Which have more intrinsic animosity toward Jesus' Saints; Jews, atheists or Muslims?

Algor

Except its not biology. Its religion.
I agree it isn't biology, but it isn't just religion either,. It's culture. Religion is one aspect of culture. Another aspect of the culture is identity by maternal descent. Why be reductive?

Algor

Zero observant Jews are atheists. Obviously.
Actually, this isn't so obvious.

You can be observant, and an atheist (this is an actual thing, BTW. I'm not making hypothetical stuff up). I wouldn't want to argue that this is very common, but you do have people who are observant, who go through phases of their life where they maintain their practice, but have lost their faith. It happens.

Temujin

Actually, this isn't so obvious.

You can be observant, and an atheist (this is an actual thing, BTW. I'm not making hypothetical stuff up). I wouldn't want to argue that this is very common, but you do have people who are observant, who go through phases of their life where they maintain their practice, but have lost their faith. It happens.
I quite agree. For examples, just look around an average church at Christmas or Easter. I don't really class someone who is going through the motions as observant however. There are occasions when I attend church services and join in most of the rituals, though I never recite the creed or take communion. I would never class myself as observant in that sense.

Temujin

LOL!! International law. What is that, exactly?

The entire UN is a joke. They may understand international law (whatever that means or matters), but they don't care. Russia and China are permanent members? Yet you laud the UN?

Wow.
International law is a mechanism for countries to solve differences without conflict or losing face. Like the UN, it works. One of the reasons it works is precisely because both Russia and China are permanent members of the Security Council. They are there for the same reason that the US is there. Your personal failure to recognise this is neither unexpected or bothersome.

Tiburon

"Given" is your pet word used to deliver unsupported assertions.

A person is Jewish if born to a Jewish mother but gets tribal lineage from the father.

Judaism is a tribal reference from the tribe of Judah.

Your subprime education flares up.

The first Christians were Jews. The Disciples were Jews.

We note how much you can't stand Israel.
Jesus was a Jew.

Algor

I quite agree. For examples, just look around an average church at Christmas or Easter. I don't really class someone who is going through the motions as observant however. There are occasions when I attend church services and join in most of the rituals, though I never recite the creed or take communion. I would never class myself as observant in that sense.
I can tell you that there are ritually observant Orthodox Jews who are atheists. It sounds weird, but it is true. Culture is extraordinarily important to traditional Jews. Non-Jewish western people are accustomed to thinking about religion as a group of practices motivated by belief, but belief isn't so uniquely central to ethnically based religions: identity is also important.

Temujin

I can tell you that there are ritually observant Orthodox Jews who are atheists. It sounds weird, but it is true. Culture is extraordinarily important to traditional Jews. Non-Jewish western people are accustomed to thinking about religion as a group of practices motivated by belief, but belief isn't so uniquely central to ethnically based religions: identity is also important.
I agree. Exactly the same kind of cultural rather than belief-orientated observance is found in the Church of England. Congregants murmur the magic spells out of habit and the church buildings are now much more revered than the religion that is housed there.

Woody50

International law is a mechanism for countries to solve differences without conflict or losing face.
Losing face to whom? We're a sovereign country beholden to NONE. You seem to think we have to obey other countries.
Like the UN, it works.
The UN, populated by terrorists, dictators, and evil people, doesn't work.

Question: for whom do you think it works?

It's obvious you've not thought this through...
One of the reasons it works is precisely because both Russia and China are permanent members of the Security Council.
AH! Dictatorships and oppressors. Can you say Stalin?

You're in the dark and wouldn't know history if you relived it.
They are there for the same reason that the US is there. Your personal failure to recognise this is neither unexpected or bothersome.
Recognize is spelled with a "z," dude.

Temujin

Losing face to whom? We're a sovereign country beholden to NONE. You seem to think we have to obey other countries.
Being a sovereign country does not stop you losing face. For example, the US became the biggest laughing stock in the entire world throughout the Trump presidency. Beholden or not, you lost face, and influence.

The UN, populated by representatives from most of the sovereign states in the world, does work.
Question: for whom do you think it works?
Answer, for most of the sovereign states in the world.

It's obvious you've not thought this through...
It's obvious you haven't a clue about how international relations work.

AH! Dictatorships and oppressors. Can you say Stalin?
That's right. Get them in the UN where you can talk to them. Better jaw jaw than war war.
You're in the dark and wouldn't know history if you relived it.
Coming from someone who doesn't know what international law is, that's quite amusing.
Recognize is spelled with a "z," dude.
You spell it how you like, but the language is English, not American, and here it is spelt with an s, not a zed, butty bach.

Authentic Nouveau

LOL!! International law. What is that, exactly?

The entire UN is a joke. They may understand international law (whatever that means or matters), but they don't care. Russia and China are permanent members? Yet you laud the UN?

Wow.
Both of us got a belly laugh on UN & International Law.

Uyghurs in China are getting a taste of International Law enforcement.

Authentic Nouveau

Hm. Isaiah 53 isn't a forbidden chapter for Jews. You are simply wrong, and there are lots of Jewish resources that will demonstrate that you are wrong.

53 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the Lord revealed?

2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Glad to know your Rabbis told you about Jesus.

Algor

53 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the Lord revealed?

2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Glad to know your Rabbis told you about Jesus.

I don't have any rabbis, nor has any rabbi ever told me about Jesus, and you shouldn't tell untruths as you did in the OP. As I demonstrated by reference to a Jewish website, in no way is Isaiah 53 forbidden to Jews.

Authentic Nouveau

I don't have any rabbis, nor has any rabbi ever told me about Jesus, and you shouldn't tell untruths as you did in the OP. As I demonstrated by reference to a Jewish website, in no way is Isaiah 53 forbidden to Jews.
Prove it.

Looks like you have not proven an untruth of any sort. Do you know why?

Algor

Prove it.

Looks like you have not proven an untruth of any sort. Do you know why?
LOL. Isaiah 53 is included in the Jewish Bible (as I showed).

It is also referenced in the Gemara (not to mention by other major commenters).

You think a text included in the Hebrew Bible and referenced in the Talmud Bavli is forbidden to Jews? How do you suppose that is going to happen? If you think it CAN happen, you know nothing about Jewish education. Or you could post the same bilge on the Judaism board and get shredded by the locals there. That should be fun to watch. Go ahead, try it. If you are right, you should be able to defend yourself without a problem.

You should not tell untruths about other people's religion, just as you should not try to pretend you are a physician.

Last edited:

Algor

Rabbis have no control over the internet.
That's for sure. People are completely free to tell obvious untruths about Judaism all they like. And they do.
Like the OP wherein it is claimed that Isaiah 53 is forbidden to Jews: not only untrue, but obviously untrue.

Some people also use the internet to boast of their medical training when they clearly have none.

Authentic Nouveau

Looks like the UN has no clue.
The United Nations (UN) was set up in 1945 as an international umbrella organisation with several objectives primarily including the prevention of war and maintaining peace in disputed areas.