Where's the Holy GHOST?

So tell us- why did the churches come up with a GHOST?
You know a ghost is supposed to be, don't you?

Is this thread about a translation of "pneuma" you don't like?

"Ghost is the English representative of the usual West Germanic word for "supernatural being."

Then when Jesus was baptized 'He' had ANOTHER God (the Holy Ghost/the Holy Spirit) join 'Him'....
A 1/3 God...
oh ....so is this thread is about the Trinity that you don't accept or a translation you don't like?
(I first thought it was about the omnipresence of God....Where's the Holy GHOST?)

Clearly state your point

BOO!

Here I am:

Acts 7:51-52
King James Version

51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

52 Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers:

Who is said to speak to and through the Prophets of the Old Testament?

Hebrews 10:15-18 King James Version

15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,

16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

Who is said to have made promises to men, particularly in regards to Salvation?

John 14:15-18 King James Version

15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Who indwells those who call on the Name of Jesus Christ, who are eternally indwelt by the Spirit of God the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost?

John 16:7-9 King James Version

7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

Who is the One that convicts unbelievers of sin, that Christ said He would send?

Okay, last question—

—who you gonna call?

God bless.

I DID!
When Jesus was baptized 'He' had ANOTHER God (the Holy Ghost/the Holy Spirit) join 'Him'....
A 1/3 God...

Izatit?

How many Gods do you see in the following passage:

John 14:15-23 King James Version

15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Second question: if you believe in the God of the Old Testament—

Isaiah 44:6
Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Isaiah 48:12
Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last.

—why would the fact that He took upon Himself flesh, died in that flesh to provide a vicarious death for sinners, return to heaven and send the Comforter—make you think there is more than one God, and that there would be a multiplicity of gods if He manifests in Three Persons?

Revelation 1:8 King James Version

8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Revelation 1:17-18
King James Version

17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Revelation 22:12-13 King James Version

12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Revelation 22:16-17 King James Version

16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Scripture makes it very clear the Son is God. God is the First and the Last. The Son is the First and the Last.

See how They are One?

Do you remember this statement...

Genesis 22:8 KJV
And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

That is precisely what God did, He provided Himself a Lamb.

He is the Lamb of God, and He is God.

You either believe what Scripture states or you don't.

God bless.

When Jesus was baptized 'He' had ANOTHER God (the Holy Ghost/the Holy Spirit) join 'Him'....
A 1/3 God...

Izatit?

Could you show me where the Spirit of God "joined Him?"

He, the Spirit, came upon Him:

Matthew 3:15-17 King James Version

15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.

16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Mark 1:9-11 King James Version

9 And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan.

10 And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him:

11 And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Luke 3:21-22
King James Version

21 Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened,

22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

John 1:32-33 King James Version

32 And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.

33 And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

Where exactly do we see the Holy Ghost "joining Him?"

God bless.

Deuteronomy 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.

One God

And ...?

Isaiah 44:6
Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Isaiah 48:12
Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last.

—why would the fact that He took upon Himself flesh, died in that flesh to provide a vicarious death for sinners, return to heaven and send the Comforter—make you think there is more than one God, and that there would be a multiplicity of gods if He manifests in Three Persons?

Revelation 1:8 King James Version

8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Revelation 1:17-18 King James Version

17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Revelation 22:12-13 King James Version

12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Revelation 22:16-17 King James Version

16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Scripture makes it very clear the Son is God. God is the First and the Last. The Son is the First and the Last.

See how They are One?

Address the point, if you don't mind.

God bless.

When Jesus was baptized 'He' had ANOTHER God (the Holy Ghost/the Holy Spirit) join/set upon/came/visited/said "Hi!" 'Him'....
A 1/3 God...

Izatit?

Apparently so.

You have been given several posts that show that God is Triune, and that each member of the Godhead is called God.

You are wasting space on this forum if you aren't going to bother to address the challenges given you.

But I understand, seeing that your position is ridiculous and rejects the Word of God. I'd be embarrassed if I held your position too.

So if you want to step up and play with the grown-ups, start addressing the points. If not, I think it would be rather easy for you to find a forum that likes to discuss bigfoot and UFOs.

;)

God bless.

Back