Where will you spend eternity?

Here is the passage. The phrase bolded in verse 13 is shown to apply just to one person. Himself is singular. So “the great God and our Saviour“ applies only to Jesus Christ, so Christ is called “the great God”.

13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works. - Titus 2:13-14
"Glorious appearing" is not a proper translation. The true grammatical translation and transliteration, word for word, is "The appearing of the glory of the great God and Savior of us Jesus Christ."

Nowhere else in scripture is the "appearing of the glory of Jesus Christ" substitutable with the appearing of Jesus Christ himself. This tends to rule out the Trinitarian rendition as much on theological grounds, as on grammatical grounds.

"Glorious appearing" is not a proper translation. The true grammatical translation and transliteration, word for word, is "The appearing of the glory of the great God and Savior of us Jesus Christ."

Nowhere else in scripture is the "appearing of the glory of Jesus Christ" substitutable with the appearing of Jesus Christ himself. This tends to rule out the Trinitarian rendition as much on theological grounds, as on grammatical grounds.
First I do not agree. You do not have the originals and the King James Bible is correct. So forget the correct translation stuff. Secondly verse 14 would still have the great God apply to Jesus Christ because of the word, himself.

First I do not agree. You do not have the originals and the King James Bible is correct. So forget the correct translation stuff. Secondly verse 14 would still have the great God apply to Jesus Christ because of the word, himself.
The Greek speaks for itself. Who cares about English translations? Not me. Titus 2:14 relates to Jesus Christ, obviously, because "the glory of the great God" is an unbreakable genitive construct, and so only a single person is being denoted here, i.e. Jesus Christ.

The Greek speaks for itself. Who cares about English translations? Not me. Titus 2:14 relates to Jesus Christ, obviously, because "the glory of the great God" is an unbreakable genitive construct, and so only a single person is being denoted here, i.e. Jesus Christ.
Exactly, so the phrase "the great God and our Saviour" applies to the only person it could, Jesus Christ, proved by the 3 singular pronouns in verse 14.

Exactly, so the phrase "the great God and our Saviour" applies to the only person it could, Jesus Christ, proved by the 3 singular pronouns in verse 14.
I said the "of the Glory of the great God" is an unbreakable genitive construct.

appearing ..... of the glory of the great God .... and ..... of our savior......

There is nothing that suggests "appearing ..... of the glory of (the great god and our savior Jesus Christ) ....." because Paul is talking about the physical appearing of Jesus Christ in person, as we know from the gospels, where he spoke of himself appearing in the Father's glory.

You have "a strong bias" AGAINST anything regarding the Trinity.
So why should anyone take you seriously?!

99.9999999% of professing Christians disagree with you.
So why should anyone care in the least about your worthless opinion?
With all due respect, you are 100% IGNORANT of Greek grammar.
The grammar is IRREFUTABLE.

In Greek "article" "substantive" "kai" "substantive" means that BOTH substantives refer to the SAME person.
So your 'peers" are those who are BIASED against the Trinity.
And you don't have a problem with that?!

Actually I don't have a bias against the Trinity. That isn't how I operate anyway. I believe based on the best available evidences and proofs and as new information becomes available then I adapt as necessary. I was a Trinitarian at first, really just because that's what I was taught to believe. I am surprised when anyone who claims to study the Bible still insists on Trinitarianism.

What I have a strong bias toward is the truth. Where you should be starting are with the absolutes. For example, the only true God is the Father (John 17:3). This has to be true all of the time and it can't have exceptions. That verse alone contradicts basically everything you believe. That's a problem for you and your beliefs.

Read it again.

9 Exhort bondservants to be obedient to their own masters, to be well pleasing in all things, not answering back, 10 not pilfering, but showing all good fidelity, that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Savior in all things.

11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, 12 teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, 13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, 14 who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.
The appearing of our Great God and Savior Jesus. = Two persons
The appearing of our Charismatic Lady and Running Man. = Two persons

Are you and I two separate persons? Then God and Jesus are two separate persons.

I love the set of scriptures and the emphasized words.
Do you love these scriptures? I would say that you do not!

John 12:49 KJV: For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

John 7:16. Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.

John 5 :17 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

John 5:19. “Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.”

I am surprised when anyone who claims to study the Bible still insists on Trinitarianism.

That's because YOU don't understand the Bible.

What I have a strong bias toward is the truth.

No, you HATE the truth.
You REJECT the truth.

Where you should be starting are with the absolutes. For example, the only true God is the Father (John 17:3). This has to be true all of the time and it can't have exceptions. That verse alone contradicts basically everything you believe.

