Which Voice do you Hear and Follow?

Our Lord's God

Jesus' sheep hear his voice and they follow him.

Who is your Shepherd? So which voice do you hear and follow?

Do you hear the voice of earthly men and follow them and their teachings?

Or, do you hear the voice of the Good Shepherd and follow him and the teachings of his God?

Gary Mac

Or, do you hear the voice of the Good Shepherd and follow him and the teachings of his God?
Jesus said that in that day ye shall ask me nothing but go to the Father for yourself and He will give it you.

How many actually hear from God Himself? When I read their posts it is obvious they hear from man in their doctrines for their beliefs dictating to their gods what they would have him be in their image instead of being as the One Jesus was like themselves.

Our Lord's God

Jesus said that in that day ye shall ask me nothing but go to the Father for yourself and He will give it you.

How many actually hear from God Himself? When I read their posts it is obvious they hear from man in their doctrines for their beliefs dictating to their gods what they would have him be in their image instead of being as the One Jesus was like themselves.

They are out the world, therefore they speak out of the world, and the world hears them. We are out of God. He who knows God hears us. He who is not out of God does not hear us. By this we know the Spirit of Truth and the spirit of error.
1 John 4:5-6

Gary Mac

They are out the world, therefore they speak out of the world, and the world hears them. We are out of God. He who knows God hears us. He who is not out of God does not hear us. By this we know the Spirit of Truth and the spirit of error.
1 John 4:5-6
It is easy to see who is of God and who is not by what comes out from them. Those in Christ sound exactly as Jesus did by having his same mind, same disposition, same nature. Sadly they do not listen to Jesus to have from God that what he received from Him and made him a god instead and set themselves separate from the God who sent Jesus to show them His will that they be as He is and in His same image, that of Love.

Gary Mac

To be of God it isnt about what God has done for us but what God has done in us by His Spirit where our mind is born again to think in His terms of Spirit. And in that baptism obliterates that forever and we begin to realize what Jesus meant when he said ye shall be witness unto me not not witness for what he can do which is elementary. And in this renewing we are no longer under restraints for what he can do but actually be and walk as He walks in his same light, same mind, same everything that God is in His same image.

GeneZ

Jesus spoke of His voice being heard when entering into salvation. For a shepherd gave a call to his flock and they would respond to his voice. You can have ten flocks fenced in one pen, and the voice of each shepherd would attract only the sheep that are their own.

For it can only mean about entering into salvation... For, many Christians after they are saved enter into all sorts of bad doctrinal teachings... Jesus gives his call. Satan wishes to distract away. Those who hear His voice enter into regeneration.

Our Lord's God

Jesus spoke of His voice being heard when entering into salvation. For a shepherd gave a call to his flock and they would respond to his voice. You can have ten flocks fenced in one pen, and the voice of each shepherd would attract only the sheep that are their own.

For it can only mean about entering into salvation... For, many Christians after they are saved enter into all sorts of bad doctrinal teachings... Jesus gives his call. Satan wishes to distract away. Those who hear His voice enter into regeneration.

He is referring to those who FOLLOW HIM wherever he goes.

GeneZ

He is referring to those who FOLLOW HIM wherever he goes.
Look at everyone here. I would say you are being a bit naive. For, many can not agree with the other.

Are we all hearing his voice in that case? You do not hear the same voice as me if you can believe what you do.

Many believers get off in the toolies and wander away after they are saved.

If they persist and refuse correction God will take them home early with an unpleasant way of dying. No "dying grace" will be given them.

If you see any brother or sister commit a sin that does not lead to death,
you should pray and God will give them life. I refer to those whose sin does
not lead to death. There is a sin that leads to death. I am not saying that you
should pray about that." 1 John 5:16​

A shepherds voice was heard by many sheep in a master pen they stayed in for over night rest... Only the ones who are the shepherd's would separate and go with him after they heard his voice calling. The other sheep would stay, and await the voice of their own shepherd.

Gary Mac

Describe salvation in your eyes, Whosoever believes?

GeneZ

As a Catholic, I try my best every day.

