Which little horn is it?

JonHawk

If you are reproached for the name of Christ, blessed are you, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you. On their part He is blasphemed, but on your part He is glorified. 1 Peter 4:14
In the New Testament, it is the antichrist who sits in the temple showing himself to be God, but the temple is no longer one built by hand. Instead, one worships in spirit and truth, and the temple is determined by who we place our focus on. Who reigns in our heart?

I don't think it's a coincidence that the term "temple" shares its roots with the temple of one's forehead.

God's chosen have bound his law in their forehead, and upon their arms. God's law is etched into their brains, and manifested in everything they do.

Anything one places before God is a false god, and anyone who pollutes the temple they've been given with swine is giving thanks to a false god.
Listen to Me, you who know right from wrong, the people in whose heart is My law and My instruction: do not concern yourselves with the reproach and slanders of men.
For the moth will eat them up like a garment, And the worm will eat them like wool; But My righteousness will be forever,
And My salvation from generation to generation. Isa 51:6-8

Have you ever considered that your opinion has no value to others, including GOD ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

Which little horn desecrated the sanctuary in Daniel 8?

Was it the little horn that came out of 1 horn of 4 horns?

Or.....

Was it the one that uprooted 3 other horns out of 10 horns?

JonHawk

Or.....

If I fought against wild beasts with no more than human endeavors, the expectation of mortals, what have I gained?
If the dead are not raised, “Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die.” 1 Cor 15:32

They related what great things God had done and how He had opened to the Gentiles a door of faith [in Jesus as the Messiah, through Whom we have obtained salvation in the eternal kingdom of God]. Acts 14:27 And all who were appointed for eternal life believed. Acts 13:48

Common Tater

If I fought against wild beasts with no more than human endeavors, the expectation of mortals, what have I gained?
If the dead are not raised, “Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die.” 1 Cor 15:32

They related what great things God had done and how He had opened to the Gentiles a door of faith [in Jesus as the Messiah, through Whom we have obtained salvation in the eternal kingdom of God]. Acts 14:27 And all who were appointed for eternal life believed. Acts 13:48
You still aren't answering his question.

JonHawk

You still aren't answering his question.
That certainly describes how they offered clean offerings in the sanctuary.
But when this Priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God,
from that time waiting till His enemies are made His footstool. Heb 10:12-13

Common Tater

But when this Priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God,
You have still not provided a clear answer to his question. Which was:

Or.....

JonHawk

You have still not provided a clear answer to his question. Which was:

Or.....
Needless to say, none of these beasts offering unclean offerings who take a stand against the Prince of princes will prevail. 8:25

I continued to watch because of the boastful words the horn was speaking.
Then I kept looking until the beast was slain and its body destroyed and thrown into the blazing fire.
I continued to look, and the Messiah was lifted up to the right hand of the Ancient of Days and was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed. 7:11-14

Common Tater

Needless to say, none of these beasts offering unclean offerings who take a stand against the Prince of princes will prevail. 8:25

Then I kept looking until the beast was slain and its body destroyed and thrown into the blazing fire.
I continued to look, and the Messiah was lifted up to the right hand of the Ancient of Days and was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed. 7:11-14
I agree that they will not prevail, however, that is not an answer to the question that Csda asked.

Or.....

Why such reluctance to provide a straight answer to a pretty simple question? (and I'd much prefer you answer his question before you answer this one)

JonHawk

I agree that they will not prevail, however, that is not an answer to the question that Csda asked.

Every last bastard who denies Christ.
Why such reluctance to provide a straight answer to a pretty simple question?
Politically correct went out the window long ago.

Common Tater

Every last bastard who denies Christ.
Still not an answer to his question.

Or.....

Politically correct went out the window long ago.
Now you are trying to throw a red herring down a rabbit hole. Are you an Adventist by any chance? You certainly dodge answering questions like one.

JonHawk

JonHawk said:
Common Tater said:
I am in agreement with what Jews and Christians have understood the identity of the little horn of Daniel 8 to be, and that is Antiochus Epiphanes.
shnarkle said:
In the New Testament, it is the antichrist who sits in the temple showing himself to be God, but the temple is no longer one built by hand. Instead, one worships in spirit and truth, and the temple is determined by who we place our focus on. Who reigns in our heart?
And in your point of view Common Tater, was Antiochus the only antichrist that walked the face of the earth? Even now many antichrists have come. (1 John 2:18)
Now you are trying to throw a red herring down a rabbit hole.
On the contrary, since this is a matter of the heart as shnarkle pointed out, we will all give an account of who sits in the temple in the new covenant.
Are you an Adventist by any chance? You certainly dodge answering questions like one.
Whatever makes you sleep at night Common Tater.

And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who [are reconciled through Him] obey Him, 10 called by God as High Priest “according to the order of Melchizedek. Heb 5

God has exalted to His right hand to be Prince and Savior, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins. 32 And we are His witnesses to these things, and so also is the Holy Spirit whom God has given to those who obey Him. Acts 5

Common Tater

And in your point of view Common Tater, was Antiochus the only antichrist that walked the face of the earth? Even now many antichrists have come. (1 John 2:18)

On the contrary, since this is a matter of the heart as shnarkle pointed out, we will all give an account of who sits in the temple in the new covenant.

