Which Bible Commentary Do You Use?

e v e

Paul is an apostle, and most of what he wrote is scripture. But he, himself, said that he also writes uninspired opinions. I can discern the difference because I have that gift.

Besides, what Paul wrote about women doesn't apply to me, but I still hate the arrogance of men that try to put all women in their place under them.
paul did not write that.

its a corruption 1000x by esau.

e v e

Esau messed with the lines to introduce his “women may not speak”
(playing upon roots –guné and -agnoéo)

[+but] – he [=God] (is) silent – in=to – all – the – saints [=’l.33b’] – (in-) the – churches ,
b
[=as] – not – permitting – [=himself] – to speak – to speak [+to them] ;
c
[=because] – [+they] (have) submitted [+themselves] + [c : sic]
[..] (to-) the – (..ignorant [=’corrupted’]..) (nomos=guné) – sayings ;

[=therefore] , if – anyone – (would) desire – to learn – at=whát – (..he [=God] said..) ,
b
let him investigate – the – (..words..) (tous=logos) – (of the-) (..prophets..) (andras=) ;
c
for – it is – shameful +
[+that] (the-) (..ignorant ones..) (guné=agnoéo)– (are) spoken – in – (the-) church , [sic]
[+because] – [..] the – word – [..] (of-) God – (has) departed – from – [=them] ;
b
or=and – it (will) – only – return – to=through – you [=’candidates’] : +

CharismaticLady

Esau messed with the lines to introduce his “women may not speak”
(playing upon roots –guné and -agnoéo)

[+but] – he [=God] (is) silent – in=to – all – the – saints [=’l.33b’] – (in-) the – churches ,
b
[=as] – not – permitting – [=himself] – to speak – to speak [+to them] ;
c
[=because] – [+they] (have) submitted [+themselves] + [c : sic]
[..] (to-) the – (..ignorant [=’corrupted’]..) (nomos=guné) – sayings ;

[=therefore] , if – anyone – (would) desire – to learn – at=whát – (..he [=God] said..) ,
b
let him investigate – the – (..words..) (tous=logos) – (of the-) (..prophets..) (andras=) ;
c
for – it is – shameful +
[+that] (the-) (..ignorant ones..) (guné=agnoéo)– (are) spoken – in – (the-) church , [sic]
[+because] – [..] the – word – [..] (of-) God – (has) departed – from – [=them] ;
b
or=and – it (will) – only – return – to=through – you [=’candidates’] : +

eve, I really don't know what you are quoting...

e v e

it’s a very roman view that sometimes paul (or a representative of God) could fall into opinions and other times speak what christ directs them to say.

it implies he shifted back and forth from God to the carnal mind …

not true.

e v e

it’s a very roman view that sometimes paul (or a representative of God) could fall into opinions and other times speak what christ directs them to say.

it implies he shifted back and forth from God to the carnal mind …

not true.
Bump.

BJ Bear

Sorry, but I'm not seeing a bottom line here. Just generalizations.
Well, the examples are so numerous it seems superfluous to post any. It seems to me we are equivocating on the type of action indicated by a verb in Greek. Three types of action which can be indicated by a verb in Greek are continuing, completed, and undefined.
What do you see as what the rest of scripture says that shows a person willfully committing a sin of lawlessness, the context of 1 John 3, specifically verified in verse 4.
Since there is no adverb indicating willfulness in that section of Scripture it is clear that you are reading that into it. I am sure that you are aware that Scripture distinguishes between sins done because of frailty, ignorance, and willfulness.

We do agree that, "Everyone practicing sin also practices lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness," 1 John 3:4 LITV. Again, the words practicing and practices are used to indicate the type of action indicated by the Greek verb, that is, a continuing action.

No one who is born of God commits adultery, murder, bears false witness or steals. And neither do they commit any of the sins of the flesh in Galatians 5:19-21. They don't commit any of these even once, let alone the liberal and erroneous translation of "practicing."
That is still contrary to 1 John 1:8-10. Follow the pronouns to determine who John refers to in those passages.
Your conscience where the Holy Spirit dwells wouldn't let you!

