Where Is The Line Of GOD and MAN With Jesus?

We know JESUS is BOTH...GOD and MAN...The MAN died and lived within the limitations of our human race and yet he still was GOD...everyone chime in on this I want to see the responses.

We know JESUS is BOTH...GOD and MAN...The MAN died and lived within the limitations of our human race and yet he still was GOD...everyone chime in on this I want to see the responses.

Actually the Bible says Jesus is God “manifest in the flesh” (God “incarnate”).

In other words, Jesus is “God AS man” rather than “God AND man”.

1 Timothy 3:16... And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Which verse says Jesus is both God AND man?

1 Timothy 3:16... And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Actually, the word “God” is not in the Greek text.

Beyond question, great is the mystery of godliness: He who was revealed in the flesh, Was vindicated in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Proclaimed among the nations, Believed on in the world, Taken up in glory.

The only Person manifested in the flesh and taken up in glory is Jesus, the Son of God.

1 John 3:8 the one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The Son of God appeared (manifested) for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil.

I'm leaving town in the morning for a week so probably not a good time to enter a conversation, but oh well, here goes. I'm also not sure I understand the question completely but certainly in line with the question is this: Jesus wasn't only a man, He was completely divine and completely human. In Jesus Christ divinity was literally revealed through humanity, divinity was not circumscribed by humanity. The Son was as omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent at the moment of conception and throughout His life on Earth as He was before it. And before someone asks, yes, He knew the exact time of His return. This is the Historic Christian Faith.

TheLayman

Thomas said it best...John 20:28...And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Thomas said it best...John 20:28...And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Just to clarify (since you say this is the best passage to prove Jesus is God AND man rather than God AS man)...

According to your Trinitarian view, “Lord” refers specifically to the MAN Jesus (the human nature of the second Person of the Trinity).

Correct?

Just to clarify (since you say this is the best passage to prove Jesus is God AND man rather than God AS man)...

According to your Trinitarian view, “Lord” refers specifically to the MAN Jesus (the human nature of the second Person of the Trinity).

Correct?

Actually, that isn't the Trinitarian view.

Mar 12:29 Jesus answered, “The foremost is, ‘HEAR, ISRAEL! THE LORD G2962 IS OUR GOD, THE LORD IS ONE;

Mar 2:28 “So the Son of Man is Lord G2962, even of the Sabbath.”

Mat_11:25 At that time Jesus said, “I praise You, Father, Lord G2962 of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent, and have revealed them to infants.

Luk_1:32 “He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High; and the Lord G2962 God will give Him the throne of His father David;

Luk_10:21 At that very time He rejoiced greatly in the Holy Spirit, and said, “I praise You, Father, Lord G2962 of heaven and earth, that You

G2962 From κῦρος kuros (supremacy); supreme in authority, that is, (as noun) controller; by implication Mr. (as a respectful title): - God, Lord, master, Sir.

The same term kuros (Lord) is used equally in reference to the Son of Man, GOD, and the Father. And it goes without saying, Jesus is referred to as Lord many times.

Correct?
We know Jesus is MAN...when Thomas the APOSTLE identified him as GOD...Jesus did not correct him.
Jesus has ownership in 2 classes of existence...GOD and MAN...John 20:28 is clear.

We know JESUS is BOTH...GOD and MAN
Jesus who is GOD, the Only one Person in the Godhead, "SHARED" himself in flesh in LIKENESS of the "creaded" Adam. supportive scripture, Philippians 2:7 "But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:"
so the NATURE of God, (spirit), was not made, but the body he came in was. supportive scripture, Hebrews 10:5 "Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:"

and as for his NATURE, scripture, Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:" meaning the Lord Jesus is God himsel, "SHARED" .... "EQUALLY" in a body of flesh and blood in aG2758 κενόω kenoo state, not in INNWARD Nature, but in OUTWARD Nature, which he as Spirit, took on... scripture, Hebrews 2:14 "Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;"

so his Nature, Spirit, ...... "TOOK ON", flesh and blood, which is not his true nature, but a nature that was Taken on.

PICJAG, 101G.

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking.

Are you separating Jesus into two natures, a man and God? The incarnation was God becoming a man and yet remaining transcendent to the man that he became.

A...
It can't be B...God does not have a heart beat or the ability to die...ONLY a human being can experience that...not God.

Just to clarify your view...

Did Jesus experience death?

I say Yes.

Acts 2:35... Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, thatGod hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

You say "The MAN died and lived within the limitations of our human race and yet he still was GOD."

Just to clarify your statement...

Does "he" refer to "The MAN"?

According to English grammar it would.

If not, perhaps you would like to change your statement to...

We know JESUS is BOTH...GOD and MAN...Jesus the MAN died and lived within the limitations of our human race and yet Jesus the GOD still was GOD...everyone chime in on this I want to see the responses.

Back