Which Generation?

SovereignGrace

Jesus is ruling now, and is not waiting to do so in the future.

In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which will never be destroyed, and that kingdom will not be left for another people; it will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, but it will itself endure forever. Inasmuch as you saw that a stone was cut out of the mountain without hands and that it crushed the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver and the gold, the great God has made known to the king what will take place in the future; so the dream is true and its interpretation is trustworthy.”[Daniel 2:44-45]

This is the kingdom of heaven that will grow as a mustard seed[Matthew 13:31-32] and will spread as leaven that a woman hid in three pecks of flour that eventually leavened all the flour[Matthew 13:33]. This is also found in Daniel 7 where he has the vision of the four beasts. Each of those beasts came up out of the sea, and that referred to gentile nations.

SovereignGrace

Since Jesus is ruling over all now isn't he ruling over Israel as well?
I am referring to David’s literal throne. Look back at @robycop3 ’s post on the previous page as he said someone was on David’s throne(a sign of rulership not a literal throne and I may have misunderstood his point) right now, and once Jesus comes back to establish the millennium, He will take over that throne from whoever is ruling the Jews.

Not so. He is ruling right now in the midst of His enemies.

Last edited:

SovereignGrace

@robycop3 ‘s post(a snippet of it) from post # 120…

And that throne is still here on earth somewhere. There's a descendant of David's ruling over Israelis somewhere right now. That'll be the throne(rulership) Jesus will take over at His return.

I wanna know who he is and where he is located setting in David’s place.

robycop3

Jesus is ruling now, no one is ruling over the Jews here on earth right now.
Some descendant of David's is ruling over some Israelis(not necessarily Jews) on earth right now, or God has not kept His promise.
Jeremiah 33:19 And the word of the Lord came to Jeremiah, saying, 20 “Thus says the Lord: ‘If you can break My covenant with the day and My covenant with the night, so that there will not be day and night in their season, 21 then My covenant may also be broken with David My servant, so that he shall not have a son to reign on his throne, and with the Levites, the priests, My ministers. 22 As the host of heaven cannot be numbered, nor the sand of the sea measured, so will I multiply the descendants of David My servant and the Levites who minister to Me.’ ” 25 “Thus says the Lord: ‘If My covenant is not with day and night, and if I have not appointed the ordinances of heaven and earth, 26 then I will cast away the descendants of Jacob and David My servant, so that I will not take any of his descendants to be rulers(plural!) over the descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. For I will cause their captives to return, and will have mercy on them.’ ”

robycop3

@robycop3 stated this…

Where? Who? This is purely conjecture w/o one scintilla of proof.
If that's true, God has not kept His promise.

2 Samuel 7:12 “When your days are fulfilled and you rest with your fathers, I will set up your seed after you, who will come from your body, and I will establish his kingdom. 13 He shall build a house for My name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever. 14 I will be his Father, and he shall be My son. If he commits iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men and with the [d]blows of the sons of men. 15 But My mercy shall not depart from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I removed from before you. 16 And your house and your kingdom shall be established forever before you. Your throne shall be established forever.” ’ ”

Plus, the Jeremiah 33 verses in # 132 above, which is a re-iteration of the above 2 Samuel verses. God was about to end Zedekiah's dynasty, & He wanted Jeremiah to write down that was not the end of David's dynasty.

robycop3

I am referring to David’s literal throne. Look back at @robycop3 ’s post on the previous page as he said someone was on David’s throne(a sign of rulership not a literal throne and I may have misunderstood his point) right now, and once Jesus comes back to establish the millennium, He will take over that throne from whoever is ruling the Jews.

Not so. He is ruling right now in the midst of His enemies.
No. If Jesus was actually ruling now, sin wouldn't be so prevalent. He may be presiding over the workings of the universe right now, but He's not directly ruling on earth.

SovereignGrace

No. If Jesus was actually ruling now, sin wouldn't be so prevalent. He may be presiding over the workings of the universe right now, but He's not directly ruling on earth.
Your futurism has you so straightjacketed you can’t see anything else. In regards to Him ruling, according to you He is just up there twiddling His thumbs.

robycop3

Your futurism has you so straightjacketed you can’t see anything else. In regards to Him ruling, according to you He is just up there twiddling His thumbs.
So Jesus, while ruling, permits the massive disobedience to His commands that's now occurring?

And I see you can't answer further about the fact of a descendant of David's now ruling over Israelis somewhere. Whether you like it or not, it's in GOD'S WORD.