And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who [are reconciled through Him] obey Him, 10 called by God as High Priest “according to the order of Melchizedek. Heb 5

God has exalted to His right hand to be Prince and Savior, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins. 32 And we are His witnesses to these things, and so also is the Holy Spirit whom God has given to those who obey Him. Acts 5
No, Antiochus is not the only anti-christ, but he is the little horn that desecrates the sanctuary in Daniel 8. Not every anti-christ in history is mentioned in Daniel 8. Only the one who came from one of the four divisions of the Greek Empire after the death of Alexander the Great. See how easy it is to answer a question? No need to obfuscate, no need to muddy the water.

JonHawk

JonHawk said:
Common Tater said:
Common Tater said:
I am in agreement with what Jews and Christians have understood the identity of the little horn of Daniel 8 to be, and that is Antiochus Epiphanes.
shnarkle said:
Common Tater said:
Now you are trying to throw a red herring down a rabbit hole.
Common Tater said:
Are you an Adventist by any chance? You certainly dodge answering questions like one.

No, Antiochus is not the only anti-christ, but he is the little horn that desecrates the sanctuary in Daniel 8. Not every anti-christ in history is mentioned in Daniel 8. Only the one who came from one of the four divisions of the Greek Empire after the death of Alexander the Great. See how easy it is to answer a question? No need to obfuscate, no need to muddy the water.
Well then if you think he's a special antichrist, no need to muddy the water, give him a ribbon on his way to hell.

Last edited:

Common Tater

Well then if you think he's a special antichrist, no need to muddy the water, give him a ribbon on his way to hell.
Honestly, I do not know where you are coming from. Daniel 8 deals with specifics. It makes sure to tell you that this vision involves Medo-Persia and Greece. It is obvious that the goat's prominent horn is Alexander the Great, just as it is obvious that the four horns are the diadochi. Antiochus Epiphanes was a king of the Seluecid Empire and his actions towards Israel and Judaism fit the bill for the little horn.

Common Tater

I don't think it's a coincidence that the term "temple" shares its roots with the temple of one's forehead.

God's chosen have bound his law in their forehead, and upon their arms. God's law is etched into their brains, and manifested in everything they do.

Anything one places before God is a false god, and anyone who pollutes the temple they've been given with swine is giving thanks to a false god.
Can you show where the term "temple" shares its roots with the temple of one's forehead? The greek word for temple is "ναοῦ" and the word for forehead is "μετώπων". They are not the same. I know that the hebrew word for "forehead" is not the same for the "house of the Lord" either.

shnarkle

Can you show where the term "temple" shares its roots with the temple of one's forehead? The greek word for temple is "ναοῦ" and the word for forehead is "μετώπων". They are not the same. I know that the hebrew word for "forehead" is not the same for the "house of the Lord" either.

contemplate (v.)​

1590s, "reflect upon, ponder, study, view mentally, meditate," from Latin contemplatus, past participle of contemplari "to gaze attentively, observe; consider, contemplate," originally "to mark out a space for observation" (as an augur does), from assimilated form of com-, here perhaps an intensive prefix (see com-), + templum "area for the taking of auguries" (see temple (n.1)).

temple (n.1)

"building for worship, edifice dedicated to the service of a deity or deities," Old English tempel, from Latin templum "piece of ground consecrated for the taking of auspices, building for worship of a god," of uncertain signification.

Commonly referred to PIE root *tem- "to cut," on notion of "place reserved or cut out" [Watkins], or to root *temp- "to stretch" [Klein, de Vaan], on notion of "cleared (measured) space in front of an altar" (from PIE root *ten- "to stretch;" compare temple (n.2)), the notion being perhaps the "stretched" string that marks off the ground. Compare Greek temenos "sacred area around a temple," literally "place cut off," from stem of temnein "to cut." Figurative sense of "any place regarded as occupied by divine presence" was in Old English. Applied to Jewish synagogues from 1590s.

Common Tater

contemplate (v.)​

1590s, "reflect upon, ponder, study, view mentally, meditate," from Latin contemplatus, past participle of contemplari "to gaze attentively, observe; consider, contemplate," originally "to mark out a space for observation" (as an augur does), from assimilated form of com-, here perhaps an intensive prefix (see com-), + templum "area for the taking of auguries" (see temple (n.1)).

temple (n.1)

"building for worship, edifice dedicated to the service of a deity or deities," Old English tempel, from Latin templum "piece of ground consecrated for the taking of auspices, building for worship of a god," of uncertain signification.

Commonly referred to PIE root *tem- "to cut," on notion of "place reserved or cut out" [Watkins], or to root *temp- "to stretch" [Klein, de Vaan], on notion of "cleared (measured) space in front of an altar" (from PIE root *ten- "to stretch;" compare temple (n.2)), the notion being perhaps the "stretched" string that marks off the ground. Compare Greek temenos "sacred area around a temple," literally "place cut off," from stem of temnein "to cut." Figurative sense of "any place regarded as occupied by divine presence" was in Old English. Applied to Jewish synagogues from 1590s.
So not in the original hebrew or greek then? What are you using, the Vulgate?

JonHawk

JonHawk said:
Honestly, I do not know where you are coming from. Daniel 8 deals with specifics. It makes sure to tell you that this vision involves Medo-Persia and Greece. It is obvious that the goat's prominent horn is Alexander the Great, just as it is obvious that the four horns are the diadochi. Antiochus Epiphanes was a king of the Seluecid Empire and his actions towards Israel and Judaism fit the bill for the little horn.
Your divided kingdom cannot stand and your shaggy goat is doomed to hell.
JonHawk said: