"Where was your Church before Luther?"

Did Jesus tell them that the Gentiles don't need to be circumcised? No.
Not only the Gentiles but also the Jews.
Read Gal 2:11-16 where Paul confronted Peter for imposing the law on the Gentiles. The law if circumcision was and is no longer valid for anyone. For they had been saved by FAITH, not by trying to keep the law! Beside, circumcision never was salvific, it was only to signify that a person was of Jewish descent.

Last edited:
Not only the Gentiles but also the Jews.
Read Gal 2:11-16 where Paul confronted Peter for imposing the law on the Gentiles. The law if circumcision was and is no longer valid for anyone. For they had been saved by FAITH, not by trying to keep the law! Beside, circumcision never was salvific, it was only to signify that a person was of Jewish descent.
Jesus didn't tell them.

Jesus didn't tell them.
in you view:
are the written words from God less authoritative than the spoken words from God?
or are they both at the same level of authority?
IOW are the books of Isaiah, Romans, and Galatians, etc as authoritative as God speaking?

Could you provide the quote? I would really like to see if he used the words "faith" and "alone".
You're making it too easy we all know where a dead faith is found in Scripture, without works . To state the obvious, that is not "alone".

JoeT

True or False?

Jesus equated what the "Whoever" heard the 72 say
with what the 72 heard Jesus say.

"Whoever listens to you (the 72)
listens to me". (Jesus)

IOW: the 72 taught what they had heard from Jesus
I wasn't there so I don't know if it is true or false.

I wasn't there so I don't know if it is true or false.
well let's reason though Scripture

"Whoever listens to you
listens to me".

first replace the pronouns in context:
is this correct?
listens to me". (Jesus)

Next:
is hearing is involved with listening?

well let's reason though Scripture

"Whoever listens to you
listens to me".

first replace the pronouns in context:
is this correct?
listens to me". (Jesus)

Next:
is hearing is involved with listening?
The problem is neither you nor I are successors of the 72. If you are, then you must be Catholic and a subject of the Pope. No? If not then we don't have to listen to error.

JoeT

Stella1000 said:
What I suspected from the beginning was that you had sourced a cherry picked sentence (from Chapter 32) taken out of the context of the whole letter. If you access the whole letter you'll find it goes on to behoove us to (Chapter 33) Let Us Not Give Up the Practice of Good Works and Love and (Chapter 34) Great is the Reward of Good Works with God. Joined Together in Harmony, Let Us Implore that Reward from Him.

Those verses of the letter you cite, explain perfectly Catholic teaching on faith and works.
Luther would agree with that.
And by the grace of the Holy Spirit and through ecumenical dialogue, technically we have come closer to a common language which reflects that, culminating in the 1999 document...

Joint Declaration on the Doctrine of Justification By the Lutheran World Federation and the Catholic Church

The problem is neither you nor I are successors of the 72. If you are, then you must be Catholic and a subject of the Pope. No? If not then we don't have to listen to error.

JoeT
No it is the rcc that has not listened and is in error. You prefer their evil leadership and false teachings, as rcs say it is your choice

JoeT
???
Can you name the 72?

Why would I want to be a successors of the 72

They are pre-Pentecost
pre filing with the Holy Spirt
Pre Peter's confession
so they don't even know Jesus is the Christ

Back