No, actually, it doesn't.
That's proof that YOU don't understand my beliefs.

That's a problem for you and your beliefs.

Nope, not my problem.
YOU are the only one who seems to have a "problem" with it.

That's because YOU don't understand the Bible.

No, you HATE the truth.
You REJECT the truth.

No, actually, it doesn't.
That's proof that YOU don't understand my beliefs.

Nope, not my problem.
YOU are the only one who seems to have a "problem" with it.
You still havent answered, who do you suppose Jesus spoke of when he said the below.

You cant answer that can you!

John 12:49 KJV: For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

John 7:16. Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.

John 5 :17 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

John 5:19. “Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.”

You still havent answered, who do you suppose Jesus spoke of when he said the below.

Still with the same wrong interpretation of those verses.

The Bible is quite clear that God created all things. This is clearly shown in Genesis 1 and other parts of the Old Testament (Exo 20:11, Exo 31:17, et al).

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. - Gen 1:1

But the New Testament declares that Jesus Christ created all things. So, the following verses prove that Jesus Christ is God Almighty.

All things were made by him; and without him was not anything made that was made. - John 1:3

He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. - John 1:10

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: - Col 1:16

In the following verse Jesus declares Himself as “I am”.

Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. - John 8:58

God used the same phrase about himself in the Old Testament. That phrase means always existed, always will exist. That means Christ is God.

And God said unto Moses, I Am That I Am: and he said, thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I Am hath sent me unto you. - Exo 3:14

In the following verse, Thomas calls Jesus Christ, “God”. Christ did not correct him.

And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. - John 20:28

In the Old Testament, God refers to Himself as “the first” and “the last” in Isa 41:4, Isa 44:6 and Isa 48:12. Jesus Christ is called “Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending” in Rev 1:8. Christ is called “Alpha and Omega, the first and the last” in Rev 1:11. Jesus Christ is called “the first and the last” in Rev 1:17. Christ is also called “Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end” in Rev 21:6. Finally, Christ is called “Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last” in Rev 22:13. All these prove that Christ is God.

In Rev 1:18, Christ is called “the Almighty”. Thus, Jesus Christ is God.

In Rev 22:6, Jesus Christ is called “the Lord God of the holy prophets”. Again, this is another proof that Christ is God. Note, one of the purposes of the book of Revelation is to declare who Christ is, and that is, Christ is the Almighty, God.

In Micah 5:2, Jesus Christ is said to be “from everlasting”, meaning He has always existed. This is another proof that Christ is God.

In Heb 7:3, the phrase “having neither beginning of days” is attributed to Christ. Thus, Christ has no beginning and is thus God.

Heb 1:8 says, “But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne O God”. Thus, Christ is called God.

In Heb 1:6, it says of Christ, “let all the angles of God worship him”. The angels only worship God, so Christ is God.

In Heb 1:2, it says of Jesus Christ, “by whom also he made the worlds”. So, Christ is the Creator, that is, God Almighty.

In Isa 9:6, it refers to Christ as “The Mighty God”. Again, this proves Jesus Christ is God.

In Daniel 9:24, Christ is referred to as “the most holy”. That proves He is God.

In Rom 15:12, Jesus is referred to as “the root of Jesse”. In Rev 5:5, Christ is called “the Root of David”. And in Rev 22:16, Christ is called “the root and offspring of David”. But in the genealogy of Christ found in Luke 3, the root of Jesse and the root of David is God. So Christ is God.

In 1 Tim 3:16, describes Christ as “God manifest in the flesh”. So, Jesus Christ is God.

Phil 2:6 says of Christ, “Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God”. Again this proves Christ is God.

In 1 Cor 15:47, Jesus is referred to as “the Lord from heaven” and 1 Cor 12:3 says “Jesus is the Lord”. The Lord is God (see Exo 6:2, et al), so both declare that Jesus Christ is God.

Titus 2:10 "Not purloining, but shewing all good fidelity; that they may adorn the doctrine of the Saviour of us, God, in all things."

That God is our Savior is standard OT doctrine. Salvation is "of God" (Luke 3:6, Acts 28:28) and "by Christ" (1 Thess 5:9).

The insertion of "Glorious appearing" in Titus 2:13 in place of "appearing of the glory of the great God" is called destroying the grammar to make the sentence mean something other than it says.
What translation is correct? I used the NKJV as always. Nevertheless it is about the second coming of Jesus and His glorious appearing. He is coming very soon. The world is showing all the signs, so look up, our redemption draws close

The Bible is quite clear that God created all things. This is clearly shown in Genesis 1 and other parts of the Old Testament (Exo 20:11, Exo 31:17, et al).

