Which Generation?

SovereignGrace

Whats the "mark of the beast" specfically?

And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name.[Rev. 13:16-17]

Notice that the mark is not necessarily ‘666’ but the name of the beast as well. Does the beast have a literal name recorded in the Bible? Not that I’m aware of.

SovereignGrace

Plus, it’s reported Nero was called “beast” as he allegedly wrapped himself in animal skins. I heard that during his reign, ppl were given a mark on either their head or hand(gasp, shock, horror!) and only those could buy and/or sell(another gasp, shock, horror!), but I can’t find any info regarding this. But I’ll keep looking.

Reformedguy

And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name.[Rev. 13:16-17]

Notice that the mark is not necessarily ‘666’ but the name of the beast as well. Does the beast have a literal name recorded in the Bible? Not that I’m aware of.
Not that I know of. I know you had to profess ceaser as Lord and bow or you could not buy or sell

robycop3

You know what it is; you're just playing games because you know you're stumped in providing historical proofs that the eschatological events have occurred, but you're too stubborn to admit that preterism is false.

But I'll answer your question anyway. It's some sorta mark that the antichrist will issue thru the false prophet-most likely some sorta microchip-that'll be implanted on the right hand or forehead, & no one without it will be able to buy or sell. It's mentioned in Rev. 13, specifically called "mark of the beast" in V. 17.

And Paul said he would appear at least 2000 years later?

No! Paul said, "the man of sin/ mystery of iniquity" was already at work..."And NOW ye know what withhold that 'he' might be revealed in his time.
For the mystery of iniquity do 'already' work; only he who NOW let, will let until he be taken out of the way." 2 Thessalonians 2:6,7

Thus, Paul and the first century saints knew 'who' the man of sin was, and 'what' was holding him back... but chose not to record it.

If what it refers to in Revelation is future. If " what must soon take place" means what it says then it refers to the Herodian temple.

True!

robycop3

This is a rather compelling case that Nero is the beast.
Nero fails to meet quite a few Scriptural criteria for the beast:

1. He was never in Jerusalem in his life.
2. He had no miracle-working false prophet as a sidekick.
3. He was appointed as Caesar & confirmed by the Senate; he did NOT overthrow 3 other rulers to gain power.
4. He did not issue any mark of the beast that was implanted in the right hand or forehead.
5. He did not rule most of the world.
6. The RCC didn't then exist, so it didn't try to control him.
7. He was not cast alive into hell; he was stabbed by his scribe Ephphroditus, at his own command.

Yes, Nero was a bad boy, but he was NOT the beast. The TRUE beast must fulfill EVERY Scriptural criterion for the beast, TO THE LETTER.

As for your article, it's pure bunk. I've seen all that garbage before. Nero was no more the beast than Hitler was; the TRUE beast hasn't yet come to power, if he's even been born yet.

Last edited:

SovereignGrace

***sigh***

One does not have to literally set on the same exact throne to set on the throne. Solomon set upon a different throne than David did. Solomon assumed David’s throne, meaning he took authority of the Jews after David died, but he had his own throne. Jesus does not set upon the same exact throne David did. The language used means authority over ppl. Just as Nero exercised authority over the Jews, he set upon the throne.

SovereignGrace

Moreover, the king made a great throne of ivory and overlaid it with refined gold. There were six steps to the throne and a round top to the throne at its rear, and arms on each side of the seat, and two lions standing beside the arms. Twelve lions were standing there on the six steps on the one side and on the other; nothing like it was made for any other kingdom.[1 Kings 10:18-20]

This was Solomon’s throne he built that was not the same throne his father sat upon. The throne is a symbol of authority and Solomon assumed David’s authority upon his death, assumed his throne, his authority, though his throne was entirely different.

robycop3

***sigh***

One does not have to literally set on the same exact throne to set on the throne. Solomon set upon a different throne than David did. Solomon assumed David’s throne, meaning he took authority of the Jews after David died, but he had his own throne. Jesus does not set upon the same exact throne David did. The language used means authority over ppl. Just as Nero exercised authority over the Jews, he set upon the throne.
Yes, "throne" in the context it's used for in Scripture means rulership, not a literal chair. And God promised David his throne would endure FOR EVER. God re-iterated that promise in Jeremiah 33 as He was preparing to end Zedekiah's reign & dynasty, to assure Jerry that was NOT the end of Dave's throne. And that throne is still here on earth somewhere. There's a descendant of David's ruling over Israelis somewhere right now. That'll be the throne(rulership) Jesus will take over at His return.