God says our natural righteousness is as filthy rags. Isaiah 64:6

We need to become filled with God's grace and be taught the Word of God on a daily basis as to keep ourselves growing in the grace and knowledge of God's Word. Ritual imparts no knowledge.

The more we learn the Word of God and understand it, the more we learn that we have nothing in our natural selves to please God.

That He must give us sound Bible teachings, and we must learn to be filled with the Spirit to become transformed into what is acceptable. Transformed into what God wants us to become and be. Rules and traditions of the church produces obedient servants always doing what they are told, not those who intimately know God in the Spirit.

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being
transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from
the Lord, who is the Spirit." 2 Corinthians 3:17-18​

Note:

"Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

Where the Pope is? Its dogma, rules and traditions. Its a religion that uses the name of Jesus a lot.. Its not a life of the spirit and truth. The life the Lord seeks in believers.

Some fear being close to God and His light that sees all we are. They must hide from Him behind a curtain of religion.

Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father
in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit,
and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.” John 4:23-24​

In Jesus name.... grace and peace.

Arch Stanton

God says our natural righteousness is as filthy rags. Isaiah 64:6

We need to become filled with God's grace and be taught the Word of God on a daily basis as to keep ourselves growing in the grace and knowledge of God's Word. Ritual imparts no knowledge.

The more we learn the Word of God and understand it, the more we learn that we have nothing in our natural selves to please God.

That He must give us sound Bible teachings, and we must learn to be filled with the Spirit to become transformed into what is acceptable. Transformed into what God wants us to become and be. Rules and traditions of the church produces obedient servants always doing what they are told, not those who intimately know God in the Spirit.

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being
transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from
the Lord, who is the Spirit." 2 Corinthians 3:17-18​

Note:

"Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

Where the Pope is? Its dogma, rules and traditions. Its a religion that uses the name of Jesus a lot.. Its not a life of the spirit and truth. The life the Lord seeks in believers.

Some fear being close to God and His light that sees all we are. They must hide from Him behind a curtain of religion.

Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father
in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit,
and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.” John 4:23-24​

In Jesus name.... grace and peace.
Hi Gene,

I highlighted a point in red above. We continue receiving those graces through the sacraments. Personally, I wouldn't say the Eucharist is a 'ritual'; it is the body, blood, soul, and divinity of Christ.

On your point about reading the bible and growing in grace, what would I do if I were a new Christian in the year 42AD?

Blessings!

GeneZ

not at all [on only the Pope does] but a train needs tracks and a river needs banks ;)
But, Jesus said that is just the opposite of how a believer will be when empowered by the Spirit.

The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound,
but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going.
So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.” John 3:8

When a believer matures in his learning and knowing the Word of God, God at that point will trust his son to operate in grace like an eagle releasing its young to fly.

The Spirit is the leading wind beneath our wings of understood Scriptural knowledge. For the land-locked religious ones, they will not understand how it can be. But, they will know that they are hearing something they never were shown before. They will say to themselves... "I know what he is saying. But, where is this guy coming from, and where is he going with it?"

You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going.

Only the doctrinally educated and mature spiritual believer will know another of the same kind. The religious man remains like a lump on a log ... The religious one hears the spiritual one's words. But he can not figure out where this guy is coming from. Or, where he is going with what he says. Just like the religious Jews could not comprehend Jesus and tripped over taking him literally too often.

When Jesus told the crowd that they must eat his flesh and drink his blood? They were dull from religion. They took him literally. As a result, many took off after they realized Jesus is coming from another place and followed Him no more. (John 6:66)

I told you something. But, could you follow me?

No second chances once its over.... Now is the time of a million chances. There is much to learn. It will take the rest of your life till you breathe your last.

grace and peace ..........

Gary Mac

As a Catholic, I try my best every day.
Yes I agree, Catholics as all denominations do try and follow their laws to govern their gods, but we who has received from God His Spirit as Jesus where He opens all of His heaven to us, we no longer try but actually live His way, His truth and His life for He is in us and we are in Him as one, same mind, same walk as He walks in His same light. He in us and we in Him are one just as Jesus was one in him