But the New Testament declares that Jesus Christ created all things. So, the following verses prove that Jesus Christ is God Almighty.

All things were made by him; and without him was not anything made that was made. - John 1:3

He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. - John 1:10

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: - Col 1:16

Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. - John 8:58

God used the same phrase about himself in the Old Testament. That phrase means always existed, always will exist. That means Christ is God.

And God said unto Moses, I Am That I Am: and he said, thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I Am hath sent me unto you. - Exo 3:14

In the following verse, Thomas calls Jesus Christ, “God”. Christ did not correct him.

In the Old Testament, God refers to Himself as “the first” and “the last” in Isa 41:4, Isa 44:6 and Isa 48:12. Jesus Christ is called “Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending” in Rev 1:8. Christ is called “Alpha and Omega, the first and the last” in Rev 1:11. Jesus Christ is called “the first and the last” in Rev 1:17. Christ is also called “Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end” in Rev 21:6. Finally, Christ is called “Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last” in Rev 22:13. All these prove that Christ is God.

In Rev 22:6, Jesus Christ is called “the Lord God of the holy prophets”. Again, this is another proof that Christ is God. Note, one of the purposes of the book of Revelation is to declare who Christ is, and that is, Christ is the Almighty, God.

In Micah 5:2, Jesus Christ is said to be “from everlasting”, meaning He has always existed. This is another proof that Christ is God.

In Heb 7:3, the phrase “having neither beginning of days” is attributed to Christ. Thus, Christ has no beginning and is thus God.

Heb 1:8 says, “But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne O God”. Thus, Christ is called God.

In Heb 1:6, it says of Christ, “let all the angles of God worship him”. The angels only worship God, so Christ is God.

In Heb 1:2, it says of Jesus Christ, “by whom also he made the worlds”. So, Christ is the Creator, that is, God Almighty.

In Isa 9:6, it refers to Christ as “The Mighty God”. Again, this proves Jesus Christ is God.

In Daniel 9:24, Christ is referred to as “the most holy”. That proves He is God.

In Rom 15:12, Jesus is referred to as “the root of Jesse”. In Rev 5:5, Christ is called “the Root of David”. And in Rev 22:16, Christ is called “the root and offspring of David”. But in the genealogy of Christ found in Luke 3, the root of Jesse and the root of David is God. So Christ is God.

In 1 Tim 3:16, describes Christ as “God manifest in the flesh”. So, Jesus Christ is God.

Phil 2:6 says of Christ, “Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God”. Again this proves Christ is God.

In 1 Cor 15:47, Jesus is referred to as “the Lord from heaven” and 1 Cor 12:3 says “Jesus is the Lord”. The Lord is God (see Exo 6:2, et al), so both declare that Jesus Christ is God.
Gm, rm and his ilk will ignore all the verses you are showing them of God's Word and focus on their pet verses that their father of lies told them mean, 'see Jesus is not God'. They've been shown the error of what their father is telling them many times on these threads and leading them to try and snatch God's true children from Him. As if they could! They need to Repent!

<sigh>
So I guess you're another one of those rude people who thinks it's perfectly fine to harass people and demand their time.

Guess what, heretic?
I am not your slave.
You are not my Lord.
You do not get to boss me around, or make demands of me.
You do not get to harass me.
I have one Lord.
His name is Jesus.
And you ain't Him.

And guess what?
Questions are NOT valid arguments.

I'm not here to play "Twenty Questions" with you, and waste my time answering all your stupid, insulting, and irrelevant questions.

DO.
YOU.
UNDERSTAND?

Of course I can answer.
But why should I waste my time, when you are a heretic trying to get me to reject the Scriptures?

<sigh>
He's speaking of the Father.
Are you truly that ignorant of Scripure that you didn't realize that?

This is why it's a colossal waste of time for me to answer your stupid and time-wasting questions.

Now kindly stop harassing me.

Because you mis interpret that what Jesus said of himself. How can it be misinterpreted if you read what he said of himself?

Fact is, you do not follow Jesus in what he said of himself and his God.
Amen
Amen
No it isn't at all, here is what Jesus said about that, and it is very hard to miss what he said unless you are trying top put words in his mouth.
Amen.
And it is very obvious that you do not know Him.

