Where in Scripture does it say Jesus is angry with Christians

You can bet your sweet bippy that you guys (self-professed believers) mischaracterize Catholic teaching (and practices) a lot!
Really? So those of us former roman catholics who were taught by those well catechized nuns, brothers, priests and bishops in parochial school and homilies and who engaged in the practices of the "church" are wrong? We became biblical believers and jettisoned what was incorrectly taught. We know what was taught and we experienced it first hand. We don't need to mischaracterize anything.

Last edited:
neither quoted scripture in support of it. just more words of men. catholics dig deep into words of men to support what they believe, instead of into scripture.

are catholics afraid of God's word?
Absolutely not! Which is why we trust Scripture when it says the church is the pillar and foundation of Truth, that Peter is the rock upon which the church is built, that we will be judged by our works, that justification/salvation is not by faith alone, that the Eucharist is the Body and Blood of Christ, that Baptism now saves us, that we can fill up what is lacking in the suffering of Christ, that we can offer prayers for the dead, etc …

mica said:
neither quoted scripture in support of it. just more words of men. catholics dig deep into words of men to support what they believe, instead of into scripture.

Absolutely not! Which is why we trust Scripture when it says the church is the pillar and foundation of Truth, that Peter is the rock upon which the church is built, that we will be judged by our works, that justification/salvation is not by faith alone, that the Eucharist is the Body and Blood of Christ, that Baptism now saves us, that we can fill up what is lacking in the suffering of Christ, that we can offer prayers for the dead, etc …
then why don't catholics read and study it and learn to understand it?

if you did then you would learn that all of those false beliefs you've listed are not found in scripture.

everything you've listed is false.

Rc's would rather pray TO mary instead of Jesus. Why do Rc's think Jesus is unapproachable?
Roman Catholics believe that Mary, the saints, the angels and Roman Catholic relics are all objects and images for 'veneration,' which according to Roman Catholic teaching is supposed to be something less than 'worship.' The word 'venerate' originally meant "worship" - from a Latin root - not Anglo-Saxon. In all true and sound God-given wisdom, and in all practicality, it is difficult at best, to see any meaningful difference between 'worship' and 'venerate'. The Roman Catholic Church does not contemplate or expound on the wisdom of God, nor does it encourage Roman Catholics to contemplate on Him either, so it is quite understandable why Roman Catholics see Jesus as being unapproachable.

For the same reason that you ask others to pray for you and you pray for others.
Clue: I'm physically ALIVE, and the people the Bible says should pray one for another are also PHYSICALLY ALIVE, so obviously we Non-Catholics who are obedient to what's taught in the SCRIPTURES.

It's obviously Roman Catholics that are convinced that Jesus doesn't actually CARE about them, and needs to be arm-twisted by Mom, and some collection of "Canonized SAINTS" who've already supposedly "proved" their "HEAVENLY CLOUT", by whomping up at least TWO "miracles" when prayed to after they croaked physically.

Roman Catholic "Theology/Tradition" is utterly nauseating!!! BUT HEY!!!! at least Rome doesn't murder folks who get in their way any more - that's progress!!

So let me see you trust the scripture you think says that your LYING institution is the pillar and foundation of Truth, but you do not trust it when it says check the spirit, examine the scriptures, know the bad tree by its fruit. You institution teaches false doctrines, lies to the authorities to hide evil leaders, lies to the laity about their evil leaders. You ignore the scriptures that state that those who do not expose sin become part of the sin.

It seems RCs just cherry pick some verses they believe the rest they ignore.

I've repeatedly seen Catholics with my own eyes engage in divination, or provide testimony to a group of Catholics that they engage in divination. Moreover, we have plenty of proof that Catholics wholeheartedly endorse communications between their faithful and Mary, e.g. Fatima, Lourdes, etc. etc. etc. etc.
Those apparitions are demonic in origin and give me the creeps. But Catholics are too spiritually blind to see them for what they truly are.

Satan can disguise himself as an angel of light, mixing in just enough truth with his lies to make his lies palatable and believable.

Your need to insult my faith isn't coming from the Holy Spirit. Some self examination might be in order.
To paraphrase Paul: "Have we now become your enemy for speaking the truth to you?" The truth hurts sometimes, but it is still the truth. Jesus told the Pharisees some uncomfortable truths about themselves that they took exception to. So did Stephen. So did Wycliffe. So did Hus. So did Luther....

Leonard isn't trying to insult anyone or anything, not even your church. He is speaking the truth and trying desperately to get through to you and other Catholics. But alas, you all resist the HS. May Catholics everywhere stop doing so and see the truth!

To paraphrase Paul: "Have we now become your enemy for speaking the truth to you?" The truth hurts sometimes, but it is still the truth. Jesus told the Pharisees some uncomfortable truths about themselves that they took exception to. So did Stephen. So did Wycliffe. So did Hus. So did Luther....