Again, a generalization. No examples.
Are you not aware of the distinction in Scripture between those done in ignorance, frailty, and willfulness? If you are then no examples are necessary. If you're not then that is another matter.
Same as above regarding willful sins of lawlessness. When you know the context, you can easily see that "practicing" doesn't make sense in light of the power of the blood of Jesus and the seed of the Father.
You are still reading willful into the passage, an error, which is leading to more errors. If you don't read the adverb willful into the passage what do you then conclude?
So you've corrected the literal translation to reduce the power of God? I KNOW the power of God and acknowledge it. And the literal translation does to.
The YLT is only a flawed translation and it's translator wrote that it wasn't intended for stand alone use. It is a translation whose title of literal is primarily relative to verb tenses in comparison to the Bibles then in common use, the KJV, Geneva, Bishop's, etc. Read the introductory remarks by the translator, Young.
John 8:32-36 The TRUTH shall set you free. The literal translation is the TRUTH.
The way you are trying to interpret that section of Scripture is an error. One way a person can know this is by reading the Lord's prayer. It did not come with an expiration date in this life.
It is clearly in answer to the translation of 1 John 3:9 that you chose out of all to choose from that are correct.
When a person bounces around with references without noting their location the other person is left to ask for a reference or playing mind reader.
It would also mean willfully. A person born of God cannot willfully commit sins of lawlessness. Even once. We don't obey by willpower, but supernaturally from a new nature that has the laws of God written on it to naturally obey.
You are reading into that section of Scripture what isn't there. Where is the adverb willfully? Where is a reference to even once?
God is the Author. You can only know His true meaning by the Spirit of Truth.
Since God is the author the Spirit of Truth has made His intended or true meaning clear through words.
Without the Spirit, you can only rely on human reasoning, and find what is actually taught to be foolishness. 1 Cor. 2
The context of chapter two is wisdom spoken among the mature, complete, or perfect. Since it is spoken, reason is necessarily a means by which we understand those words, otherwise, you wouldn't at this time need an English translation to know and understand the word of God. The one, for example, reason doesn't exclude the other, the Spirit. It is the same if one reverses the order.
and find teachers that teach what you want to hear, but they are doctrines of demons when it comes to sinlessness. Demons say "we will always sin," and like you said
Jesus was not wrong to teach the disciples to pray, "forgive us our trespasses as we forgive others," and John was not wrong to write, 'If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us." Obviously, Jesus and John are not demons and YES I do say what they say.
That was in answer to 1 John 3:9
Ok, then the answer is in the type of action indicated by the verbs, that is, the completed action of born of God in both instances, and the continuing action of sinning and His seed remaining in him. The two continuing action verbs are set in opposition by the context. The outcome or conclusion is that as His seed conrinues to remain in him, he is not able to sin in a continuing manner.

As the words of Jesus and John indicate, that is a different matter than whether a man will ever sin.
Of course, but do you know the reason why Jesus came in the first place?
Of course, the discussion has been dancing around the meaning of 1 John 3:8.

civic

Paul is an apostle, and most of what he wrote is scripture. But he, himself, said that he also writes uninspired opinions. I can discern the difference because I have many gifts that I can use to determine when he contradicts himself, what is scripture and what isn't.

Besides, what Paul wrote about women doesn't apply to me, but I still hate the arrogance of men that try to put all women in their place under them.
What a joke

cjab

I have many gifts that I can use to determine when he contradicts himself, what is scripture and what isn't.
So this means you sit in judgement on the apostles. Well there are many who do, but as Christ said, John 5:31, "If I testify about myself my testimony is not valid." Sorry I do not accept what you say about yourself.

RiJoRi

So this means you sit in judgement on the apostles.
Good heavens! It's worse, cjab! Because "all Scripture is God-breathed", and what she is judging is Scripture, this lady is judging what the Holy Spirit had Paul write, and thereby judging God! 😮

C_L, I beg you, for the love of Jesus, test that spirit which you say communicates with you! 😢

--Rich

CharismaticLady

So this means you sit in judgement on the apostles. Well there are many who do, but as Christ said, John 5:31, "If I testify about myself my testimony is not valid." Sorry I do not accept what you say about yourself.
LOL Paul did the same thing about himself, so you better not listen to him either. I'm not judging him, just listening to what he says about his writings and I happen to believe him and can tell what is obviously just him, or has been added by someone else. All I care about is the words of God, Himself.

• Haha
Reactions: Mik

CharismaticLady

Good heavens! It's worse, cjab! Because "all Scripture is God-breathed", and what she is judging is Scripture, this lady is judging what the Holy Spirit had Paul write, and thereby judging God! 😮

C_L, I beg you, for the love of Jesus, test that spirit which you say communicates with you! 😢

--Rich
All SCRIPTURE is God-breathed, but not all your personal letters are SCRIPTURE. R.J. I understand your concern, and I obey God totally. I don't know if you can hear God speak to you, but I do. Satan isn't answering all of my prayers for the last 44 years. And when I ask God questions and get the answer, I believe God. And when I found a Methodist commentary from their time of holiness, 1929, and look up the scriptures God spoke to me about and they MATCH, it verifies that Spiritual understanding is better than non-Spiritual carnal understanding. Get rid of everything that is a doctrine of demons, and start asking God. He will tell you. James 1:5-6.

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

WHAT? Why would you think I would believe my personal letters are God-breathed?

And if I wrote a personal letter, I would never address it to an entire church! Or did Paul slip one by the Holy Spirit?

Paul wrote to Timothy. That is what I mean. And I'm not saying I don't agree with anything in the two letters to Timothy, but regarding women, when Paul said I DON'T ALLOW, that is not a commandment from God. Besides, I did ask God about that years ago, and immediately He said, I didn't say that. And the knowledge that not everything Paul wrote was God breathed, BUT MOST OF IT IS.