that law. Same with the scapegoat, the High Priest, the blood, the details of the priest's garments, etc, all types fulfilled by Christ. I admit I don't know what shellfish are a type of, but I look forward to having that explained to me in glory.

But Pixie, if you are interested in how these Levitical laws were typologically fulfillled, again I suggest you read "The Law of the Offerings," by Andrew Jukes, available as a free online read, I think.

You have the answer that you cant see, maybe a spiritual barrier... but its what others are also telling you

Back