Leonard isn't trying to insult anyone or anything, not even your church. He is speaking the truth and trying desperately to get through to you and other Catholics. But alas, you all resist the HS. May Catholics everywhere stop doing so and see the truth!
Except as a Christian I know the scripture teaching on how this manifests in a real Christian such as Paul teaching the Colossians 3.

12 Therefore, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience. 13 Bear with one another and, if anyone has a complaint against another, forgive each other; just as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. 14 Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony. 15 And let the peace of Christ[ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. 16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly; teach and admonish one another in all wisdom; and with gratitude in your hearts sing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs to God. 17 And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

When this person is not witnessing to me in such a way, I know for absolute certain they are not witnessing in Christ.

Except as a Christian I know the scripture teaching on how this manifests in a real Christian such as Paul teaching the Colossians 3.

12 Therefore, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience. 13 Bear with one another and, if anyone has a complaint against another, forgive each other; just as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. 14 Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony. 15 And let the peace of Christ[ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. 16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly; teach and admonish one another in all wisdom; and with gratitude in your hearts sing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs to God. 17 And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

When this person is not witnessing to me in such a way, I know for absolute certain they are not witnessing in Christ.
Oh that sounds lovely, pity your leaders do not reflect what you are posting. Their example over the centuries is to lie, to molest children, to rape nuns, to force conversions in the past, to sleep with whoever outside of marriage, to teach false doctrines, to put burdens on the people the list is long.

Bonnie always witnesses that way. Of course you don't practice what you preach as you do not witness that way, so you by your own words are not witnessing in Christ. I prefer to always state the truth whether you like to hear it or not and then we see how most RCs react to the truth and the truth shows their institution is the bad tree.

You make false claims about others, accusing them of ad hominems when they don't make them, it is all in your mind.

So let me see you trust the scripture you think says that your LYING institution is the pillar and foundation of Truth, but you do not trust it when it says check the spirit, examine the scriptures, know the bad tree by its fruit. You institution teaches false doctrines, lies to the authorities to hide evil leaders, lies to the laity about their evil leaders. You ignore the scriptures that state that those who do not expose sin become part of the sin.

It seems RCs just cherry pick some verses they believe the rest they ignore.
I believe all of it, including the verses about checking the spirit, bad (and good) fruit, examining scripture, etc. There is no book, passage, or verse that I do not believe. You are confusing your private interpretation with Scripture itself.

I believe all of it, including the verses about checking the spirit, bad (and good) fruit, examining scripture, etc. There is no book, passage, or verse that I do not believe. You are confusing your private interpretation with Scripture itself.
Really then why were not ALL those pedophile priests not removed as 1 Cor 5:11 states should happen. Why do the laity just accept what the RCC leadership decides and not stand up in force and demand a change? Why do you follow Marian beliefs? Why do accept the burdens laid on you by your false leaders?

No I am confusing my private interpretation with scripture itself, no it is RCs who confuse the lies of their leaders with scripture.

Stella1000 said:
Your need to insult my faith isn't coming from the Holy Spirit.
you think the truth insults your religion / faith in a false teacher? what the rcc teaches is an insult to God and His word!

your 'faith' in men does not come from the Holy Spirit. the Holy Spirit can't contradict scripture - that is what the rcc does.

Some self examination might be in order.
yes, catholics should do that - examine their own hearts and examine actual scripture vs rcc teachings.

you're a catholic - a follower of a man-made religion, not a follower of Christ and His teachings.

12 Therefore, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience. 13 Bear with one another and, if anyone has a complaint against another, forgive each other; just as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. 14 Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony. 15 And let the peace of Christ[ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful.
paul is speaking to believers regarding other believers. God's chosen ones have experienced the rebirth. those who haven't experienced it are not yet forgiven / saved.

16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly; teach and admonish one another in all wisdom; and with gratitude in your hearts sing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs to God.
His word does not dwell in catholics. the words of the rcc men dwell in catholics. what scripture says and what the rcc teaches are not the same. One is of God, the other of man. you cannot serve 2 masters - it's God or man, not both.

17 And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

that isn't something that catholics do. they 'go thru' other humans (dead or alive) which is contrary to His word.

This is were we discuss RC beliefs and that is not an insult. It is not our fault so many are false. If you are insulted by the truth being revealed RCs, it is not our fault. If you cannot defend your beliefs that is not our fault. If you prefer to follow men and what they say rather than God, that is not our fault.

Another thought this oh poor me attitude of RCs goes back to another one of their false teachings. Everyone is against you because you belong to the one true church and they don't. The devil doesn't need to worry about them, he has them already, but he does want you. Beware, Be careful.

This teaching was false yet it was pounded into us by the nuns.

No one insulted your faith. Its flaws are being discussed. Worshipping. . . er venerating Mary is an affront to her child. The Savior, God the Father and the Holy Spirit to say nothing of His Word.
No. I'm personally accused.

Back