No he doesnt at all. He never spoke of himself but only of his Father who sent him. You just do not follow the ways of Jesus in the Father is all. Jesus was very clear he could do noting without his God who sent him. You just do not follow the ways of Jesus in the Father is all.
Jesus he was very clear he never spoke of himself but of his God who sent him. You are totally antichrist in what Jesus actually said.
God used the same phrase about himself in the Old Testament.
God never mentioned Jesus at all in the old text. However he did mention that you are supposed to be like Him.
That phrase means always existed, always will exist. That means Christ is God.
Yes God always has been a Spirit and man is the recipient of Him, for He never has changed one inkling.
And I say the same thing, GHod has sent me just as He sent Jesus, and Adam, and Abraham, and Moses and Jesus and 120 the very same.
No he doesnt, Jesus was very clear to Thomas. God is a Spirit and Spirit doesnt have flesh and bone as you see me.
I said the same thing when God came to me and open up who He is just as He did in Jesus, only then did Jesus go about doing the things of God and not before. Before he was like you teaching your laws in the temple, or you case your church.
In the Old Testament, God refers to Himself as “the first” and “the last” in Isa 41:4, Isa 44:6 and Isa 48:12.
Amen and he was very clear in that in Is 45:7.
Jesus Christ is called “Alpha and Omega,,
No he is not, Jesus only spoke of his God who sent him.

the beginning and the ending” in Rev 1:8. Christ is called “Alpha and Omega, the first and the last” in Rev 1:11.
Yes Christy is, Christ = Gods anointing in man.

Jesus Christ is called “the first and the last” in Rev 1:17.
No he isn't at all. Jesus was a son of God just as we all are who has the same from Him as Jesus received from Him in Matt 3:16, you just havent received the same to be born of God yourself is all.
Christ is also called “Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end” in Rev 21:6.

Ys and Adam was the first to know God and become like Him, Gen 3:22, not Jesus.

Finally, Christ is called “Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last” in Rev 22:13. All these prove that Christ is God.
Yes Christ is Gods anointed ones. We are Christs and Christ is Gods.

Christ is God and Jesus received from God His anointing in Matt 3:16 just as we all do who is born again of God and has that same renewing of mind as Jesus received from God Himself in Matt 3:16 where God opens up in Jesus who He is and all of His heaven in that man.

In Rev 22:6, Jesus Christ is called “the Lord God of the holy prophets”.
No he isn't at all, Jesus was very clear he could do noting at all without his God who sent him.
Again, this is another proof that Christ is God. Note, one of the purposes of the book of Revelation is to declare who Christ is, and that is, Christ is the Almighty, God.
Here is the proof from Jesus Himself that he was Gods son.

You just deny that what Jesus said of himself and his God is all. You have made your own god flesh making you the creator of your god of flesh.

Again, and you refuse to answer -- who do you say it was Jesus was referring to in his own words?

Just man up and admit you do not Believe Jesus in what he said of himself and his God.

Gm, rm and his ilk will ignore all the verses you are showing them of God's Word and focus on their pet verses that their father of lies told them mean, 'see Jesus is not God'. They've been shown the error of what their father is telling them many times on these threads and leading them to try and snatch God's true children from Him. As if they could! They need to Repent!
Didnt ignore it at all. What is ignored is what Jesus said of himself and his God by you guys. Here is what he said.

And answer if you can, but I know and you know you won't answer for if you did it would put you under conviction for your errors about Jesus and God.

Who do you say it was Jesus was referring to in what he said about his God? You won't answer.

Didnt ignore it at all. What is ignored is what Jesus said of himself and his God by you guys. Here is what he said.

And answer if you can, but I know and you know you won't answer for if you did it would put you under conviction for your errors about Jesus and God.

Who do you say it was Jesus was referring to in what he said about his God? You won't answer.

Yes Jesus said that I we believe everything He said, unlike you.

Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM. - John 8:58

The appearing of our Great God and Savior Jesus. = Two persons
The appearing of our Charismatic Lady and Running Man. = Two persons

Are you and I two separate persons? Then God and Jesus are two separate persons.

Jesus is the outer shell of the invisible Father and Holy Spirit. They are one. Jesus has the mind of the Father, just as we have the mind of Christ if we are born again.

Yes Jesus said that I we believe everything He said, unlike you.

You dont Believe Jesus is all. Here is what he said about himself and his God.

Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM. - John 8:58
Here is what he said about that.

Christ is Gods anointing in man to have His same mind. Jesus defiantly was anointed of God whether you think so or not.

Fact is Jesus didnt even know God nor His heaven until God came to him by the Spirit He is and opened up who He is and all of His heaven in that man just as He does all then and today whop will recieve Him.

Yes'. you guys just do not Believe Jesus in what he says is all. You can read what Jesus said then tell him he is wrong. How interesting that is of you.

Even though you can read what Jesus said then flat out say he was wrong.

May I ask who it was Jesus was referring to in the below in what he said of himself and his God?

Back