Which came first in the logical order…

Sketo

Is your existence due to first your parents choice to come together and have you, then God reacts to their choice by creating you?

…or…

Is your existence due to first Gods choice to create you, and Gods determined means to bring you into existence was your parents choosing to come together and have you?

Bonus question: Where does your grandparents choice, to have your parents, fall in the logical order of your existence?

CCP

Is your existence due to first your parents choice to come together and have you, then God reacts to their choice by creating you?

…or…

Is your existence due to first Gods choice to create you, and Gods determined means to bring you into existence was your parents choosing to come together and have you?

Bonus question: Where does your grandparents choice, to have your parents, fall in the logical order of your existence?

CCP
I have a history of saying we can look at the Angels to help us out Theologically; or we can look at Jesus to help us find the answer to questions like this...

It was not Christ's parents choice. It was God's choice first for me to exist. All I've ever heard my Mama say is that my youngest brother was a surprise; to her anyway...

I have a history of saying we can look at the Angels to help us out Theologically; or we can look at Jesus to help us find the answer to questions like this...

It was not Christ's parents choice. It was God's choice first for me to exist. All I've ever heard my Mama say is that my youngest brother was a surprise; to her anyway...

Since you agree your existence was “God’s choice first”…

? It’s interesting to think that in order for you to exist there had to be a great number of choices made by your parents and grandparents to “come together” that trace all the way back to your greatest grandparents Adam and Eve.

What do you think about the bonus question…

CCP

? It’s interesting to think that in order for you to exist there had to be a great number of choices made by your parents and grandparents to “come together” that trace all the way back to your greatest grandparents Adam and Eve.

My Grandparent's (all four of them) Choices to have my parents, precedes my parents choices to have me...

…or…

CCP
God chose to create me; and pre-determined the means to bring about that creation. My grandparents' choice is the same; it was pre-determined, by God, to bring about his plans.

Dominoes...

…or…

CCP
This one or God isn't God.

…or…

Would not the following be more consistent with Calvinist Theology:
Is your existence due to your parents being meticulously determined to come together and have you, then God meticulously determined to create you?

…or…

Is your existence due to God's meticulous determination to both bring you into existence and bring your parents coming together to have you?

Since this is a philosophical question, scripture not providing an answer, I'll just see how this unfolds.

Would not the following be more consistent with Calvinist Theology:
Is your existence due to your parents being meticulously determined to come together and have you, then God meticulously determined to create you?

…or…

Is your existence due to God's meticulous determination to both bring you into existence and bring your parents coming together to have you?

Since this is a philosophical question, scripture not providing an answer, I'll just see how this unfolds.
Would you agree that God was Providentially involved?

Yes lots of philosophy of men happening these days . It’s not my cup of tea ☕️ for sure. I much prefer Gods word and what’s clearly stated in scripture rather then the philosophies of men that Paul opposes in Colossians. We are warned not to get caught up in such arguments.

Col 2:8
Don’t let anyone capture you with empty philosophies and high-sounding nonsense that come from human thinking and from the spiritual powers of this world, rather than from Christ.
Would you say the Providence of God is the Philosophy of Men?

Can you elaborate some more with your question thank you

My gut says no but I will wait to see your response .
Sure, but I'm not used to having to do that for the likes of Theo, Civic and the rest...

…or…

CCP

If God's children (believers) are made in His image, then God's children (believers) are created by Him.

So, if unbelievers aren't created in God's image, then are they a part of His creation?

If God's children (believers) are made in His image, then God's children (believers) are created by Him.

So, if unbelievers aren't created in God's image, then are they a part of His creation?
I don't think this is what the OP wants to talk about, but is what you always want to talk about. He may not be ready to let someone take over his Thread yet...

Would you agree that God was Providentially involved?

From the link you provided; apparently, God's providence is unexplainable.
" The mode of God's providential government is altogether unexplained. We only know that it is a fact that God does govern all his creatures and all their actions; "

So, we're back to philosophy; God does as he pleases.

From the link you provided; apparently, God's providence is unexplainable.
" The mode of God's providential government is altogether unexplained. We only know that it is a fact that God does govern all his creatures and all their actions; "

So, we're back to philosophy; God does as he pleases.
Fair enough...

You read it, Johnny read it; and y'all came to different conclussions. It's my belief that Johnny didn't Cherry-Pick the 'one' statement but referenced every statement. I recommend you do the same. When a Bible Dictionary is thorough and gives a full definition, you should be thorough as well...

…or…

So which one is your view?

…or…

CCP

Back