Where in Scripture does it say Jesus is angry with Christians

Rc's would rather pray TO mary instead of Jesus. Why do Rc's think Jesus is unapproachable?
The only explanation that makes any sense is a deep-rooted fear. A foreboding anxiety of Judgement Day when they will hear Christ say to them, "Get out of my sight. I never knew you."

The only explanation that makes any sense is a deep-rooted fear. A foreboding anxiety of Judgement Day when they will hear Christ say to them, "Get out of my sight. I never knew you."
You are another one who assumes too much.

I asked a simple question, because anytime we speak of faith in Jesus alone, we get redirected in every direction but the topic of faith in Jesus alone. So it is a fair question to ask.
Your post #1 was a question, your post #2 was a statement, and there is a difference between them. So I will ask a question, who exactly is saying that it says in Scripture that Jesus is angry with Christians?

A new day said:
Rc's would rather pray TO mary instead of Jesus. Why do Rc's think Jesus is unapproachable?
I remember that being aimed at non catholics, not catholics. for catholics He was only approachable thru others like the rcc, pope, mary, ecfs, our priests etc and things we did (confession , prayers to 'saints', fasting, going to Mass etc). there was always a catholic barrier put between us and Him.

thru the rebirth I found out there is no catholic barrier between those who are His and Him. we have a direct line to Him anytime and anywhere, plus He has one to us thru the Holy Spirit and His word.

Your post #1 was a question, your post #2 was a statement, and there is a difference between them. So I will ask a question, who exactly is saying that it says in Scripture that Jesus is angry with Christians?
why does there need to be a particular 'who is saying' it? you aren't the OP are you?

Scripture recounts Jesus being angry with certain attitudes and practices but that was related to His Jewish brethren.

Consider these Scriptures. All of these, are God speaking.

Hebrews 8:12
For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.”

Isaiah 43:25
I, yes I, am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake and remembers your sins no more.

Micah 7:18
Who is a God like You, who pardons iniquity and passes over the transgression of the remnant of His inheritance--who does not retain His anger forever,

Romans 11:27
And this is My covenant with them when I take away their sins."

Some of the passages in Revelation to the 7 Churches could be interpreted as anger, or at least disappointment.

Rev 3:16 So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth. 17 For you say, I am rich, I have prospered, and I need nothing, not realizing that you are wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked.

Rev 3:1 “And to the angel of the church in Sardis write: ‘The words of him who has the seven spirits of God and the seven stars. “‘I know your works. You have the reputation of being alive, but you are dead. 2 Wake up, and strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have not found your works complete in the sight of my God. 3 Remember, then, what you received and heard. Keep it, and repent. If you will not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what hour I will come against you.

Some of the passages in Revelation to the 7 Churches could be interpreted as anger, or at least disappointment.

Rev 3:16 So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth. 17 For you say, I am rich, I have prospered, and I need nothing, not realizing that you are wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked.

Rev 3:1 “And to the angel of the church in Sardis write: ‘The words of him who has the seven spirits of God and the seven stars. “‘I know your works. You have the reputation of being alive, but you are dead. 2 Wake up, and strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have not found your works complete in the sight of my God. 3 Remember, then, what you received and heard. Keep it, and repent. If you will not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what hour I will come against you.

More of disappointment, but do notice that in each of the letters is the invitation to come back to Him in their lifetime, even though they erred. I think this is why I love the "prodigal son" parable Jesus gave; so much. The father greeted his wayward son back home, with arms wide open. This is certainly a picture of our Heavenly Father. We can always look to Him, and talk to Him, when we err or are in need.

I posted this in the roman catholic forum, to discuss this with Rc's whose first impulse is to run to mary when they really need to go directly to God with all their worries and cares. The rcc teaches so to speak, that it is safer to pray TO mary or saints and they will soften the blow for them. the Rc laity does NOT realize that they can go directly to God himself with all their worries and cares.

Atheists see an angry God, but this should NOT be the view of Christians. For He is our Abba, Father. As believers in Christ, He calls us His children, so we shouldn't be fearful of Him or cringing as atheists do, who do NOT know Him and have nothing to look forward to in the next life.

I have seen a few Catholics on here "assume" we hate Mary because we refuse to pray to her, or ascribe powers and glory to her that rightfully belong only to her Divine Son.

But why DO Catholics think they need an intercessor between our dear Savior, and us?
For the same reason that you ask others to pray for you and you pray for others.

Back